Church Shootings Today

gwprod12

45 posts in this topic

Let me get this straight...

People who's life is devoted to teaching the heathens the way of Jesus can't be bothered to help people in need.

Shocking.

So killing 2 people justifies it. This was a school .....I think that would be a great idea, let all the "people in need" live in our public schools. (they have rights too) Thats where the "teaching the heathens" really takes place

Pathetic

Many shootings this week!

Heh, this is about 4 minutes away from my house :wallbash:

There was another shooting over the summer within a mile of that school.

Show / Hide - RE: InsanelyMac? - kevin4e - 23 mins ago | Reply | Delete

No, I'm another kevin_4e you b00n :)

jk, yea I'm the same one. I just got invited.

I have no idea how to get a good ratio here. This looks tougher than OiNK to me but we'll see.

I'm pretty sure it's from the bible... The four gospels, especially.

"Little children, let us love, neither in word nor with the tongue, but in deed and truth" 1 John 3:18

"In case some one of your brothers becomes poor among you in one of your cities, in your land that Jehovah your God is giving you, you must not harden your heart or be closefisted toward your poor brother. For you should generously open your hand to him and by all means lend him on pledge as much as he needs, which he is in want of... You should by all means give to him, and your heart should not be stingy in your giving to him, because on this account Jehovah your God will bless you in every deed of yours and in every undertaking of yours. For someone poor will never cease to be in the midst of the land. That is why I am commanding you, saying, 'You should generously open up your hand to your afflicted and poor brother in your land." Deuteronomy 15:7

"My brothers, what use is it for a man to say he has faith when he does nothing to show it? Can that faith save him? Suppose a brother or a sister is in rags with not enough food for the day, and one of you says, 'Good luck to you, keep yourselves warm, and have plenty to eat', but does nothing to supply their bodily needs, what is the good of that? So with faith; if it does not lead to action, it is in itself a lifeless thing." James 2:14

"One man gives freely, yet gains even more; another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty. A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed. " Proverbs 11:24

"If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him?" 1 John 3:17

"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it." Hebrews 13:2

So... especially considering the quote directly above... The peoples of Sodom, who treated guests with no hospitality came to ruin. This is in the bible, so clearly factual (according to Christians). Can it not also be said that the 4 people who threw up their arms to deny this man shelter came to ruin?

Christians should read the bible.

So... especially considering the quote directly above... The peoples of Sodom, who treated guests with no hospitality came to ruin. This is in the bible, so clearly factual (according to Christians). Can it not also be said that the 4 people who threw up their arms to deny this man shelter came to ruin?

Christians should read the bible.

I have always found it interesting how people "cut and paste " scripture to justify what they think "truth" is, especially biblicail truth. And how scripture is taken sooo out of context. We should have read the whole thing then you would have realized that the "Sodomites" are the "heathens" in this. They are not the Christians. And that Lot (christain) pleaded with them (Sodomites) not to have sex with his male guests.

The Sodomites then came to ruin.

Although a nice try :blink:

And your other quotes that talk about helping your "brother" is refering to helping your "christain brother"

Jesus said that it all comes down to this "Love God with your whole heart, soul, mind and love your nieghbor as yourself"

Now it is obvious that these kids were wanting to get to that point in thier life, thats why they were at a Christain school. No one really knows the whole situation but one thing for sure the facility did not belong to them, they were just students living there, they weren't in charge to say who or who could not stay there.

But any logical person who is not angry and bitter towards christain would agree that it did not deserve death. :blink:

That's a very interesting Christian viewpoint. In fact, it's the usual Christian viewpoint I find.

If someone is known to be a donating member of the church, help him.

If someone may or may not be a Christian, smack them in the face and {censored} on them.

You really need to reread the news article. The ones who took it apon themselves to deny this person help were staff, not students. Staff, cleaning up a Christmas party. A party.

I'm not going to debate theology here. If you think that Jesus would want you to treat people like the scum of the earth, by all means, do. Just don't bemoan the consequences.

That's a very interesting Christian viewpoint. In fact, it's the usual Christian viewpoint I find.

If someone is known to be a donating member of the church, help him.

If someone may or may not be a Christian, smack them in the face and {censored} on them.

You really need to reread the news article. The ones who took it apon themselves to deny this person help were staff, not students. Staff, cleaning up a Christmas party. A party.

I'm not going to debate theology here. If you think that Jesus would want you to treat people like the scum of the earth, by all means, do. Just don't bemoan the consequences.

Your are right, I did miss it was staff etc, so I guess you are also correct in your assumption he should have probably shot them all or at least not the students.

consequences you know

Why are you so angry at God ?

My point wasn't that shootings are a big deal.

My point wasn't that the people who got shot deserved to die.

My point was that maybe it isn't so unreasonable to think that folks who dedicate their life to the ideals of compassion should have some.

Did they have the right to deny him? Absolutely. Should they have? I would have. But I'm not a Christian, and I don't spend every waking second preaching Christianity to anyone who can't escape.

Someone asked these people for help, they wouldn't help him. That's the issue. Jesus would have, I have no doubt.

My point wasn't that shootings are a big deal.

My point wasn't that the people who got shot deserved to die.

My point was that maybe it isn't so unreasonable to think that folks who dedicate their life to the ideals of compassion should have some.

Did they have the right to deny him? Absolutely. Should they have? I would have. But I'm not a Christian, and I don't spend every waking second preaching Christianity to anyone who can't escape.

Someone asked these people for help, they wouldn't help him. That's the issue. Jesus would have, I have no doubt.

Maybe I'm coming in at a crazy tangent here...

But do you not think stuff like this would happen less if there was more control over guns?

I do ;)

I know some people say "guns don't kill people, people kill people". But if people have no guns, it's a little more tricky to kill someone.

Not to channel OryHara, but...

There is gun control, and there is gun control.

Some gun control is reasonable, some gun control isn't.

For instance. Felons probably shouldn't be able to legally obtain firearms. Psychos shouldn't be able to either. People who own guns should be ultimately responsible for their usage.

I think Great Britain has pretty serious gun control laws, but they still have a decent-sized murder rate. It all becomes murky.

If guns were illegal, only criminals would have them. That's one of the NRA's adages, and it's kinda true.

AMEN....opps I mean absolutely or right on :P

It seems that the last few shootings of this nature has been by guys with mental problems

I live in Omaha NE and as you know we went throught the Westroad Mall shootings. I would agree to what you said gw about keeping guns away from psychos. This guy had been on medication for his disorder but told his foster Mom it made him feel funny so no one really was on him to take his meds. And from what I know this guy has been on the edge for awhile. He even showed all his buddies and his step Mom an SKS a couple nights before the shooting......what the :(

What does seen a little odd to me was that Sunday (2 says before the shooting) in the World Hearld paper on the front page was a very detail and graphic story of Charles Starkweather. He was a guy that here in NE randomly shoot and killed 11 people. Now mind you this was 50 years ago. (Why we need to know about this as front page news still baffles me.)

I dont know, not that there hasnt been killing sprees in the past, but it sure seems like theres alot more frequent the last couple of years.... :wacko:

About the shootings: I feel very sorry for the families and friends of the victims, and I'm very curious to see what this man will get once he's caught.

About the religious portion of this thread: Thank God I'm an Atheist. :( (the comment is supposed to contradict itself if you didn't know)

The Federal Reserve got to the folks who run this board!

OryHara's facts and truth have dug to the very core of their conspiracy to defraud the american people!

No censorship!!!!!!!!!

You're doing well there, expect:

1. You forgot to tell us all we hate freedom.

2. You forgot to call us filth

3. You were a bit rational with what you said there - let yourself go a bit more ;)

That guy needed a break - for the benefit of his blood pressure and everyone's sanity here