asrock conroe945g-dvi, leo 10.5.1, efi

PhantOS

13 posts in this topic

hi !

no problem here : I used a patched 9A581 DVD then just did the startupfiletool thing !

everything is ok, just adding dsmos, natit, IONetworkingFamily from Zef and AppleSMBIOS from EFI (5.1) pack ... as would iPapy say : "Very simple !!"

my rig : Asrock 945-DVI, C2D 6300, 2Go DDR2-SDRAM 667, GeForce 7600 GT, several SATA HDs and one external MyBook Premium (used by TimeMachine like a charm) ...

reported as a MacPro by SystemInformation ! :P

Hi,

I have that 945G with a ToH 10.5.0

It was an easy and flawless install, but quite disappointing in result: losses in BT keyboard and mouse (still accessible by VNC, though), instability in apps (i.e. Eye TV, Sys Prefs, etc...), graphic artefacts, about this mac recognizes a CoreSolo even if Monitor recognizes a Core2Duo (6300)...

Now urgently looking for a 10.5.1 upgrade, maybe it'll help a bit. Or maybe going pc_EFI :wacko::P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey

I just recently purchased a conroe 1333 mobo, I've been trying to install for the last couple of days with no luck. So @mousse and twr, how did you guys install? See I've been trying to install with brazilmac/efi 8. Do I need to install pc efi 51 first and then upgrade to 8? Did you guys do guid or mbr? It would be really helpful to know these things. I've pretty much determined that I need to get pc efi 51, did you guys have success with 51? Also, what bios revision did you have? Thanks for posting!!

Greybaby

hey man, i have the same mobo (conroe 1333 d667) and that thing is making me really mad, if u have any luck, please tell me, u need to downgrade ur bios to version 1.3, i know this much, but so far the brazilmac installer says it has installed successfully, but it does not appear in the darwin bootloader

• 1 month later...

Hallo there,

Is anyone successfully with the 10.5.2 update?

Used Netkas instruction and tried on my main hack with a BadAxe and it worked, on my brother hack with the asrock it broke the install, the system was working nice with brazilmac patched DVD, EFI and Vanilla kext.

Do you have any suggestion how to recove from the Kernel panic?

Before update I have backup the extension folder.

ciao

Davide