Buy the New York vote in 2008!

A Nonny Moose

6 posts in this topic

New York University students participated in an honest, scientific survey recently. The results were shocking.

Survey says!

1. 20% of those surveyed would give up their vote in 2008 for an iPod touch.

2. 66% of those polled would give up their right to vote for a free ride to NYU.

3. 50% said they would give up their right to vote forever for just $1 million dollars.

So all we need to do is send New York residents iPod touches and Swad will be president!!!

...except that in America, the people technically have no say in the voting process anyways, I'd give up my right to vote for $1, it's not worth anything, unlike Canada, where there's no electoral college (I believe, don't flame me if that's not true anymore, haven't looked it up for ages.)

My point is that voting in America is so useless I'm suprised anyone does it.

Give me 1 mil or an iPod touch and I will not vote (based on the offers above, 1 mil forever, iPod touch for 1 election). Why? Because

A) This is the first presidential election I am old enough to vote in, I have never voted in one in the past, and

B) I would love $1 mil and consider my voice in a system where my vote doesn't count worth significantly less than that thus its a profit for me.