New AGPGart

Slice

941 posts in this topic

Let us continue testing!

Hey Slice,

It hangs at the same spot for me even using sh /etc/rc (control-c won't break out).

Dec 3 10:51:05 kextd[49]: a link/load error occured for kernel extension /SystemLibrary/Extensions/ATIRadeon.kext/Contents/MacOS/ATIRadeon
Dec 3 10:51:05 kextd[49]: a link/load error occured for kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeon.kext
VGA: familiy specific matching fails
VGA: familiy specific matching fails
AGP: GART is 32 bit only
AGP: Found an AGP 3.0 compliant device.
AGPATI configure init length 08000000
AGPATI: chipset is RS300
AGPATI: map mmio e8000000 to @2b2f1000
AGPATI: aperLength = 02000000 VRAM=00010000 MEM_CFG=08000000
AGPATI: apertrure [f0000000, 02000000]

So with leo 10.5.1, I can't boot and stay in single user mode (sh /etc/rc) I'm not sure how else to do it...

But it DOES give me an additional error line...

Gart 32 bit Only

It means you don't need AGPGart64 as all others here.

Same exact thing on tiger 4.11, and it can't boot using sh /etc/rc

This command will not boot. You may boot after the command by typing exit

It hangs at same thing...

AGP: Gart 32 Bit Only

AGP: hammerbus DevID=1100 VenID=1002

AGP: hammerbus DevID=1101 VenID=1002

AGP: hammerbus DevID=1102 VenID=1002

AGP: hammerbus DevID=1103 VenID=1002

AGP: hammerbus DevID=ffff VenID=ffff

This is OK! So I didn't find a mistake for you except previously find

gart-width=0x40 from your ioreg.

Where is your PCI bus trace?

Hey Slice,

It hangs at the same spot for me even using sh /etc/rc (control-c won't break out).

Dec 3 10:51:05 kextd[49]: a link/load error occured for kernel extension /SystemLibrary/Extensions/ATIRadeon.kext/Contents/MacOS/ATIRadeon
Dec 3 10:51:05 kextd[49]: a link/load error occured for kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeon.kext

This is not a driver for you. You need ATIRadeon9700.kext as you have DevID=0x4e50

Hi,

I have two boxes.

Both boots into GUI without Natit.

And what?

Sorry, I was too lazy to remove any kexts.
:)

EDITED: Sorry, I am wrong

2 CycloneFR

This is a new chance to correct a driver.

It would be better you zip large files to upload.

Wait!

With this Natit and 247i Tiger hangs on blue screen. Leopard stops at black screen but mouse cursor turns into "spinning beachball of death". With my old Natit Leopard as usual stops at black screen and system is running in the background. Also system log in Leopard shows aditional errors.

dmesgAivarz_Tiger.txt

dmesgAivarz_Leopard.txt

This is OK! So I didn't find a mistake for you except previously find

gart-width=0x40 from your ioreg.

Where is your PCI bus trace?

I can't get a PCI bus trace because it hangs and I can't break out.

I can't type anything...

Grrr.....

But it does the same thing on Tiger and Leo, so it's not necessarily a problem specific to Leo

And could the gart-width just be due to dual screens? Because the natit u posted is single screen only...

Hello everyone, I have a problem with my nvidia 6200 256mb bus agp. I installed 10.5.1 AMD SSE3. If use agpgart 2.3 and natit or titan, I empowering the CI and QE but pci bus, slow. If you use agpgart2.5 or agpgart64 enables the AGP bus but without QE and CI. In this case I have to put graphics aperure of bios to 256 mb, if no one sees the black screen. Strange but true. There attached file ioreg.txt with loaded kext agpgart64 .I hope that it can serve those who are curious and want to help me.

Hardware:

amd 3500+ venice

asus a8v-mx chipset Northbridge k8m800;SouthBridge:vt8251

Agp nvidia 6200 256 mb( noability QE & CI)

audio integrato realtek alc653(don't work)

1512 mb ddr400

hd maxtor 80 gb

hd1 sansung 15 gb

hd2 maxtor 200 gb

Linux Ubuntu 7.04 kernel 2.26.18

mac osx x86 10.4.10 kernel netkas sse3/kernel+applesmbios.kext

mac 1.5.1 AMD

ioreg.txt

This is not a driver for you. You need ATIRadeon9700.kext as you have DevID=0x4e50

Hey Slice,

The only way I could get it to boot with 247 was by removing ALL of the ATI kexts. Using the ATIRadeon9700.kext, it would stop at the same point, without the link errors. I was using IONDRVFramebuffer in ATIRadeon9700GA.

Here is the ioreg and dmesg... AGPGart 2.4.7 only, no ATI or Callisto.

Thanks!

ioregThorne.247.txt.zip

dmesgThorne.247.txt.zip

And just in case you are wondering, here's what the system sees for the Display:

Display:

Type:	Display
 Bus:	AGP
 VRAM (Total):	128 MB
 Vendor:	ATI (0x1002)
 Device ID:	0x4e50
 Revision ID:	0x0000
 Kernel Extension Info:	No Kext Loaded
 Displays:
Display:
 Resolution:	1024 x 768
 Depth:	32-bit Color
 Core Image:	Not Supported
 Main Display:	Yes
 Mirror:	Off
 Online:	Yes
 Quartz Extreme:	Not Supported

No new errors. I dunno what to do.For nVidia users:try to write into natit.info.plist follows

<key>entriesToAdd</key>			<dict>				<key>NVDA,gart-width</key>				<integer>32</integer>				<key>AAPL,gart-width</key>				<integer>32</integer>

For Radeon. I propose that neither AGP driver, nor Radeon driver set any value to Radeon register AGP_CTRL.I shall play with it and if find any result I shall propose some solution.I can't understand why AGPGart2.1 from TubGirl works for AMD. Probably it bases on another sources then I have.

Hey Slice,The only way I could get it to boot with 247 was by removing ALL of the ATI kexts. Using the ATIRadeon9700.kext, it would stop at the same point, without the link errors. I was using IONDRVFramebuffer in ATIRadeon9700GA.Here is the ioreg and dmesg... AGPGart 2.4.7 only, no ATI or Callisto.
And what I see in your dmesg
ACPI CPU Throttle loadedACPICPUThrottle: Adding CPU0ACPICPUThrottle: Failed with code -536870212ACPICPUThrottle: Adding CPU1ACPICPUThrottle: Failed with code -536870212ACPICPUThrottle: No valid CPUs returned by ACPI! It's possible your BIOS does not think your system should be throttled and therefore did not return any available power states, or maybe your CPU only supports one other power state than maximum which is below 1Ghz!

And nothing useful. Delete this kext :thumbsup_anim:

And just in case you are wondering, here's what the system sees for the Display:
Display:  Type:	Display  Bus:	AGP  VRAM (Total):	128 MB  Vendor:	ATI (0x1002)  Device ID:	0x4e50  Revision ID:	0x0000  Kernel Extension Info:	No Kext Loaded  Displays:Display:  Resolution:	1024 x 768  Depth:	32-bit Color  Core Image:	Not Supported  Main Display:	Yes  Mirror:	Off  Online:	Yes  Quartz Extreme:	Not Supported

If you booted without ATIRadeon9700 you see what you see.What about combination ATIRadeon9700 without AGPGart, Callisto?If you can't boot, that something wrong in your system. This driver have support for your 4e50.

Ok, so tried it in Leo with no Geforce (even the long named ones) or nv40 or nvdaresman and...VOILA it works!

But no QE/CI

see my xbench below

And I can't get a PCI trace on leo (exit boots me into GUI), i'll have to try it on tiger later tonight...

no Geforce - no QE/CI.

You have no PCI trace because no Geforce.

Install AGPGart and Geforce, boot with -v -s

/sbin/fsck -fy

/sbin/mount -uw /

sh /etc/rc

wait for a minute, then

dmesg >dmesg.txt

rm -r -v /E*/L*/S*/AGP*

reboot

NEXT

If you booted without ATIRadeon9700 you see what you see.What about combination ATIRadeon9700 without AGPGart, Callisto?If you can't boot, that something wrong in your system. This driver have support for your 4e50.

Will try that tonight and post results.

Will try that tonight and post results.

Hey Slice,

I can kextload ATIRadeon9700.kext using 2.4.6.

If I kextload ATIRdeon9700.kext using 2.4.7, it hangs at the same spot as my previous post.

AGPATI: aperture [f0000000, 02000000]

Do you help me????thanks

I am very sorry for you and Zarac. I have three problem to you

1. Complex VIA BUS. I have sources but it needs me a time to make those changes.

2. I dunno Leo

3. With your nVidia you have gart-width=0x40. It is not reliable for AGP that is the nVidia driver works always as PCIe.

May be second problem is not a problem. AGP driver is the same (try 2.4.7).

Third problem is not an AGPGart problem. It is a problem of Video Driver.

I am very sorry for you and Zarac. I have three problem to you

1. Complex VIA BUS. I have sources but it needs me a time to make those changes.

2. I dunno Leo

3. With your nVidia you have gart-width=0x40. It is not reliable for AGP that is the nVidia driver works always as PCIe.

May be second problem is not a problem. AGP driver is the same (try 2.4.7).

Third problem is not an AGPGart problem. It is a problem of Video Driver.

but how is it possible that AGPGart v2.1 works on tiger (with any nvidia driver - titan, natit, nvinject)?

it is not just cosmetical - it boosts graphics performace over 200% (according to xbench).

even without benchmark i can feel the difference, with agpgart loaded everything is much snappier.

wondering if my tiger could perform even better...

leo is another story, i never managed to get any AGPgart working :(

but how is it possible that AGPGart v2.1 works on tiger (with any nvidia driver - titan, natit, nvinject)?

it is not just cosmetical - it boosts graphics performace over 200% (according to xbench).

even without benchmark i can feel the difference, with agpgart loaded everything is much snappier.

wondering if my tiger could perform even better...

leo is another story, i never managed to get any AGPgart working :unsure:

Can you send me this working version of AGPGart 2.1?I shall try to dissasemble it to understand what is changed. I make 247 version for AMD the same as 2.1 version that I have. And it don't work?!

Thanks, for me 2.1 is working fine as well. My Radeon 9800 Pro is detected now:

ATI Radeon 9800 Pro:

Chipset Model:	ATY,R350
 Type:	Display
 Bus:	AGP
 VRAM (Total):	128 MB
 Vendor:	ATI (0x1002)
 Device ID:	0x4e48
 Revision ID:	0x0000
 Displays:
Display:
 Resolution:	1024 x 768