New AGPGart

Slice

941 posts in this topic

@Slice

Does AGP support ATI RX300 se-265hm PCI-Experss --- 0x5B601002

my Leopard can handle my chipset withOUT QE/CI support

Sorry i'm newbie on mac, can i pach it ??? How ??

5b601002 directly full supported by any version of MacOSX. So simply delete AGPGart, AppleI386PCI or any other AGP driver as you have PCIexpress. Your drivers are ATIRadeon9700*.*

same result with AGPGART64 as 246 : xbench OPENGL=149, UI=37here is the ioregsame result with AGPGART64 as 246 : xbench OPENGL=149, UI=37here is the ioreg

Thank you cyclonefr for the try. Now I know that AGPGart64 have no new mistake. As you know from our discussion :D at x86dev that's :censored2: for Intel. Thinking about principically new driver. v3.0

Where is kramer2k? He can get working driver for leo.

hey Slice

I have a problem with yours AGPGart.kext. I've tested your kext with natit, nvinject - black screen with cursor and natit from this topic - blue screen without cursor.

My configuration

MB: Intel D845PESV

VideoCard: nvidia 6600

my ioreg http://rapidshare.com/files/71732907/ioreg.zip.html

Also it says while botting "AGP: not supported 244e"

I used latest version of kext.

If you need more info PM me where can I find for real time chatting.

Я в irc чате после 18:00 по Московскому времени под ником Graff

Worked fine for the PCI -> AGI bridge on my HP Pavilion zx5280. However, if I add Callisto, it will not boot to the user interface (not even a blue screen). Without Callisto (b.005) installed, it will boot into the user interface, and uses the ATI 9700 kext - but no CI and QE support, and I can't change the resolution.

Once again.

No AGP video work in MACOSX86 because of all video drivers Radeon and nVidia works as PCI. :censored2:

Nontheless I have a hope :P

EDITED: I am wrong! It works but many related problems.

NEXT

I installed the latest version 2.4.6, after reboot, my Tiger can not enter into desktop, the screen was flashing, then I change the 060400 to 0604 or CC_060400 (my xp told me) then I reinstalled it again, I can enter into the desktop, but it seems it did not do any affect, my graphic card still shows PCI.

Jas 10.4.8 on Dell D600, a Radeon 9000 was installed.

the ioreg.txt was captured after I changed the string. hope it helps.

ioreg.txt

Worked fine for the PCI -> AGI bridge on my HP Pavilion zx5280. However, if I add Callisto, it will not boot to the user interface (not even a blue screen). Without Callisto (b.005) installed, it will boot into the user interface, and uses the ATI 9700 kext - but no CI and QE support, and I can't change the resolution.

Yes, I have observations that AGPGart is not compatible with Callisto. Dunno why. You can't change resolution because the ATI9700 do not. It is Callisto for this operation. About QE/CI support - the current problem for all AGP Radeon9xxx.

I installed the latest version 2.4.6, after reboot, my Tiger can not enter into desktop, the screen was flashing, then I change the 060400 to 0604 or CC_060400 (my xp told me) then I reinstalled it again, I can enter into the desktop, but it seems it did not do any affect, my graphic card still shows PCI.

Jas 10.4.8 on Dell D600, a Radeon 9000 was installed.

the ioreg.txt was captured after I changed the string. hope it helps.

Slice, can you help me?

You both have Intel845 and AGPGart is still not working for it. I try to resolve the problem.

"AGP: not supported 244e"

This is another bus with the same class. Not a problem!

Hi, I've tried to use your AGPGart.kext (last version) with Leopard.

I get the usual black screen with the mouse.

When I boot -s, I can see the following messge:

AGP: Not supported 257b
AGP: Not supported 244e
AGP: Found Intel 82875P host to AGP bridge
AGPgart: start
AGPgart: BridgeMemoryRange[f0000000, f2ffffff]

and then it freezes...

I hope this information can be usefull

I'm using an GeForce 7600GT 256Mb AGP

My mainboard is an ABIT IC7-G

My CPU is a P4 Presscot 3GHz

i tried all versions of AGPGart and all combinations with your edited Natit, but no go.

the same thing happens both in tiger and in leopard - black screen with two mouse pointers (only one when i try AGPGart64 in leo).

is there a way of getting an ioreg if it doesn't boot? (can i put it in the startup sequence somewhere?)

slice, what should i send you to help?

Once again.

No AGP video work in MACOSX86 because of all video drivers Radeon and nVidia works as PCI. :)

Nontheless I have a hope ;)

EDITED: I am wrong! It works but many related problems.

So - are the problems fixable? Will the mobility 9600 (4e50) ever work in full AGP acceleration mode? Can I send you any log files to help?

Hi, I've tried to use your AGPGart.kext (last version) with Leopard.I get the usual black screen with the mouse.When I boot -s, I can see the following messge:I'm using an GeForce 7600GT 256Mb AGPMy mainboard is an ABIT IC7-G My CPU is a P4 Presscot 3GHz

As you first time reporting, try the follow.

Install AGPGart64. Repair permissions

boot with -s -v

/sbin/fsck -fy

/sbin/mount -uw

/sh /etc/rc

wait for stop messages and type Ctrl-c then

ioreg -l -x -w 2048 >ioregJavier.txt

dmesg >dmesgJavier.txt

rm -r -v /S*/L*/E*/AGP*

reboot

And send me the files zipped.

You saw "not supported" - it is not a problem, it is other devices needed no agpdriver.

i tried all versions of AGPGart and all combinations with your edited Natit, but no go.the same thing happens both in tiger and in leopard - black screen with two mouse pointers (only one when i try AGPGart64 in leo).is there a way of getting an ioreg if it doesn't boot? (can i put it in the startup sequence somewhere?)slice, what should i send you to help?
I already have your ioreg. I must explain. ioreg is an information about your hardware configuration. I need it once from every user who want to have working driver. You have quite strange buses configuration 4 CPU-to-PCI bridges and 6 VIA bridges so why the existing versions is not work even in tiger. I need a time to rewrite an AGPGart specially for you. Wait please
So - are the problems fixable? Will the mobility 9600 (4e50) ever work in full AGP acceleration mode? Can I send you any log files to help?
Send me ioreg and dmesg as in previous post.
:)
Подтверждаю

NEXT

Here are some logs:

Thank you for details. It is very interesting for me to work with you as you have the same AGP bus as my.

I think I can get from you many useful informations for us.

Wait 2 days please. I prepare test version of AGPGart to investigate what is happen. I think with your tests we would be successful.

I have strange problem. The success of my Radeon depends on rain at the street. That means there is some uninitialized variable in the RS300 chip. Can you search some technical information about this chip? Or good working Linux driver?

For those who have Intel845. I found an mistake

Existing driver

/*

* Config offsets for Intel i820/i840/i845/i850/i860/i865 AGP chipsets.

*/

#define AGP_INTEL_MCHCFG 0x50

#define AGP_INTEL_I820_RDCR 0x51

#define AGP_INTEL_I845_MCHCFG 0x51

#define AGP_INTEL_I8XX_ERRSTS 0xc8

Intel documentations

35–50h — Intel Reserved — —

51h AGPM AGP Miscellaneous Configuration 00h R/W

C6–C7h GMCHCFG GMCH/MCH Configuration 0C01h RWO, RO,

R/W

C8–C9h ERRSTS Error Status 0000h R/WC

CA–CBh ERRCMD Error Command 0000h RO, R/W

Now I collect all mistakes to make new version for all.Don't hurry! Wait please :thumbsdown_anim:

Thanks for your efforts Slice its really appreciated! I have a VIA K8T800 Pro controller and it doesnt seem to show up at all during boot so the AGPGart probably doesnt detect my AGP controller and thus never initializes it. Im inserting a link to my IOReg dump and hopefully you can make out some information from it :wacko:

http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/~eddie/ioreg.zip

Let us continue testing!

I correct a set of tiny mistakes and need informations how it works.

If you can successfully boot report about speed with and without AGPGart.

If you can't boot with AGPGart do the follows:

I want you temporary disable all extensions with large output such as

sound driver, Natit, ATIinject, APCIThrottle and so on

boot as -v -s

/sbin/fsck -fy

/sbin/mount -uw /

sh /etc/rc

wait and press ctrl-c

dmesg >dmesgNICK.txt

rm -r -v /S*/L*/E*/AGP*

reboot

And send me that dmesg. It must contain new information about your hardware.

The problems are still unresolved:

1. I dunno Leo

2. I can't fight yet with gart-width=64. May be this test show how.

3. With my Radeon9000 I have scroll issue. Who else?

NEXT

So with leo 10.5.1, I can't boot and stay in single user mode (sh /etc/rc) I'm not sure how else to do it...

But it DOES give me an additional error line...

Gart 32 bit Only

Same exact thing on tiger 4.11, and it can't boot using sh /etc/rc

It hangs at same thing...

AGP: Gart 32 Bit Only

AGP: hammerbus DevID=1100 VenID=1002

AGP: hammerbus DevID=1101 VenID=1002

AGP: hammerbus DevID=1102 VenID=1002

AGP: hammerbus DevID=1103 VenID=1002

AGP: hammerbus DevID=ffff VenID=ffff

Tiger 10.4.11 hangs on blue screen with 247. Leopard 10.5.1 stops @ black screen with mouse cursor. I can move cursor and system is running in the background, screen saver starts (still black screen), but exits after few seconds. I don't know how to start Leopard in single user, /etc/rc is gone, so dmesg is from Tiger. Sorry, I was too lazy to remove any kexts.

dmesgAivarz.txt