New AGPGart

Slice

941 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any way I can get agp recognized in my hackintosh?

I've managed to get my nVidia 7600GS 256mb AGP to have CI and QE support but it recognizes the card as PCI in the system profile,I am suffering from some display related lags,for example page scrolling and youtube video lags.

I've tried replacing the latest AGPGart.kext and IOPCIFamily.kext in this thread with my original ones,but the IOPCIFamily made me had an error during boot "failed to load com.apple.driver.APPLEACPIPCI" I replaced the original one and it booted fine again.

I simply want a yes or no answer to whether I can get my system to have full CI/QE with AGP.

My system specs:

Intel Celeron D 2.93GHz

SIS chipset in mobo

nVidia 7600GS 256mb AGP

Installed on Leopard 10.5.6 with 9.6.0 Voodoo kernel

(others do not matter I guess)

If I could get it on,please give me some instructions for it,please,much help is appreciated!

is there any AGPGart driver for my sis mirage 3? :unsure:

I looking for the same. There is any driver to work on SiS chipsets with Intel processor?

Is there any way I can get agp recognized in my hackintosh?

SIS chipset in mobo

Sorry for all. SIS chipset for Intel processor is out of my driver. Try HackintoshAGP by EmersonFX.

help I got this

bash-3.2# rm /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

rm: /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache: No such file or directory

what I do wrong???

This command is for Tiger. For Leopard is not needed. Relax!

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Radeon-9200-Rage-128, with QE/CI not enabled. I can do this graphics work (QE/CI))?

Tipo: Monitor

Barramento: AGP

VRAM (Total): 64 MB

Fornecedor: ATI (0x1002)

ID do Dispositivo: 0x5964

ID da Revisão: 0x0001

Informação de Extensão do Kernel: Nenhuma Ext. de Kernel Carregada

Monitores:

Monitor Desconhecido:

Resolução: 1024 x 768

Profundidade: Cor de 32 bits

Core Image: Software

Monitor Principal: Sim

Espelho: Desligado

On-line: Sim

Quartz Extreme: Não Compatível

Archives.zip

I have a Radeon-9200-Rage-128, with QE/CI not enabled. I can do this graphics work (QE/CI))?

Only in Tiger. But with problems too.

Only in Tiger. But with problems too.

Thanks...

I was really tested in Tiger, and some (many) artifacts were on display.

Is there any other possibility than AGPGart?

Thank you very much

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Slice,

I'm writing from Argentina. I have a VIA VN896 chipset with VIA Chrome9 HC IGP onboard on my laptop.

I have installed succesfully an iPC 10.5.6, running very well (on VESA mode! :thumbsup_anim: )

I tried to use AGPgart 2.7.1 which is being included on the iPC dvd, along with the IOPCFamily.

Booting in "-v" mode, it shows "AGP Create nub for..." and then there is a Still waiting for root drama. I've just reinstalled iPC without AGPGart and IOPCIFamily.

I read on your AGP FAQ that "Without graphics driver AGPGart has no sense", and my question is: Until anybody writes a driver for Hackintoshes for this VIA Chrome9 HC IGP, there will be no solution? I've just have to use the VESA mode?

Many thanks for your time Man, great job! :thumbsup_anim:

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Slice,

I'm writing from Argentina. I have a VIA VN896 chipset with VIA Chrome9 HC IGP onboard on my laptop.

I have installed succesfully an iPC 10.5.6, running very well (on VESA mode! ;) )

I tried to use AGPgart 2.7.1 which is being included on the iPC dvd, along with the IOPCFamily.

Booting in "-v" mode, it shows "AGP Create nub for..." and then there is a Still waiting for root drama. I've just reinstalled iPC without AGPGart and IOPCIFamily.

I read on your AGP FAQ that "Without graphics driver AGPGart has no sense", and my question is: Until anybody writes a driver for Hackintoshes for this VIA Chrome9 HC IGP, there will be no solution? I've just have to use the VESA mode?

Many thanks for your time Man, great job! :boxing:

Yes, there will be no solution. Use the VESA mode.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Just updated a machine to ideneb 10.5.6 and if I use AGPgart to get my X1650 AGP card to work it freezes on bootup using -x -v I get the message:

AGP: Found VIA VT83xx/VT87xx/KTxxx/Px8xx host to PCI bridge

AGP create nub for AGP Card=71c71002 bus= cap=88

If I dont use AGPgart it works fine just cannot use anything other then basic 1024x768.

Is there anything I can do to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance

• 1 month later...

I am trying to use AGPGart 2.7.1 with a GeForce 7800 GS 256MB AGP card (0x00f510de) on an Intel 82845G AGP bus. Without the AGPGart.kext installed, I have QE/CI enabled, but it is very sluggish. When I install AGPGart.kext I get black and white bars with artifacts. Anyone know how to fix this issue?

The image below is my screen after installing AGPGart.kext version 2.7.1

IMG_0014.JPG

The image below is a closer look at the image

IMG_0015.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone tried to compile and use the AGPGart kext in Snow Leopard?

Any success trying to use a DSDT patch?

Does AGPGart even show up when compiling a DSDT patch and if so does it seem to be correct or is it possible to correct something?

Someone should at least try DSDT patch and/or Snow Leopard, sadly I don't have anything to try it on anymore.

• 3 weeks later...

@Slice

I am inspired by your patience and persistence. You take it to a whole new level.

Thank you!

Installed iDeneb 1.3 10.5.5 with no video drivers.

(Video worked 1024x768, no flags.)

I've got an ATI Radeon 9200 AGP 256MB and tried using your AGPGart 2.7.1

and IOPCIFamily.kext 2.4.4 (I believe I tried version 2.5.4 of this as well)

The computer boots up with in 1024x768, no flags, same as before.

I'll attach my files and device/vendor...

No worries if you don't have time to look at this... I will probably try Tiger 10.4.8 if this doesn't work.

Thanks again!

dmesg_and_ioreg.zip

post-239074-1253808192_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...

That's what it does on SL (If you change IOPCIFamily-Version to 2.6 in Info.plist).

Maybe that's just caused by NVDAResman or the qoopz-kernel, as I could not find out what the driver does after createAGPSpace, that's the last thing that finishes.

post-506897-1255770915_thumb.jpg

First of all, great work!

For my issue:

I have a Geforce 6600GT AGP 128MB (64mb aperture), P4P800se, Intel P4 (non HT, SSE2)

I have NVinject 2.1

I downloaded both AGPArt 2.7.1 and IOPCIFamily 2.6.1 + fixed permissions...all the good stuff.

I read the FAQ as i have the black screen/mouse problem. So im trying the different adressen. But since 2.7.0, AGP_Base is now in /Resources/info.plist and the one mentioned in the FAQ has HOST_Base.

Which one should i edit? Or should i switch driver?

Searching forum isnt helping since 9/10 posts about 6600gt are from 2007/2008

Thanks in advance

Intel P4 2,53GHz (non HT, SSE2)

ASUS P4P800SE

1GB RAM

XFX Geforce 6600 GT 128MB AGP

iAktos v7 OSX 10.5.7

• 2 weeks later...

Okay... Here is a wierd issue (with Radeon 3850 AGP (512mb), Dev-id 9515).

When i set the AGP aperture in the BIOS to either 64 or 128 AGPGart crashes.

If i lower my AGP aperture to 32mb AGPGart loads fine but NO hardware acc. or QuartzExtreme.

What can/should i change to get AGPGart working with the prefered aperture ?

Thanks in advance,

Tony

PS: Included are the log files for the lower (non-crashing) aperture (32mb).

dmesg12345.txt

ioreg12345.txt

I'm having trouble booting with AGPGart 2.7.1, it alwas freezes on AGPVIA version 3AGPVIA get aperture...

Aperture size in bios is set to 32MB, but I also tried 64 an 128.

I'm using ATI Radeon HD pkg installers 10.5.x for my ATI Radeon HD 3650 512MB (ID 9596).

Any hints?

I'm having trouble booting with AGPGart 2.7.1, it alwas freezes on AGPVIA version 3AGPVIA get aperture...

Aperture size in bios is set to 32MB, but I also tried 64 an 128.

I'm using ATI Radeon HD pkg installers 10.5.x for my ATI Radeon HD 3650 512MB (ID 9596).

Any hints?

I also didnt succeed using the ATI Radeon HD Installer with AGPArt (Radeon 3850 512mb id:9515).

With the older Natit.kext and AGPGart 2.71, the card works (when setting the Arpeture at 32MB ONLY!!).

I did change the HOST_Base to 0xe80000, and this leaves me with a blue screen as i set the aperture to 64 or 128mb).

So far no QE/CL for me :).. but if anytone (Slice!!! we need you ;) please put down some tips).

Cheers,

Tony

• 1 month later...
Hi,

Has anyone a copy of HackintoshAGP or SiSAGP sources ?

With the end of geocities I lost my own source code.

I'm willing to come back to hackintosh scene (now I have a Intel 865G system)

someone might remember me from osx86dev forum (I was emersonfxbx user there)

Hi,

You should try and contact Slice on this forum, he might have the sources. Also he created an own AGPGart based on joblos source, maybe you can work together with him to complete that project?

• 3 weeks later...