Calling all NForce6 users!

nforcemac

83 posts in this topic

hi guys, newbie incoming here :(

i've just finished installing tiger 10.4.6 on my system, its running fine but graphics only got vesa 2.0 support, couldn't get my onboard NIC and my aetheros 802.11b/g to work, so does the sound. installed using jas DVD with all the AMD patch selected(not SSE3 though). reading trough the post havent find anyone with nforce 630a using full onboard like me, so no reference on how to get it to work flawlesly.can anyone help me?

(sorry guys, apparently i havent dug deep enough, found some clue, but not the onboard Graphic...Help? back to diggin again)

• 2 weeks later...

i just re-read the entire thread and i am impressed at the development of osx x86 running under an nforce 6 chipset! anyhow, i have a couple of questions that i need clearing... given that leopard is here with us...

- does SATA HDD work?

- does SATA Optical drive work?

- what other components that are not working?

- i have downloaded the MacDaveNF6Installer.DMG... does it work with leopard? or is it for tiger only?

thank you in advanced and merry Christmas! :P

i just re-read the entire thread and i am impressed at the development of osx x86 running under an nforce 6 chipset! anyhow, i have a couple of questions that i need clearing... given that leopard is here with us...

- does SATA HDD work?

- does SATA Optical drive work?

- what other components that are not working?

- i have downloaded the MacDaveNF6Installer.DMG... does it work with leopard? or is it for tiger only?

thank you in advanced and merry Christmas! :(

-SATA won"t work during installation, but you can enable it later by the new nforceata kext,

or can make a patch for dvd to work, don't know if this work :) no one try yet

- all other components have developed drivers and are all confirmed to work at least!!

- macdavenf6 only work for tiger, no use for leopard

:P offtopic Question: can 680i benefit from pcefi???

Hi! I have NF 650i SLI chilset!

My network controller does not work under OSX.

Have you found drivers for it?

And did dual-monitor will work on my 8600GT ?

Oko

*ABIT S775 NF650I SLI

*MSI GeForce 8600 GT PCI-E 256MB OVERCLOCKED

*Intel Q6600 CORE2 QUAD 2.4GHZ S775

*RAM KINGMAX 2048 mb DDR2 - 800 MHz running @ 667; CORSAIR 1024 mb 667 MHz CL5 (total 3GB of RAM running @ 667 MHz)

*HDD

1. 200 GB IDE

2. 350 GB SATA

3. 400 GB SATA

4. 80 GB IDE

* Floppy 1.4 MB 3½'' (i realy need it :( )

* USB 2.0

* LAN nForce Networking Controller

* Fire Wire 400 on PCI slot

• 4 weeks later...

with kernel 8.8.1, I can't play most of the games and I notice my desktop performance wasn't smooth as kernel 8.9.1. and with Kernel 8.9.1 I can play all my 3d games that I can't play with the 8.8.1 kernel. I plan to get a new motherboard see if that help.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi everyone!I finally succeded in installing Mac OS X on my PC.I used Leo4ALL v3, and my system is based on nforce 560, with a dual core AMD, and a Radeon HD2600XT.The funny fact is that I used for my install a DVD Sata drive, and a IDE 13GB Seagate drive, dating back from 1998.Everything installed ok, but I have to take out my keyb, and plug it back again, but I guess this can be resolved with a new kext for the PS2 controller.My problem is with the LAN, because my internet provider uses the PPPoE connection and the LAN connection.When I set my Connection on automatically-"assigned by DHCP" it says- "No IP adress", and when I use the IP from XP it connects, but the PPPoE connection fails to connect.I think the problem is from a bad kext, and if you could help me with a good kext, or some advice..

Thank you in advance, and sorry for my bad english.