Leopard @ Dell Inspiron 6400 (same as E1505) success...

DerFlash

70 posts in this topic

hello guys, i am currently using a dell inspiron 6400 with ati x1400.. i cant make QE and CI work using the method of adding the device id in the atiradeonx1000.kext.. i dont know what to do anymore.. i know it is pretty easy but still i cant make it to work.. CI = software under system profiler.. can someone send me their atiradeonx1000.kext instead so that i can tell whether it is the computer or just the kext... ive tried reinstalling several times.. my email is xtian088@yahoo.com

tia!

did any1 send u their kext file? here is mine, it only supports QE. replace the one u have with this one, then repair permisions, and restart. u will get a message after few secs that it cant be used. thats why u have to repair permisions. it might tike a couple of mins to repair the permisions

ATIRadeonX1000.kext.zip

All,

Anyone have any luck getting the S-video or component output to work on a E1505? I can't seem to get any output. I am using the defalt drivers that came with kalyway 10.5.1.

It also seems I do not have headphone sound as well.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

KS

Hey, just wanted to share, cuz I wasted lots of time serching through the forums to make my Dell E1505, or E6400 work nice with iATKOS v1.0iR2.

Ok, video, (I have ATI X1300), to get QE support (so to get all cool effects, and use progs like dvd player and frontrow), I did following

"sudo nano /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX1000.kext/Contents/Info.plist,

edit it by adding Dev ID of your card (7149 for X1300)

Search for:
<key>IOPCIMatch</key>
<string>0x71461002 0x71421002 0x71091002 … </string>

Change to:
<key>IOPCIMatch</key>
<string>0x71491002</string>

3) Fix permissions and clear kext cache
(make shure to clear cache, otherwise it would not work)

4) Reboot"

I got mouse tearing after that , so mouse locator solution worked for me, maybe there is a better sollution, (like using better .kext, but Ihaven't found one yet.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...epose&st=40

Broadcom 440x, was right in a package, so I didn't have to bother with IONetworking.kext

There is no solution so far, for Intel Pro Wireless 3495g, the one from iwi, results in kernel panic.

Sound, I used Tarugas patcher 1.20 and STAC9200-i, but don't have mute and auto switch from speakers to headphones, any help there, please?

Oh, yeah, had to use cpus=1, as some guys explained to me, it due to lame bios on this model, so have to go with one core, until i buy MacBook Pro :censored2:

I have dual boot, using Acronis Os selector. And full NTFS support thanks to MacFuse, and NTF-3G

If someone would help me with audio?

• 1 month later...

I've installed iATKOS 1.0r2 on a DELL Inspiron 6400 (E1505) with EFI+vanilla kernel+bmc440x driver on an external USB drive. Used cpus=1 to disable one core. Installation showed no problem. After booting the installed system it hangs after reporting an "IOKitWaitQuiet: ...". :( When booting with -x the system boots to desktop but in this state I cannot add sound and graphics patches (after every reboot it has no sound and uses vesa driver). Any suggestions? Maybe its related to the installation on the USB drive?

• 1 month later...

So let me get this straight because I have a Jan 07 model E1505 w/ Dell Draft N, 80gb 7200, Sigmatel High Defintion Audio, 2gb 667 Ram, ATI x1300.

So you can only use one core because using 2 doesn't work? So doesn't that mean the performance would be far less than running windows?

Also what do you do about updating the software? I mean after you have it installed and running can you update from apple online or?

• 2 weeks later...

I know this may sound as a Lame question.

Can someone post a step by step tutorial on how to configure Intel 950 (or is it 945) on E1505 for DVD video to work?

I used Kalyway 10.5.2

I'm stuck at 1024x768. Tried to boot with parameters Graphic Modes without luck (sometimes just restarting endlessly, other ignoring it and doing 1024x768)

Have in mind that it took me 3 hours to realize that taruga's patcher must be used dragging the txt before you open the app. So please explain step by step as easy as you can.

Please!!

I plan using Final Cut, does someone has it working on this machine?

So let me get this straight because I have a Jan 07 model E1505 w/ Dell Draft N, 80gb 7200, Sigmatel High Defintion Audio, 2gb 667 Ram, ATI x1300.

So you can only use one core because using 2 doesn't work? So doesn't that mean the performance would be far less than running windows?

Also what do you do about updating the software? I mean after you have it installed and running can you update from apple online or?

Can someone make a full DVD of Leopard for us 6400 users so we can simply install it and make the necessary tweaks, without having to find all the right files?

I would donate 5-10 if someone can ship one to me.

My system specs are:

Core Duo T2250 1.73GHz

2GB Ram

ATI Radeon x1300

Broadcom 440x/10/100

Intel PRO Wireless 3945ABG Network

Monitor Resolution of 1440x900 Native

Dell Bluetooth 355 v2.0+EDR

SigmaTEL High Definition Audio

--James

Hi I have installed Iatkos 1.0 on my 6400 and I have only 1 problem. Everyone says the 1500 wireless works out of the box, well, it didnt for me!!!! what do I have to do? I just replaced my 4965 with it because thats what I saw people said to get and now come to find this doesnt work. Any suggestions out there? please?

Umm, why not just follow some of the instructions in this guide. A lot of it is straightforward.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=15474

Also there's a post-installer for Inspiron laptops with a lot of drivers and stuff on it floating around here somewhere, I just forget where.

there it says that Intel gm950 works out of the box from Jas or Uphuck. Considering that I already installed Kalyway I'd like to know how to get that video display to go beyond 1024x768 and be able to play dvd and video.

That's the only thing which I havent get working.

If you can help me I'd be realy grateful.

• 5 weeks later...

yes kalyway made everything on my 6400 work also, i am having the dual core problem as everyone so i just disable it from the bios and my touchpad scrolling dont work, which is what am trying to work on, its very annoying that it does.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi

i have inspiron 6400

core 2 1.7 T2080 2core wok fine

4 ram intel gma950

i just installed Iatkos 10.5.5 and in option for install i checked default and 1.PS/2 2.VooDoo Kernel 3. Intel Speed STep a

every thing for me until now is working fine ... nice speed with 2core working......for sound i choose applehda but mute and injecting not work.

it's really cool.... it's just sound if this one get work too it's a complete MAC

• 1 year later...
hi

i have inspiron 6400

core 2 1.7 T2080 2core wok fine

4 ram intel gma950

i just installed Iatkos 10.5.5 and in option for install i checked default and 1.PS/2 2.VooDoo Kernel 3. Intel Speed STep a

every thing for me until now is working fine ... nice speed with 2core working......for sound i choose applehda but mute and injecting not work.

it's really cool.... it's just sound if this one get work too it's a complete MAC

• 5 months later...