Full iTunes UI still coming....

steve22

17 posts in this topic

I think that Leopard will have a complete iTunes look when it's released. Why? Because the screenshots are dated. Look at the iCal icon. It's showing "17". Apple posted those screenshots on the 16th so they took those screenshots on the 17th of September (and Leopard wasn't declared GM until 3 weeks later). On the Guided Tour video, the iCal icon was showing "27". Leopard wasn't declared GM until 2 weeks later so they still could have changed the UI 2 weeks later. I have a feeling there is one more secret feature they're not showing us.

~Matt

Who really cares about the iTunes scrollbars? I mean, will it make that much of a difference? I mean, look at the traffic light upgrade. Do you really think a software developer would alter any part of their program/product based on that? The difference between an aqua scrollbar or a flat one? Dream on...

Anyone tried setting a .qtz as a desktop picture?

I am using QCDesktop right now and the current version runs fine with Leopard build 9a559.

I used to use Quartz Desktop 1.0.1. That still displays .qtz compositions on the desktop OK with 9a559. But I am no longer able to set its preferences (e.g. max frame rate). So I dumped it in favour of QCDesktop.

I seriously think apple is going to stick with aqua a little while longer, or make it an option in the Appearance prefs. Aqua was a huge part of Mac OS X when it was first introduced. I doubt it will be scrapped for an iTunes-esque interface.

I seriously doubt that Apple would make their Leopard Guide video with a build that looks visually different from the GM. The video has aqua scrollbars and newer traffic lights in normal applications, but old traffic lights and dark scrollbars in iTunes. I imagine the traffic lights will be fixed soon, though.