WWDC 08

mr.manatane

15 posts in this topic

You have to think about this though, Steve Jobs announced the name of 10.5 Leopard at WWDC 2005 in 'June of 2005, just 3 months after Tiger was released.

I personally would recommend he not announce 10.6 at WWDC 2008 though. Focus on getting Developers pushing apps for 10.5, new technologies like XCODE 3.0, how many persons are on Leopard so far, iPhone SDK and how to get your apps ready for it and just more info on Leopard. OS X is such a mature platform, the rush for new releases is not vital as it use to be during the OS 9 to X transition with 10.0 to 10.2 releases.

The fact Leopard was delayed a few times should make the Company hesitant to start the frenzy all over again with 10.6.

He'll probably talk about the name, although I distinctly remember knowing "Leopard" before WWDC05. He'll spend the whole time demo-ing Leo features we've already seen a million times. Personally, I liked 06/07 much more than 05.

Lynx? Maybe.

I'm sure the next WWDC will focus on new Mac Pros and/or more/newer models.

There was a rumor about possible tablets...

iPhone's will recieve an update after the Christmas season (price drop, and new features (to compete with Verizon's upcoming Voyager))

He'll probably talk about the name, although I distinctly remember knowing "Leopard" before WWDC05. He'll spend the whole time demo-ing Leo features we've already seen a million times. Personally, I liked 06/07 much more than 05.

Lynx? Maybe.

You might be aware because it was one of the names thrown out there as a possibility for Leopard prior to WWDC 2005 announcement. But nobody really never knew if it would be or not, others were recommending Ocelot and Lion like they always do.

Possibilities for 10.6:

Lion

Cougar

Lynx

Apple would never use Lion, too out there, bland and obvious. In addition to that, Cougar and Lynx have been trademarked by the Company, so we have a pretty good idea of whats next for the future of OS X when it comes to code names.

I am betting on Mac OS X Cougar 10.6

So far we've had:

Cheetah

Puma

Jaguar

Panther

Tiger

Leopard

Possibilities for 10.6:

Lion

Cougar

Lynx

Less likely:

Serval

Bobcat

Ocelot

Caracal

Margay

Jaguarundi

Kodkod

I think that it will most definetely be Lion. Cougar and Lynx are not that better of Leopard.

• 7 months later...
What about Snow Leopard :blink:
Did you know something or was it a pure guess? :P Don't answer the question. Impressed! Oh my my. ;) I expect Snow Leopard to be the greatest threat yet to all Hackintoshes. But I also believe that we will survive. :P