iPod Classic UI for 5g Video Ipod

madhur

13 posts in this topic

It won't work for me. Everytime I write the firmware and disconnect and all that, it starts up with a grey picture of the cord. I press a bunch of buttons, nothing. Any ideas?It won't work for me. Everytime I write the firmware and disconnect and all that, it starts up with a grey picture of the cord. I press a bunch of buttons, nothing. Any ideas?

1 So basically you can't install this if you don't have Windows, right?

2 It won't work for me. Everytime I write the firmware and disconnect and all that, it starts up with a grey picture of the cord. I press a bunch of buttons, nothing. Any ideas?It won't work for me. Everytime I write the firmware and disconnect and all that, it starts up with a grey picture of the cord. I press a bunch of buttons, nothing. Any ideas?

1 - Everyone on a Mac please use this software called Altar Pod. It works like a charm. Please do this only in tiger, I thought this was obvious.

2 - Are you doing this from Windows? Because I do not have much experience with Ipod Wizard, I can help you if are using altarpod. Try it out!!

isn't it kind of a very useless, borderline stupid hack? most iPod users don't spend too much time in the UI, anyway. they want the quickest way to their playlist, track or video and then enjoy the playlist, track or video. installing a hack that slows down the UI and still doesn't deliver the actual features of the new UI seems rather pointless to me. if this was about _actually_ installing the classic's firmware, things might look a little different. but even then: the current 5/5.5G interface is very clean and works wonderfully. installing this hack can, basically, only make it worse.

isn't it kind of a very useless, borderline stupid hack? most iPod users don't spend too much time in the UI, anyway. they want the quickest way to their playlist, track or video and then enjoy the playlist, track or video. installing a hack that slows down the UI and still doesn't deliver the actual features of the new UI seems rather pointless to me. if this was about _actually_ installing the classic's firmware, things might look a little different. but even then: the current 5/5.5G interface is very clean and works wonderfully. installing this hack can, basically, only make it worse.

it seems just as speedy to me. And sense i'm always in the interface sense i do dj when i'm riding around in the car it kinda nice to see what my ipod started playing while i keep browsing for a different track.