OSX and Ndiswrapper

leon321

11 posts in this topic

Going through a lot of posts, I did not find solution to the following problem:

How to install ndiswrapper on Mac OS X86 10.4.10.

Current version is ndiswrapper 1.48.

Installation under Linux uses

make uninstall

make

make install commands

That do not work on Mac OS X86 10.4.10.

Any idea ? is it a way to install ndiswrapper there ?

or does it seems nearly impossible...

Leon

I'm not sure if you can build linux source code on OSX. You could try building FreeBSD's ndis package which, I believe, provides similar functionality as linux's NDISwrapper. Again, I don't know how well FreeBSD kernel module sources build on OSX as the two kernels (FreeBSD and OSX) may have radically different frameworks when it comes to loading (separately built) kernel modules.

You should try the Darwin project first to see if NDIS has already been wrapped for the OSX kernel.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

There are several posts on this topic, and in my own small way I even did some research myself. It seems deceptively simple.. NDISUlator a.k.a. Project Evil (the BSD vaiant of ndiswrapper) is a tiny amount of code, and although I have bothered every dev. I have come across to have a go, no takers have been forthcoming. The hard part would be writing the IOKit layer that produces a valid kext. I'm certain this would make an excellent project for someone, and the benefit in terms of wifi functionality would be huge.

So if someone is looking to make a name for themselves in open source development, what better than to put your name to "Project Evil on OS X" ?

well ndiswrapper supports my hard switch for my wireless and detects it power on, idk whats up on mac, my card is fully supported same vendor as apple airport extreme card but doesnt work.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

would take too much work becuase the additions needed for the correct functions would be huge dont think anyone would code that much when only kexts are needed instead a whole program with many kexts