Return of the Newton?

Numberzz

14 posts in this topic

A reference to an "iPhone Extreme" has been found on Apple's website. Within the HTML code for the feedback form is a hidden variable called "product" which contain the value "iPhone Extreme." Unfortunately, that's all the rumor has to tell. The speculation is that "iPhone Extreme" could represent some new product that is in the pipeline, a new name for the current iPhone if a cheaper version is released with less features is released, or, as the name suggests, a new Newton-like PDA device. This also could also be nothing at all.

iphone-extreme-ref.png

The HTML code where the reference was found.

Credit for finding this goes to Tom over at the iPhoneBugList, who saw the reference while attempting to interface his own site with Apple's iPhone feedback forum.

Full Story

Tough, thats life and like saying you would be pissed if you bought a certain model of car and were not informed of some new car in development..

What is it with people and Apple, they just assume they need to be told everything.

Yeah, but it sux when you save and save and save so you can get one of their insanely overpriced items, and then they smack you in the face by releasing a better one for less money.

Really {censored}.

You could have at least posted your own screenshot instead of stealing AppleInsider's.

And while we're on the topic of AppleInsider, here's what they said on the matter:

Update: The "iPhone Extreme" reference was simply a sloppy copy-and-paste job on the part of an Apple webmaster who apparently used the company's existing AirPort Extreme feedback form to creating one for the iPhone.

Thanks Colonel. I'll know do download my own HTML code viewer and look through all those pages until I find the one page that has that one value that was an accident in the first place.

You know... if you look in that screenshot, it says that the "accident" is at http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

Also, you wouldn't need to download your own "HTML Editor". You can just click View -> View Source in the Safari menu.

:)

You know... if you look in that screenshot, it says that the "accident" is at http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

Also, you wouldn't need to download your own "HTML Editor". You can just click View -> View Source in the Safari menu.

:(

You know you really shouldn't be starting $hit out here in the open. You seem like you really want to belittle anything Numberz does in front of the forum membership. I'm sure you have your reasons (and I really don't care what they are) but you have to realize you're antagonizing yourself in the process. My point is if you guys have a beef with each other, or even if it is meant as constructive criticism, settle it through PM's or something. Speaking as a bystander, this looks really poor on both of you and the site as well.

:(

Update: The "iPhone Extreme" reference was simply a sloppy copy-and-paste job on the part of an Apple webmaster who apparently used the company's existing AirPort Extreme feedback form in creating one for the iPhone.

hoping for a new iphone is like hoping there will be a vaccine for AIDS.

the only reason i could think of for buying an iphone is only to show off, other than that, its just not practical enough as a smart phone. its like buying a house phone on the go..

This also could also be nothing at all.

...anyone who codes knows that this variable could be named anything at all. Only the coder knows why they named it that... :star_smile: It's highly doubtful that Apple is keeping any secrets hidden in their HTML code. Sounds like someone's crying chicken little ;)