Just got my Q6600 in the mail

reghost

39 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

I've got my Q6600 (Rev B3 Step 7) running at 360 x 9 as well on a Abit IP35 Pro mobo with an ASUS Arctic Square cooler (air) at its rock solid and CPU temp is at 31c idle and 52c under full stress. I have been able to clock it up higher but opted for 3.24Ghz as a sweet spot temperature wise.

Alright my peoples, i just got my hands on 4 Crutial Ballistix 1GB PC2-8500 CL5 EPP sticks. So let the overclocking begin. Any suggested seetings. Remember im still on air cooling but not on the stock heat sink. I have an Asus Artic Sqare...

So Vcore only? and you are on air cooling?

Yep only vcore change and air cool only using an Asus Arctic Square in a Antec Nine Hundred case (1 200mm fan (top) 2 120mm fans (front), and a 120mm fam (rear) runs really nice and relatively cool.

Same here running at 4 GHz 24/7 on my Q6600 G0 and P5K-VM with vdroop mod ;)

Cooling Thermalright Sl-128SE and SilenX 12cm...

My geekbench score is in the signature.

Hi Allsop can you post your Bios settings voltages etc. And what type of memory.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You don't actually need fast RAM... Running at any ratio other than 1:1 usually yields worse performance, or in the case of the really expensive low latency stuff, performance that only looks better by a hair in totally artificial benchmarks. You've all been brainwashed by the memory companies!

Decent quality low latency PC6400 is all you need today.

And don't get me started on DDR3 - all faster RAM will become useful with the releases of the next Intel platform, when Intel chips gain an integrated memory controller, and memory bandwidth isn't limited by FSB.