Uphuck 10.4.10 update?

Fatherless One

23 posts in this topic

I've successfully installed Uphucks 10.4.9 v1.2 (no sound yet, see my other thread), I then installed Koolkat's 10.4.10 update successfully and it works :(

However my screen resolution went back to 1024x768 and iI had no other options to choose from, in the Uphuck 10.4.9 installation I had a wide range of resolutions to choose from including 1440x900 which is my monitors res. I'm running ASUS's P5LD2-VM mobo with on board GMA950 graphics.

So when will there be a 10.4.10 update that won't screw up my display?

pascal's update was recommended one for uphuck. I updated from 1.4i and resolution i had before was not {censored}ed up.

Hi

Not sure if my advice is to be taken seriously as I am not that techie

I failed to click gma 950 selecting no drivers with koolkal update and ended up with the same problem.

Being a simple soul i just ran the patch again unselecting everything except the gma950 drivers it took about 5 secs to patch 2nd time round

after a reboot all res were returned.

HTH

Jez

Hi

Not sure if my advice is to be taken seriously as I am not that techie

I failed to click gma 950 selecting no drivers with koolkal update and ended up with the same problem.

Being a simple soul i just ran the patch again unselecting everything except the gma950 drivers it took about 5 secs to patch 2nd time round

after a reboot all res were returned.

HTH

Jez

Thankyou to everyone for the help :D

I found the Pascal 10.4.10 update, I didn't select and video drivers, installed it, but same problem ... back to 1024x768 and no other options to choose from. What have I done wrong?

I've re-installed Uphuck's 10.4.9 v1.2, in this installation there only seems to be support drivers for the GMA900 (not GMA950) , but this still works!

On a happier note, I have sound via Azalia (on Uphuck's 10.4.9 v1.2 install)

So do I understand you correctly that after checking gma900 in the v1.2 installer gives you the desired results? If that is true, then update to 10.4.10 (I use Koolkal) and then reboot with the install disk, wait till you get to the part where you can choose options, check your gma900 only (nothing else...and do not do any formatting) and install. It will install the video driver only and you should have your resolution. I don't have to do that with my system, but every system is different.

I hope somebody can help me, I had Uphuck 10.4.9i r3 installed perfectley. I used pascalw update, did custom install, and only installed the default package (which did not have sub-options). Now at bootup, i get a panic and need help on how to fix this.. I attached a screenshot of the panic message

post-126112-1187549363_thumb.jpg

I'll give that a try, thanks for all the input.

What is this Pacifst people are talking about?

Pacifst is a prog to extract / install files from packages.. without actually running the installer..

What is the point of the 10.4.10 update?

I have uphuck 1.4i r3.{10.4.9} And it works well. ilife 08 also works!

The only problem I have is it will not wake from sleep:( I have to hold down the power botton. Anyone know how to fix this?

does anybody know why i get the following error message after my installation reboot:

"Diskarb isn't ready yet. We'll try again soon."

I had a fresh install of uphuck 10.4.9i and then updated with koolkals update.

Another thing to note, when i finished the installation and i hit the restart button, the little loading update circle came up but never restarted. i powered down and then restarted manually.

Also, second reboot gave a kernel panic and i keep getting it now.

Will this fix my wake from sleep issue?

I don't know if it will fix you issue bu it fixed mine, but maybe you don't have the same board as mine (see my signature).

And for the grafic cards (gma950 for example), you HAVE to check the gma950 driver from koolkal's update installer and 10.4.4 loginwindow like you were installing osX86 for the first time.

This update replaces all of your existing extensions so back them up and reinstall the fixing packages. For the atheros wireless cards for example you'll need to replace your 10.4.10 IO802.11bg by the 10.4.8 one.

Just one thing, you don't have to use pacifist to extract the packages, you just need to make a right clic and browse package content until you locate the little packages you need, the just copy it wherever you want (maybe ut doesn't work for the install dvd i'll have to try).