OSX86 Front Row For All

Xosx86

67 posts in this topic

Does this installer use the IRKeyboardEmu?

Does anyone know how to increase the volume of front row? It sounds very low.

Not sure, maybe use external speakers ;)

This is the first I have heard of this problem.

I think for most the sound is fine :huh:

Amazing!!! ;)But I lost PS/2 functionality... do you know how to fix it?
Glad it worked, Not sure why you lost PS/2 funtionality :( Take a look at this:http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=12990Hope you get PS/2 back :)
Great Stuff!!! Worked right out of the Box.... :thumbsup_anim:The only thing thats not working for me is the sound :help:
Do you have sound other than Front Row?What kind of sound card do you have?

Xosx86,

I have Realtek ALC850 (on-board), which for some reason is not working with Jas OSX86 10.4.8

I tried kextload AppleAC97AudioIntelICH.kext and it did loads successfully and when i open up The Sound Control From System Preferences i find no audio is detected.

Note: just after loading the kext if i do a ( "kextstat | grep Audio" ) i could see AppleAC97AudioIntelICH in the list

and after i open the Sound control from System Preferences, and run ( "kextstat | grep Audio" ) again i don't find AppleAC97AudioIntelICH in the list.

Xosx86,

I have Realtek ALC850 (on-board), which for some reason is not working with Jas OSX86 10.4.8

I tried kextload AppleAC97AudioIntelICH.kext and it did loads successfully and when i open up The Sound Control From System Preferences i find no audio is detected.

Note: just after loading the kext if i do a ( "kextstat | grep Audio" ) i could see AppleAC97AudioIntelICH in the list

and after i open the Sound control from System Preferences, and run ( "kextstat | grep Audio" ) again i don't find AppleAC97AudioIntelICH in the list.

I think I may have a fix for you.

give this a try and report back if it worked for you??

I have ALC262 and this worked for me :blowup:

Good luck!

Let me knowpost-124458-1187262416_thumb.png

DL THIS>>>To_Fix_OSX86_Sound.pkg.zip <<<

Thanks a lot! I have front row working on a different partition using another method. But on my main partition the same thing would not work. I was even thinking about reinstalling from scratch.

What system setup do you have?

specs?

@Xosx86:

is it the latest version of frontrow?

works great tho! :)

i got divx/xvid/ac3 codecs and all works flawlessly!

any clue if there is an indeo/avi quicktime component out there?

thank you!

I use Perian, works great ;)

Trouble:

Front Row only appears as a white screen, but I can still hear sound

I have a thread here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=61280

I have a Inspiron 1501 with AMD64, ATI Mobile Radeon x1150, and uphuck 10.4.9 v1.3 with callisto drivers b003. When I launch Front Row I always get a white screen but I can still hear the SFX (sound). Is anyone else getting this problem or is it just me? How can I fix this problem?

I'm not sure... How do I find out?

1. click on the blue apple on the top left of the screen

2. about this mac

3. more info

4. graphics/displays

5. then you should see Quartz Extreme: Supported ( if it does not say supported front row will not work )

:)

Thanks for this...I am complete noob to Osx86, I have it installed on a Dell 5100, P4 2.8ghz, 2.5gb, sata HDD and a ATI Radeon X600, quartz extreme is supported.

However I have no idea how to install this? Is it just like any other mac app? Do I have to do an ktext editing (please say no :) since I have no idea how to do any of it)