When will our betas expire?

Ayanami

12 posts in this topic

Obviously, these 10.5 betas will not run forever. How long will Apple give us after October to run these? Will it be different, from say 469 to 499?

I think MS gave us 2 or 3 months with Vista, but don't quote me on that....

I don't know that there are currently identified time limits on these builds, to be honest. So for it to be "obvious", well, logically it might seem that way, but nobody appears to have shed light on the topic if it does have some limiter...

Obviously, these 10.5 betas will not run forever. How long will Apple give us after October to run these? Will it be different, from say 469 to 499?

I think MS gave us 2 or 3 months with Vista, but don't quote me on that....

All Windows Vista beta builds had a 1 year limit, but all builds expired June 1st 2007. Its interesting question though, because previous Mac OS X betas were never open or accessible to the public, its hard to tell. I assume that $500 you pay for an ADC subscription guarantees you run that BETA or GM as long as you want.

Umm...My beta was free.

And judging by the trouble I've had with this and 469, I'm not in too much of a hurry to spend, what is it, $120 on a new OS that I'm a little shakey on.

You know what's a beta, right?

Just so that it is clear,

Beta = Not finished

It's way too early to judge. Wait 'till October or whenever they release Leopard to put your 2 cents in. I don't think anyone wants to keep running a beta operating system while the finished one is already out.

Guest MrRogers

Afaik, from previous Apple betas, these betas don't have time bombs, unlike Windows betas. They should be usable for as long as you want. :P

You know what's a beta, right?

Of course I know what a Beta is...

I'm just not entirely convinced yet that when released, Leo will be the equal to Tiger.

My opinions on the XP to Vista transition though....

And to be honest...my 6000 build of Vista absolutely rocks. Never had a problem with it.

Then again, if MS can get a stable (well, I can't find a single fault with it) buld on release day, Apple should be able to as well.

The education price of Tiger was $69. hopefully it will be the same for Leo. And i for one, will be trashing my beta as soon i have the leo disk in my hand.