atheros 5006EG WORKING!

Chrislitkei

95 posts in this topic

@mcblack...

under System Preferences Utility, check NETWORK, then under "show" Network Port Configurations... un-check your ethernet and just leave the Airport on. Re-boot. If your airport is now working then...

there is still a problem with the dependencies/ports order. Some people have reported the network "fixing itself" by re-booting with certain network ports de-activated, and then re-activating them after boot.

That's my small 2-cents for now...

regards,

ninetto

@mcblack...

under System Preferences Utility, check NETWORK, then under "show" Network Port Configurations... un-check your ethernet and just leave the Airport on. Re-boot. If your airport is now working then...

Thanks for the reply

But I don't even have a "AirPort" option there

I only see :

Serial Port

Bluetooth

Built-in Ethernet

even after your suggestions.

:(

Sad day.

But Thanks anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

I just want to thank you all for doing this. I had a seamless install of my Atheros.

When I would boot in Verbos mode I could see that OS X recognized that my Atheros was there but would unsuccessfully load the drivers. The first reboot where I had my fingers, toes, and eyes crossed it successfully loaded the drivers. The moment OS X booted up I could see the Airport icon in the top right hand corner!

I was at a complete loss about what to do about my wireless. Everything else worked. And, for the last week I sacrificed the wireless and just used a wired network. But, now my computer is complete!

Thank you,

I have an Atheros AR5006EXS and I have tried all of these suggestions and more.

I can't seem to get the card to even be recognized.

If anyone can help please let me know.

At the moment I have Uphuck 10.4.9r3 installed

But I've also tried Jas and others.

Everest tells me:

[ Atheros AR5006X Wireless Network Adapter ] Device Properties: Device Description Atheros AR5006X Wireless Network Adapter Bus Type PCI Express 1.0 x1 Bus / Device / Function 5 / 0 / 0 Device ID 168C-001C Subsystem ID 10CF-139C Device Class 0200 (Ethernet Controller) Revision 01 Fast Back-to-Back Transactions Not Supported

error

localhost kernel[0]: start [/sourceCache/AirPortDriverAtheros5424/AirPortDriverAtheros5424-235.9.3/src/driver/AtherosController.cpp:480] loaded unsuccessfully

I have an Atheros AR5006EXS and I have tried all of these suggestions and more.

I can't seem to get the card to even be recognized.

If anyone can help please let me know.

At the moment I have Uphuck 10.4.9r3 installed

But I've also tried Jas and others.

Everest tells me:

[ Atheros AR5006X Wireless Network Adapter ] Device Properties: Device Description Atheros AR5006X Wireless Network Adapter Bus Type PCI Express 1.0 x1 Bus / Device / Function 5 / 0 / 0 Device ID 168C-001C Subsystem ID 10CF-139C Device Class 0200 (Ethernet Controller) Revision 01 Fast Back-to-Back Transactions Not Supported

have a dell d620 with the atheros ar5006X wifi card, I cant get it to be recognized as airport extreme, the mini pci-e card is pulled from a mac book pro, so it should work, in dmesg I get the "loaded unsuccessfully" error message for the atheros kext (under IO80211Family),

can anyone help, btw i installed uphuck 10.4.9 1.3 os x

my atheros 5006exs (5424) minipci-e card is been recognized as a Ethernet adaptor(en0),and the mac address is empry , and i use "sudo ifconfig en0 ether 12:32:34:EA:43:43" to add the mac address ,the result is "ifconfig: interface en0 does not exist" ,I have no idea ,who can help me

others: i have a 8139card (en1),it is work good

• 2 weeks later...
Apparently the file upload is broken after someone hacked the site.

OK...Let's try this:

Kext and Headers

This has the pre-extracted kext and header folder, I also included Kext Helper to install the kext, just drag the kext package into the Kext Helper window (NOTE: if you are not using a password, in the password field type any character, like a period, to activate the easy install button, then delete the character).

I've rehosted this since that host has started being somewhat shady in their tactics (install our great spyware for faster downloads!!):

http://server1.fdcupload.com/v/3053797/500...nstall.zip.html

• 4 weeks later...

I tried getting my Atheros cards (Airport Extreme AR5006EXS from black MacBook, Gigabyte AR5006EGS, Acer AR5007EG OEM) to work under JaS 10.4.8, uphuck 1.3, 1.4ir2, Brazilmac leopard. no luck, i consistently get the AtherosController.cpp loaded unsuccessfully. does anyone have any idea what this error means? i can't even find the AtherosController.cpp file.

as a sidenote, i also have a Broadcom 4311/Dell 1390 that doesn't work.

All the above cards work great in windows+linux after following the appropriate procedures.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
OK...Let's try this:

Kext and Headers

This has the pre-extracted kext and header folder, I also included Kext Helper to install the kext, just drag the kext package into the Kext Helper window (NOTE: if you are not using a password, in the password field type any character, like a period, to activate the easy install button, then delete the character).

Can anyone tell me what's supposed to be in said Headers folder. The update 2007004 doesn't have a headers folder. so i'm a bit confused. The links are broken again. I've got my Atheros AR5004x installed and recognized using the 10.4.5 update IO80211family.kext, however it won't turn on. ;)

I have a Thinkpad T60p (2613-CTO) with the IBM 802.11 a/g mini pci-e adapter (aka Atheros AR5004x). Help? Anyone.

For now I'll try only installing the IO80211family.kext from the airportextremeupdate2007004.dmg.

Ok so it's working... only os x shows it as off in system prefs.

I used the 10.4.5 IO80211family.kext (no edits) and the recompiled IONetworkingFamily binary from a post i can't now find. so it's working! pretty much.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1) download airport extreme update 04-2007 from apples website.2) installer will say no supported hardware, cant install.3) manually extract io80211.kext and new included frameworks from airport update.4) replace io80211.kext in /system/library/extensions5) insert provided framworks (directory name is - headers)into /system/library/frameworks/kernel.framework/versions/A/6) run terminal, type sudo -schown -R root:wheel /S*/L*/E*/chmod -R 755 /S*/L*/E*/7) open disk utility and repair disk permissions8) restart and enjoy working WIFI!!!**optional**you may have to insert your Device ID into io80211.kext/atheros.kextLET ME KNOW IF THIS WORKS FOR ALL OF YOU?
Thanks so much for your help, is there a work around for Leopard, when i try to drag and drop the headers folder into versions/A/ it says i do not have permission....... any help would be so greatly appreciated
1) download airport extreme update 04-2007 from apples website.2) installer will say no supported hardware, cant install.3) manually extract io80211.kext and new included frameworks from airport update.4) replace io80211.kext in /system/library/extensions5) insert provided framworks (directory name is - headers)into /system/library/frameworks/kernel.framework/versions/A/6) run terminal, type sudo -schown -R root:wheel /S*/L*/E*/chmod -R 755 /S*/L*/E*/7) open disk utility and repair disk permissions8) restart and enjoy working WIFI!!!**optional**you may have to insert your Device ID into io80211.kext/atheros.kextLET ME KNOW IF THIS WORKS FOR ALL OF YOU?

• 1 month later...

>3) manually extract io80211.kext and new included frameworks from airport update.

Can someone explain how to extract this? Do I extract it from the airport update 2007-04? Where/how do I extractorate this?

Thanks!

Nanobrat, excract this to your /System/Library/Extensions folder

dont forget to fix your kext permissions, open your terminal and do the following:

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/

touch /System/Library/Extensions

exit

sudo -k

The Atheros 5006EG works out of the box on the great Leo4AllV3 distro.

Im on in my toshiba satellite with atheros 5006EG right now with Leo4Allv3 ;)

Nanobrat, excract this to your /System/Library/Extensions folder

dont forget to fix your kext permissions, open your terminal and do the following:

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/

touch /System/Library/Extensions

exit

sudo -k

The Atheros 5006EG works out of the box on the great Leo4AllV3 distro.

Im on in my toshiba satellite with atheros 5006EG right now with Leo4Allv3 ;)

Hi Netola, thanks for the speedy help! Are you saying I should just extract/unzip the contents of this installer into the extensions folder? Headings folder and all? (and then do the permissions stuff after)

thanks so much