IRC Status

28 posts in this topic

From this point forward, there will be no IRC involvement with insanelyMac from the Moofspeak network. You may continue to use #osx86 as a support channel, but #insanelyMac has been closed and now links to #osx86.

It is not the official support channel of insanelyMac, but still is a great resource for all of your questions.

Typical policy, of course, to retire someone without even a word of warning. I'd like to say this conduct is deplorable, and should not be condoned under any circumstances.

Edited by Hagar
reflecting the clear light of day

Where are all you old admins coming from? :rolleyes:

Cmoski, I thought moofspeak already had no involvement with InsanelyMac.

We've been here..

Well, I suppose the old insanelyMac really is dead.

The only thing to do now is to rebuild.

No contact at all.

Argh, this is all a depressing situation. Now the whole saga (after the selling) going on seems to be getting worse...

I agree completely..

It just doesn't make much sense at all. On one hand, you have demotions with no sort of warning, but on the other, you have someone who says they are interested in making things better on this site.

I have been doing that for a long time, and while my decisions may not have always been the best in 20/20 hindsight (which is always perfect), I've made them with forethought and available information. Because I'm been here since the sites inception, I feel this is a simple courtesy that could have been offered, and I have never acted in a way in which I believe would harm the site.

While it is true that perhaps I have been a bit rash, and one rash action doesn't necessarily deserve another, it is rather an insult to be tossed away without even a word.

I would be more then interested to talk, if there is something to talk about. I could only hope there is.

it seems that even after swad took his money, insanelymac still hasnt changed for the better

No, not a bit. It is still the old situation, the most senior users, including devs and even admins don't get any respect at all.

In the meantime Colonel has also retired.

Which future can you expect for such a site?

Just for the sake of witnessing a really unique coincidence, what was the date Other was promoted back to staff, and the date of which Cmoski was demoted?

Also, Colonel is now officially the first staff member to fit the category of a double-retiree.

Congrats :D

these are all such wierd happenings!

important people going away without them wanting to go away, thats no good.

sorry to hear this cmoski and kiko, its {censored} to say the least.

& agreed with alloutmacstoday +D

he has a good point.

Just for the sake of witnessing a really unique coincidence, what was the date Other was promoted back to staff, and the date of which Cmoski was demoted?

Also, Colonel is now officially the first staff member to fit the category of a double-retiree.

Congrats :D

Kevin, I noted this as well...

Damn... here I was thinking the whole controversy thing had quieted down. Now apparently it's back with a vengeance. :o

I sort of wish the general membership was told a bit more about the goings-on with staff and such. Being left in the dark isn't particularly comforting.

In the last week-ish, possibly earlier:

• Other came back
  • ColdFusion retired without telling anybody, but none of the other Fubra guys did
  • Cmoski was retired, possibly without warning and without reason
  • Ouch retired; circumstances unknown
  • Colonel re-retired, with no stated reason <-- Apparently unrelated.
  • Kiko's dev badge "mysteriously" vanished

Yeah. I think I speak for a lot of us when I say I'd like to know a bit more about what the hell's going on. I trust Sabr and Other as admins, but I think they're leaving us in the dark a bit too much.

Sorry if that's out of line or anything; I'm just curious. :D

Sorry if that's out of line or anything; I'm just curious. :D

yeah... & dont worry about colonels retiring, that has nothing to do with this..... but the others are quite quite suspicios etc.......

but everythings speculation atm

can someone clear this mess up?

Sorry for the short, brief post, but I just wanted to say don't worry. I'm trying to sort it all out right now. Just waiting for cmoski to read his inbox so we can have a chat.

I also want to say sorry for keeping you in the dark when a lot has been going on recently. I apologize for that.

I'll update you all soon. :D

Regards,

- Tim.

Sorry for the short, brief post, but I just wanted to say don't worry. I'm trying to sort it all out right now. Just waiting for cmoski to read his inbox so we can have a chat.

I also want to say sorry for keeping you in the dark when a lot has been going on recently. I apologize for that.

I'll update you all soon. :)

Regards,

- Tim.

Cool, thanks. :)

Ouch has been innactive for quite some time. His retirement is more or less irrelevant.

Yeah, I know that... it's just that he popped up in this thread where cmoski was b*tching about his retirement, so I thought there might have been some connection. :angel:

EDIT: And apparently subsequently had his post deleted. ?????