Hacking 2 - Transparent menu bar

DAddYE

26 posts in this topic

I see much people that don't love the new trasparent menu bar, so I found on a blog a way for have the same menu bar of tiger.

See it here: http://blog.lipsiasoft.com

p.s. I don't know if any has just posted it

sorry dude, but very crapy your solution, once you use spaces everything goes to :thumbsup_anim:

thanks for trying to kill the ugly transparent bar, i'm waiting for a solution.

if i could help please pm me, but notice that i have no idea on developing, maybe i can help to make icons or some photoshop work ;)

It doesn't "hack" the menubar (change it's construction).

it doesnt matter what it changes, the end result is we get a solid looking menu bar, therefore its a (cheap) hack.

Guest Ramm

Not true. This is a fix.

Ramm smells a vocabulary war emerging...:P

At any rate, I think we should find a real alternative... however there are no GUI hacking tools for Leopard, yet.

Mine is 22 px.

I've been experimenting with different colored backgrounds, and I've found grey (actually, the color should be black, though it appears as a medium grey) works really well.

post-47946-1184209558_thumb.png

Hmmm... I don't see that line, even when zoomed in all the way. I've tried 22px,23px, and plain, but I don't see it. Oh well, I guess it doesn't matter. But the black does look cool. :)

Yes, it appears you're right. That "white line" i was referring to was just a strange illusion, from when a window is pressed right against the menubar.

Picture4-1.png|Picture5.png

And SG, you act as though it's a big deal. Yes, I was wrong, your point is? And technically, I wasn't wrong "again" because the first time, we were both right...