Who's Sick Of Hearing About The iPhone

Who's Sick Of Hearing About The iPhone  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Are you sick of hearing about it

• Yes
    • No

26 posts in this topic

It is only a bloody phone which is going to cost 500/600 Eur once it is released in Europe. I don't expect many Europeans buying it.

S.J. is revered as a demigod, but I believe he is an idiot to divert so many resources from computers.

Did Bill Gates become the richest man on earth by selling phones? I don't like him, but at least he has been smart enough to sell Windows in almost every country in the World.

I am waiting for the affordable Mac...

I would say for the most part, Mac laptops are very affordable (in the sense that their not overpriced compared to competitors)

However, the Mini just isnt fast enough, and the iMac sucks and is waayyy overpriced.. And if you want a decent Desktop, your stuck with the Mac Pro and that is $2500. I wish Apple would release a plain old tower so badly!

I would say for the most part, Mac laptops are very affordable (in the sense that their not overpriced compared to competitors)

If you pay in Euro for the same money you buy a Macbook you can buy a PC laptop twice the specs.

A tiny (13.3") macbook for $1100? the specs vs price are attrocious. The macbook pro is the only reasonably priced mac laptop... and only if you buy refurbished.

And please consider that Eur1100=$1,489.44!!!

(Eur1100 is what you pay in Europe)

I'm sick of the Apple policy (as always, although I bought a MBP) around the iPhone and its price which is hilarious. Come on, pay 500-600$ for a phone and then another 60 bucks a month for it, being bound exclusively to one provider? I am really happy to hear about any iPhone hacking progress. When there will be a possibility to unlock it, then the iPhone is more interesting - meanwhile it's just totally overpriced and hyped. I think that Apple should just release a new iPod which works and looks like the iPhone just without the phone functionality. But I guess that people are waiting for this and Apple won't release it soon (or never) because the iPhone could be the iPod's successor (depending on its success on the market). You know that Steve Jobs is a cunning boy!

I'm sick of the Apple policy (as always, although I bought a MBP)

Personally I have been in openSUSE for several days (but right now I am in XP x64), and I have felt more productive than when I am in OS X.

Thus I don't see a chance that I am going to pay for a MBP almost twice as much as I would pay for a PC laptop with similar specs. I might however consider a Mac Pro, as it isn't too overpriced for what it is.

• 4 weeks later...

The iphone is cool. I got my hands on one for a week to play with. The phone is cool, only one compaint, AT & T's data networks SUCKS! In some places its really fast and others it takes ten minutes to load google! Other than it being an AT & T phone, (everyone i know is on verizon), it is AWESOME!