9A466 Mail is breaking

Ag3ntS

16 posts in this topic

It worked fine for a while, but now it just opens up to a window with no toolbar icons, and any time I try to click on anything in the window, nothing happens. I can still open up the preferences and most other windows related to Mail.app, but the main message window is a no-go, and I cannot quit the app without killing it in activity monitor. I've restarted and its still the same way.

It worked fine for a while, but now it just opens up to a window with no toolbar icons, and any time I try to click on anything in the window, nothing happens. I can still open up the preferences and most other windows related to Mail.app, but the main message window is a no-go, and I cannot quit the app without killing it in activity monitor. I've restarted and its still the same way.

same thing for me. doesn't bother me too much, though - I'll just use webmail.

I just tried this, but the main message window is still unresponsive. I can go into and modify the preferences, open the previous senders window, and most other breakout windows, but I can't actually y mail.

I'm thinking about it. I was a little weary after using 9a410, so I installed it on an external drive, but with the exception of this issue and the photo booth problems, its running great on my Macbook. I think I might do an archive and install onto the internal drive.

i had these problems too, but all you need to do is mount the 9a466 image and click on that mounted drive, inside there is a pkg called optional installs, click on that and then you can reinstall apps like Mail, iTunes etc..

btw dont try to import old mail, it made my Mail unresponsive and had to reinstall.

Like hp4life said, there's no need to reinstall the whole OS. I had the same issue, and I used AppDelete to remove Mail from my system, then deleted the ~/Library/Mail folder. Then I popped my disk back in, opened up Optional Installs, and reinstalled Mail. Works like a charm now.

No need to reinstall entire OS !!!!!!!!!

Just extract the Mail.pkg ..... clean out all the other mail junk and ....... (for now)

Don't import old mail/mailboxes ..... AND don't create new folders (what they call mailboxes) - just recreate accounts, and deal with the standard inbox/sent/trash .....

I went through this mess about 5x ...

Mail works super for me. Its really snappy, and displays attachments nicely too. I have Bluetooth problems that I thought could be fixed by an Archive and Install (+ restore users), but no dice.

Was considering this move. I've grown tired of having Leopard on the smaller partition of my MBP. I've been pleased with almost everything in Leo, but Mail worries me. Has anyone successfully imported old mailboxes? My Tiger partition is currently housing about 13K saved messages, and I'd rather take them with when I move.

Re: Google. What's the deal? I tried about 5 times with no luck to add my Gmail account to Mail. The last time, when I thought I Force Quit Mail, I opened it back up to find it checking Gmail. It seems to work now, but I just wonder why all the problems...

Has anyone successfully imported old mailboxes? My Tiger partition is currently housing about 13K saved messages, and I'd rather take them with when I move.

I have my mailboxes imported just fine. Just copy the "Mail" folder from /User/Library and the com.apple.mail.plist from /User/Library/Preferences.