OSX Leopard Reviewed/Gallery by me.

t3mur

17 posts in this topic

Yeah that would be awesome! I've been iffy and on-the-fence on how the magnification would look. Also does it look ridiculous when the dock is really small

I suspect an icon might enlarge and move forward like a person stepping out onto the floor from a crowd. Just my guess. But I'm very interested in seeing it. The Dock in Leopard uses so much space already, for the icon to go up when hovered over like in Tiger would be grabbing more space although its only for launching the app. And those dots that indicate active applications, eww. Looks like the folks on the Design team at Apple are kinda losing their touch. The dots get lost in the applications reflection.

How do you know that ? :lol:

Simply press the help button on your keyboard, if the cursor turns into a question mark the frontmost application is Cocoa, if it opens the help viewer or does nothing it's Carbon.

There is also another trick that consists in examining the window's behaviour when dragged under the dock; Carbon apps won't let the window go further that the dock's top, Cocoa windows will go down but come up immediately after they are released.

This trick however doesn't apply to the Finder because it overrides this behavior.

Other than that you can have a look at how the bundle is structured or doing some reverse engineering, but this methods work fine.