Yet Another World of Warcraft Question

Hexidecimal

12 posts in this topic

I've recently put OSx86 back on my main rig, since WoW is now a universal binary and with advances like Titan and Natit I thought I would give it a shot. My rig is as follows

ASUS A8n SLI PRemium

nVidia GeForce 6800GT

2 gigs Corsair Platinum PC3200 @ 2-3-3-5

AMD 64 3700+

Everything works hardware wise without a hitch, Natit installed full QE/CI, All audio everything, installed WoW no issues, fired it up, log in is great, character selection screen is great, get into the game, 9 FPS. 9.

The game runs great in windows, constantly at 60 FPS maxxed out, is there some setting im missing in OS X to get it to run correctly, this is really the only windows app I run anymore and would like to do a full switch.

I got some issues with wow running on my amd too, I get like tiny spikes every sec, easiest to see when I put on autorun and look at my char from the side. Runs a few steps then a tiny halt and repeat, really annoying.

graphics also seems to be somewhat wrong (see screenshot)

I tried different gfx setting, and its all the same at low settings and rez.

post-109158-1182281973_thumb.jpeg

few things to speed up performance :

1) turn off vsync in video settings

2) enable multithreaded opengl with this command in game :

/console GLFaster 2

turning on multithreaded GL takes advantage of your multiple cores/cpus and disabling VSYNC while MT-GL is on removes the stuttering.

any idea why mac os x always crash when i want to play wow ?

i can start it, play it about 1-2 minutes then dots and grafik errors appear and the picture freeze complet... in full and window mode... i turn of everything in wow and set all effects to minimum ! The sound still work so the computer does not crash complet.. i can hear sound effects like normal in game while playing.

It is like my grafik card would overheat but i have it only in wow and imovie when i use quartz effects, playing movies and everything other is 0 problem.

i try nearly everything installing the ATI drivers NAutil 1.0 still the same, when i delete the ACPI files macos x will not load anymore and gives me errors.

In wow i have a real good frame rate and everything works just like i said it crash after some secounds playing... maybe i have to turn this GLFaster off ? It is like wow would overclock my grafikcard and then it overheat :(

any ideas are welcome ! Is 800mhz FSB normal for my CPU ? should it not be 200mhz ?

Pentium 4 HT

Machine Model: ADP2,1

Processor Speed: 2.41 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 1

Memory: 512 MB

Bus Speed: 800 MHz

L2 Cache: 512 KB

Radeon X1600 Series:

Chipset Model: Radeon X1600 Series

Type: Display

Bus: AGP

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x71c2

Revision ID: 0x0000

Displays:

S/T 97P/96P:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 85 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

Display:

uff... i should get what from what ?

any links maybe ?

ok found it http://diabolik1605.com/DHF/index.html

hmm now wow say "could not start 3d acceleration"

Radeon X1600Pro:

Chipset Model: Radeon X1600Pro

Type: Display

Bus: AGP

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x71c2

Revision ID: 0x0000

Displays:

S/T 97P/96P:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 85 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Not Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Display:

IGb75922.jpg

juhu :P thanks to you :P

i get it working... i mess the first thing up and had to restore default from install DVD.

then i load only the NatitX1600.r1v3.Installer from diabolik... I install only the first 2 things

Stock 10.4.9 ATi Kexts

Natit1600.kext Rev 1 V3

again.. no 3d working.. i read to change the vendor id... i did it in the 2 files to my vendor id... ok working 3d !

but again bugs in openGL so i load up the installer again.. and install 10.4.5 ATINDRV.kext now its working perfect even in full screen.

now i have all my mac os x like i wanted :P