Brushed Metal iMac at WWDC?

Suzuka

13 posts in this topic

I seriously think that that is a hoax. First off, I thought Apple was saving the "brushed metal" look for their pro machines like the MBP and the Mac Pro. Second, I also thought that they were trying to move away from the brushed metal look. And finally, when is the last time the Apple introduced consumer machines at a WWDC?

Note that the accompanying image is clearly a mockup, not meant to be taken seriously.

Editor: obviously this picture is just a Mac Pro with a screen - the new iMacs will look nothing like this

Thats a fake, for sure. I hardly doubt Apple will being back the original cinema display style, and put it onto the iMacs with the only differencnce now it being brushed metal. Its a step backwards in design..really.

I seriously think that that is a hoax. First off, I thought Apple was saving the "brushed metal" look for their pro machines like the MBP and the Mac Pro. Second, I also thought that they were trying to move away from the brushed metal look. And finally, when is the last time the Apple introduced consumer machines at a WWDC?

Mac Mini is a pro machine?

Moving away from the brushed metal look with the 2G nano and shuffle?

And don't forget the iPhone being announced at macworld expo. Of late apple seem to be doing away with some past traditions.

One thing I dont get about Apples white plastic= consumer, brushed metal=pro.. Why does the mini have brushed metal!?

The Mac Mini is painted plastic, not metal. Also, kind of nitpicking here, but I don't believe Apple has ever had a brushed metal computer or display. While OS X has a brushed metal look, the PowerBooks, MacBook Pros, PowerMac G5s and Mac Pros have all been unbrushed anodized aluminum.

A fake, and a very poor photoshop job. Does the base of that "iMac" look familiar? It should. It's taken directly from a picture of a Power Mac / Mac Pro case. I see some really rough blending effects where the base ends and the square share of the screen begins.

That monstrosity really doesn't come close to the award-winning style of the current iMacs. Believe me, Apple would never make anything like that.

Every Apple computer is either in a nice white case or else it has the "aluminum" look. This would harshly depart from both styles. That and, as said, "brushed metal" (which btw, refers to a GUI style, not a physical case style) is being ousted from all future Apple designs.