OSx86 installed on P35

badge

172 posts in this topic

asapp18 - THANK YOU. Finally a response.

I am new when it comes to editing any of the installer stuff, so I'll have to pass and just hope uphuck 1.5 fixes it.

I do have the 1.2 DVD. What options should I choose? My first go around came back with "mach_kernel not found" when I tried to boot the first time. I didn't bother trying further cause I figured it just wouldn't work with P35, but I'll give it another shot. I might've chosen the wrong options in the installer?

...just trying to take this one step at a time!

Tried 1.2 again. It stops when trying to load the console.

Not really sure which options to choose (see hardware specs in posting a few posts above).

I think all I checked was:

10.4.9 uphuck

Intel SSE3

Natit

....hmmm, that might've been it. Just trying to follow the "don't install everything" idea.

See attached pic.

post-128900-1188048260_thumb.jpg

Tried 1.2 again. It stops when trying to load the console.

Not really sure which options to choose (see hardware specs in posting a few posts above).

I think all I checked was:

10.4.9 uphuck

Intel SSE3

Natit

....hmmm, that might've been it. Just trying to follow the "don't install everything" idea.

See attached pic.

post-128900-1188048260_thumb.jpg

do you have SATA set to AHCI mode in your BIOS setup?

Yes - set to AHCI, and the jmicron is disabled. Check out my post at the top of this page. Everything is essentially the same, only now I'm using uphuck 1.2 and a USB DVD, since asap18 is saying I have to patch 1.4 r3 to get it to work.

Hmmm...noticing that nobody supports Nvidia's 8xxx series. I have an 8600GT. Is that the problem?

do you have SATA set to AHCI mode in your BIOS setup?

badge - I forgot to mention, I seem to have got sleep working on my p5k-e. I don't really know what I did but it seems to work ok when I choose sleep from the menu bar. let me know if you want to work out what the difference is between my setup and yours in terms of software. I think I did rebuild the IOATAFamily kext from source (darwin open source with no mods) and I've made the AppleAHCIPort recognise my ICH9R as an ICH8R. I'm running 10.4.10. I only noticed today when I sent it to sleep by accident.badge - I forgot to mention, I seem to have got sleep working on my p5k-e. I don't really know what I did but it seems to work ok when I choose sleep from the menu bar. let me know if you want to work out what the difference is between my setup and yours in terms of software. I think I did rebuild the IOATAFamily kext from source (darwin open source with no mods) and I've made the AppleAHCIPort recognise my ICH9R as an ICH8R. I'm running 10.4.10. I only noticed today when I sent it to sleep by accident.

badge - I forgot to mention, I seem to have got sleep working on my p5k-e. I don't really know what I did but it seems to work ok when I choose sleep from the menu bar. let me know if you want to work out what the difference is between my setup and yours in terms of software. I think I did rebuild the IOATAFamily kext from source (darwin open source with no mods) and I've made the AppleAHCIPort recognise my ICH9R as an ICH8R. I'm running 10.4.10. I only noticed today when I sent it to sleep by accident.

That would be much appreciated. My rig sleeps just fine, but doesn't seem too keen on waking. I am currently running 10.4.9 (as 10.4.10 would break Pro Tools in all probability). Perhaps you could post copies of the relevant files you have changed?

badge, apart from stepping upto 10.4.10, I think the only other thing I've done is add my ICH9R vendor ID into the plist in AppleAHCIPort. Basically, it thinks my southbridge is an ICH8 now instead of GenericAHCI. I figured that ICH8 would be better than generic.

try that.

Thanks for keeping this thread going.

I haven't tried to install uPhuck DVD just yet but will be soon when I can find out how to do it from external HDD instead.

badge-- why do you think the 10.4.10 update will break Pro Tools?

badge-- why do you think the 10.4.10 update will break Pro Tools?

Pro Tools is notorious for automatically breaking when you update the OS. Digidesign will actually "validate" an update when they have updated PT to make it compatible. So I usually lag a bit in my OS updating.

GingerPrince: I'll give that a shot

uPhuck 1.4i v3 does not work with P5K-E and Pioneer Sata Internal DVD drive.

Three different burned CDs, all same result. The install will work in vMware but I can not boot from the install at all. Any ideas?

I am going to try 1.4 v2 or whatever it is to get this board working.

By the way: JaS 10.4.9 intel DVD works and will install... but want uPhuck because other P5K users got most stuff working from this install.

MAJOR UPDATE

Someone in this thread said, briefly, that they had to put the board into RAID mode to get the uPhuck DVD 1.4i 3 to work.

THIS METHOD WORDS! My Pioneer Sata DVD drive read the DVD, installed, and my board recognized all four of my internall HDDS. I am currently transferring information from my bricked OS X install to this new one.

Now I need to find out if I can take it out of RAID and put it in AHCI instead.

Thanks to the person who said this! This was wracking my freaking brain!

badge, apart from stepping upto 10.4.10, I think the only other thing I've done is add my ICH9R vendor ID into the plist in AppleAHCIPort. Basically, it thinks my southbridge is an ICH8 now instead of GenericAHCI. I figured that ICH8 would be better than generic.

try that.

GingerPrince - thanks for this info. I patched AppleAHCIPort plist and now sleep and wake works (have only tried sleep from the menu). P5K Deluxe, e6600, eVGA 7600GT. Uphuck 1.4i-r2 upped to 10.4.10.

No probs. Metaldog, I noticed on this post earlier in this thread, you were putting a dev id in of 0x293e8086. Why ? My p5k-e ICH9R has an ID of 0x29228086. Which ID did you use in AHCIPort?No probs. Metaldog, I noticed on this post earlier in this thread, you were putting a dev id in of 0x293e8086. Why ? My p5k-e ICH9R has an ID of 0x29228086. Which ID did you use in AHCIPort?btw, I switched from Natit 0.2 to NVInject and the 15-20 second delay I was getting on boot has disappeared. I noticed you've got the same gfx chip but I don't know if you get the same delay. basically, my machine was booting up, grey screen, spinning wheel, screen goes to sleep for 20 seconds and then comes on with the logon screen. now, with NVInject, i don't get that 20 second delay.

• 2 weeks later...
No probs. Metaldog, I noticed on this post earlier in this thread, you were putting a dev id in of 0x293e8086. Why ? My p5k-e ICH9R has an ID of 0x29228086. Which ID did you use in AHCIPort?No probs. Metaldog, I noticed on this post earlier in this thread, you were putting a dev id in of 0x293e8086. Why ? My p5k-e ICH9R has an ID of 0x29228086. Which ID did you use in AHCIPort?btw, I switched from Natit 0.2 to NVInject and the 15-20 second delay I was getting on boot has disappeared. I noticed you've got the same gfx chip but I don't know if you get the same delay. basically, my machine was booting up, grey screen, spinning wheel, screen goes to sleep for 20 seconds and then comes on with the logon screen. now, with NVInject, i don't get that 20 second delay.

Thanks for the NVInject info - I had the same behavior with blank screen, now no delay with NVInject.

0x293e8086 ID was for on-board audio. For AHCIPort I used the 0x29228086 ID. I've been using the the ID's from this site PCI ID repository.

I'm now using Leopard 9a527, and have had very good results so far. Some issues, but pretty much everything works the same as 10.4.10. Using the same NVInject.

Looking at picking up a p5k-e board and just want to clarify a couple things. I read some guys have the wifi working on a p5k Deluxe will this driver also work fro the p5k-e? What is required to get the ide's working after install (will the script by asap do this?) I realize this is probably answered within the last 8 pages but with so many models of p5k I want to make sure. Oh and does the usb & firewire work?

Thanks!

Niceone! Does leopard have support for ICH9 or are you still patching AHCIPort?

Did you install on a separate partition or upgrade tiger?

Think I'm going to wait for it to become a bit more stable.

Still patching AHCIPort for ICH9 on leopard. Same with IONetworking for Yukon support - Realtek NIC works with no patching. I installed on a separate partition on same drive as Tiger, and have dual-boot option at start-up.

Hopefully stability and other bugs are worked out with final release and there will be good support for p35. Biggest problem I currently have with 9a527 is unable to connect to NAS box with password - only guest. Doesn't like the way the password is sent or something related to password format. Also, no Q2D available with 9a527 from what I can tell...

Sorry for OT here, this is Tiger...

Currently, my 10.4.10 Tiger is solid and used for my day-to-day use. I have 5 internal SATA drives (3 HFS+, 2 NFTS) and 1 external SATA (HFS+) - (all AHCI). Also using a 1.75TB NAS. Outside of generating a lot of heat, all has been working fine with OS X 10.4.10.

I have a P5K Deluxe mobo with a Q6600, 4 GB, Pioneer SATA DVR-212D DVDRW, and 5 hard drives, 2 Raptors in Raid 0 for my Vista installation, 2 Seagate 7200.10s in Raid 0 for my storage, and 1 7200rpm WD 250 GB which I want to use for OSX. The WD is set as a non RAID disk, but when I use the Jas DVD, it stops in the beginning with all the DOS-looking text and says "still waiting for root device." What could this be a result of? I noticed that the OP has the same SATA DVDRW and was able to install. I have tried AHCI and others, but no success. Any and all help is appreciated.

i have a similar configuration. i don't have any experience with raid, so you shouldn't expect that to work. i have a sata plextor dvdrw, a 7200.10 sata and msi 7600gt. i didn't have any luck with jas' or tubgirl's dvd. i could get the uphuck 1.4ir3 dvd to work, though. for this, sata needed to be set to raid, not ide and not sata. hope this helps you to get a little further...

I have a P5K Deluxe mobo with a Q6600, 4 GB, Pioneer SATA DVR-212D DVDRW, and 5 hard drives, 2 Raptors in Raid 0 for my Vista installation, 2 Seagate 7200.10s in Raid 0 for my storage, and 1 7200rpm WD 250 GB which I want to use for OSX. The WD is set as a non RAID disk, but when I use the Jas DVD, it stops in the beginning with all the DOS-looking text and says "still waiting for root device." What could this be a result of? I noticed that the OP has the same SATA DVDRW and was able to install. I have tried AHCI and others, but no success. Any and all help is appreciated.

:), i have the same exact board, but when i go to install OS X, i get a boot.plist not found. Did you do a vmware 2 native install.

@ asap18

you own an Asus P5K-Deluxe.

gdog write a great tutorial:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...7&hl=badaxe

and show Xbench result from him Hackinstosh i am a little bit surprise

with him poor results:

Disk Test 67.13

Sequential 105.85

Uncached Write 112.69 69.19 MB/sec [4K blocks]

Uncached Write 103.59 58.61 MB/sec [256K blocks]

Uncached Read 98.58 28.85 MB/sec [4K blocks]

Uncached Read 109.67 55.12 MB/sec [256K blocks]

Random 49.16

Uncached Write 18.23 1.93 MB/sec [4K blocks]

Uncached Write 115.00 36.82 MB/sec [256K blocks]

Uncached Read 94.10 0.67 MB/sec [4K blocks]

Uncached Read 138.87 25.77 MB/sec [256K blocks]

I run a mobo A8N-SLI Premium with AMD64 X2 3800, ATI X1600, 3xSATA disks

and get :

Results 108.13

System Info

Xbench Version 1.3

System Version 10.4.9 (8P2137)

Physical RAM 2048 MB

Model ACPI

Drive Type Maxtor 6V320F0

Disk Test 108.13

Sequential 130.98

Uncached Write 136.64 83.90 MB/sec [4K blocks]

Uncached Write 134.33 76.00 MB/sec [256K blocks]

Uncached Read 120.11 35.15 MB/sec [4K blocks]

Uncached Read 134.23 67.46 MB/sec [256K blocks]

Random 92.07

Uncached Write 60.70 6.43 MB/sec [4K blocks]

Uncached Write 119.57 38.28 MB/sec [256K blocks]

Uncached Read 92.49 0.66 MB/sec [4K blocks]

Uncached Read 128.24 23.80 MB/sec [256K blocks]

It's close two time better, so i plane to use, as i like Asus Motherbord an Asus P5K-Deluxe

Could you be kind enough to run Xbench and publish the results?

Thanks in advance.

Ok.

Here is the stuff.

Unzip it. Open a Terminal. cd to the directory you unzipped it into.

type chmod +x p5kefix.sh

sudo ./p5kefix.sh

This WILL backup your extensions to /System/Library/Extensions.backup in case you fux0r something.

Will Fix Sound, LAN, IDE on the P5K-e.

http://www.mediafire.com/?b0e9nhgfznd

has anyone tried this patch with a p5k premium or deluxe?

• 4 weeks later...
Will Fix Sound, LAN, IDE on the P5K-e.

http://www.mediafire.com/?b0e9nhgfznd

Wow man! Nice work really! Audio done...

System 10.4.8 uphack 1.4

As for my p5k-se

Audio output - working

Audio input (mic) - not working

ICH9 - not working

ATA - not working (Marvell chip)

Onboard Lan - not working

for the ich9 there is a script that had been made for the p5b deluxe that make the ich9 works perfect (including the pata)

i know it because it was my last mother before it dead, and I don need to reintall.

I had installed the osx in a vm ware on a phisical disk because of the jmicron. you have to had a sata cdrom or a usb device to install intead

oh! and here is the script

enjoy it...

so now I came back to make my p5k deluxe work full. if samebody knows samething...

Mistico__s_P5b_dlx_Pack_1.0lite.zip