172 posts in this topic

whats up dudes! I just finished installing MAC OS X 10.4.9 Uphuck v1.3

on my GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3P

I used:

Intel 10.4.9

SSE3(1) Kernel

Patches: IOATAFAMILY.KEXT

Drivers: JMICRON, USB, AZALIA, REALTEK R1000, Intel Pro/100VG, NVIDIA TITAN

Everything works. Except for the SOUND, I am guessing there is no ALC889A Driver yet.

I am using it as I type.

Oh yeah. Sleep Works. At first i thought it turned off the computer. Then I moved the mouse and bam! Right back where I left it.

yep, i installed it from an SATA DVD-RW drive and installed it on SATA HDD. No Problems!

Hi Badge,

I got a P5k-E and a q6600, and 2x500gb hardrive. I hooked up the hardrives into port 1 and 2 of sata ports and set them up as AHCI. I proceeded in installing using Uphuck v.1.4r2. I created a raid0 between the two hardrives within osx diskutil (since it won't see my hardrive if I do hardware raid) and continued with installation. I'm not sure if I've chosen the wrong packages, but after installing the system reboots and then the next thing I see is boot.plist not found. I got a 7600GS graphics card which should also work.

Please let me know if you have any pointers. Thank you!

Eric

I'll be editing this first post to keep it updated with where I am at

System Specs:

Mobo: Asus P5K-E

CPU: e6420

RAM: 2 GB GSkill @ 800 (Model: F2-6400PHU2-2GBHZ)

Drives: 320GB Seagate SATA 7200.10 (OS X Disk)

160GB WD SATA 7200 (Pro Tools Recording Disk)

(2x) 250GB WD IDE drives (Windows, Linux installs, misc)

Optical: Pioneer DVR-212DBK SATA DVD-RW

Power: Corsair 520W

GFX: XFX 7900GS

Asus P5K-E Components

•Audio: ADI AD1988B

•Wifi: ASUS WiFi-AP Solo

•LAN: Marvell 88E8056

•Southbridge: ICH9R

•IDE and eSATA Controller: JMicron JMB363

Current install uses Uphuck 10.4.9 v1.3

What works:

•SATA works in AHCI mode,

Marvell Yukon 8056 Gigabit LAN works after kext editing

•Built IN Stereo Audio Output (using bash by asap found later in this thread)

•7900GS dual screen with Natit 0.2

•JMicron eSATA and PATA controller works (only tested IDE though)

•M-Audio Firewire Solo

•Processor and RAM Speed is correctly reported in About This Mac

What doesn't work

•Built In wifi

•Built in audio input, multi-channel out

•Wake from Sleep

•Optical drive works fine initially, but if a disc is left in the drive, it seems to spool down and OS X decides there is no longer an optical drive attached. The drive itself is unresponsive, and can only be brought back to life by shutting down (not restarting)

Ok.

Here is the stuff.

Unzip it. Open a Terminal. cd to the directory you unzipped it into.

type chmod +x p5kefix.sh

sudo ./p5kefix.sh

This WILL backup your extensions to /System/Library/Extensions.backup in case you fux0r something.

Will Fix Sound, LAN, IDE on the P5K-e.

http://www.mediafire.com/?b0e9nhgfznd

Snap. Had a semi working OS X + P5K-e til I did this.

Now can't get into OS X. Get the dreaded Slashed-Circle.

How do I go back to my original extensions?

Hi all,

i plan to buy Gigabyte P35 DS3P with a E6750.

I already have an XFX 7600 GS which sleeps well on a 945G mobo (P5LD2-VM SE)

Does sleep function works well with GA P35 DS3P ??? (i saw cool nerds post : it seems ok but is there any other experience ?)

Thanks for an answer ^_^

A bit of an update from my experience with the P5K-E. Sleep still doesn't work. Everything else is fine though (although the sound is stereo out only).

Updated to 10.4.10 using the koolkal installer and it went ok. Have now installed Frontrow/iLife 08/iWork 08/VMWare Fusion 1.0/Adobe Lightroom 1.1 all working without any problems at all! :hysterical: I'm a very happy camper!

I did try the netkas AppleSMBios.kext but it completely reported the wrong information. I went back to the original Apple version and its fine again now.

WOW!!!!FINALLY got it working!what a treat...only need ethernet and sound, which can wait til the morning.runs smooth and fast and is utterly beautiful!this procedure solved the issue of hanging on first reboot (i actually used uphuck v1.3 but this works as well)...thanks to OSX86tester for this one:try rebooting then if you have the JAS dvd in. press f8 then type -v -s . then some text flies by. then type fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0then you should see a fdisk: 1> then type PRINT, you will then see like partitiond and numbers. You will then select the partition IE im using partition 1. So you will Type flag 1 . then it should say partition 1 marked active. then you can quit then type reboot.then darwin should load.but then when i rebooted again, i got this error and a stall : disk0s1 I/O errora bit of googling found the answer - unplug all usb devices and then reboot...success!i've found some potential solutions to fix all of these problems, but it's gonna wait til tomorrow.after numerous frustrating attempts, i finally got it.hang in there and keep trying...it's worth it in the end!thanks to everyone who helped me! ;)
Hey Wolf,I'm getting the same error, do everything you say and it still gives me the boot.plist error. I go through and flag the drive and reboot and that pesky error comes back. I've tried unplugging all my usb stuff (except mouse and keyboard) I've tried raid 0, raid 1, just a single disk. Doesn't matter, everytime I get the boot.plist error. I downloaded JAS dvd instead of uphuck 1.3 and I'll see how that goes.But if that doesn't work, do you or anyone else have an idea on how to fix this thing? My specs are below so is it some setting I'm missing in the BIOS(not the AHCI, I enabled that) or maybe a driver on the install that causing the boot.plist error?ThanksntdoggSpecs:805 Pentium D (Overclocked stable to 3.3 w/water cooling)Asus P5K Deluxe w/WiFi2GB OCZ Ram DDR2 800Mhz2x 320GB Seagate Perpendicular Recording Sata DrivesSapphire ATI x1600 512MB PCIe Lite-On Sata DVDRW750w PC Power Ok Jas DVD does the same thing. This has to be BIOS, I have the same board as many of you and I'm getting stuck here. Anybody have a map of what BIOS options they have turned on?Thanks

BTW, all these great Bash scripts get stored somewhere???

Like HOW is anyone able to find when its not even possible to search the forum with only the letters p5k-e??

Shouldnt there be some kind of database for the solutions?? I feel a bit sorry fo the n00bs, there should just be BRAND: MB and the models who have scripts for them.

Or am I simply blind??? :)

I'm a noob...sort of. New to the osx86 stuff anyway.

Success!!

After a long few days.

1. Uphuck 1.4r3 didnt work, Jas10.4.8 with 10.4.9 updates did work

2. only Sata drives would work as install drives

3. could only start the dvd install from external USB dvd drive

4. cloning OS to other drives or partitions using CCC and Hatchery ended in an unbootable os on the destination, could'nt work out how to write a darwin bootloader into the mbr even after trying the guide. Ended up just re-installing with proper mbr partition setup. Not game to change that now.

5. Video is buggy. Will intermittantly boot into wrong screen arrangement or res or no second screen. Is natit v.02 better than natit universal?

6. Took me AGES to work out how to get to p5kefix.sh folder. Eventually just did it after 10.4.8 was finished by plonking it in my usr folder and running a console from desktop. Dont know why I tried to do it from a -s console before install. Spent hours on that one, trying to mount USB drives and the like.

7. Sound doesnt come up as internal but is available to apps and system sounds. Haven't tested yet cause I use RME pro card which all work fine with LogicPro7.2.3.

8. How and do I need to run the ProAppUpdate and also how do I get to the latest quicktime

9. Only one ethernet works, seems the Marvell is still not working.

10. Jmicron ide work, usb and firewire work, Samba works, Retrospect Client works

So really I just need to solve my video issues, Marvell and ProAppupdate questions.

Also why is my cpu registering only 1.8ghz in system info? Is this really what it's running at?

Thanks to all in this thead, hope I can contribute to the forum.

Thanks, guys!

I got p5k-e board and it works great with OSX.

one more thing...

with realtek usb wlan client utility, my wifi works fine, too.

try with this attached if you need.

Using "Gigabyte_ds3-4pack.1.2.dmg" selectively allowed me to activate two items. There are several packages included, some of which are for similar hardware.

• JMicron PATA/eSATA support was added by installing the package "Jmicron DS3-4 SATA-IDE fix for 10.4.8.pkg"

-PATA works flawlessly; have not tested eSATA, but it should work

• Installed "Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E8053.pkg" ... Then edited AppleYukon.kext, to change 8053 to 8056, and change dev id to 4364. This seems like a round-about way to do it, I think if you can get ahold of a 10.4.7 kext and edit it, it should work.

-Built in Gigabit LAN port works

Realtek_MacOS10.4_Universal_Driver_1.4.5_UI1.4.7.zip

Thanks, guys!

I got p5k-e board and it works great with OSX.

one more thing...

with realtek usb wlan client utility, my wifi works fine, too.

try with this attached if you need.

I've tried the realtek driver/utility several times with absolutely no luck. How did you get it to work?

whats up dudes! I just finished installing MAC OS X 10.4.9 Uphuck v1.3

on my GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3P

I used:

Intel 10.4.9

SSE3(1) Kernel

Patches: IOATAFAMILY.KEXT

Drivers: JMICRON, USB, AZALIA, REALTEK R1000, Intel Pro/100VG, NVIDIA TITAN

Everything works. Except for the SOUND, I am guessing there is no ALC889A Driver yet.

I am using it as I type.

Oh yeah. Sleep Works. At first i thought it turned off the computer. Then I moved the mouse and bam! Right back where I left it.

yep, i installed it from an SATA DVD-RW drive and installed it on SATA HDD. No Problems!

Hey CoolNerd

I noticed in your sig that you have a geforce 8600, you don't have it working with full resolution QE/CI do you? I'm looking at buying a new video card and sleep is usually dependant on the video card more then the mobo.

Thanks

ntdogg

How did you guys get the Bash script to work? It destroyed my OS X install the last time I tried it with p5K?Tried the bash again... and it bashed my install again.What are you guys doing here to get this working? How do I go back to my working extensions without having to re-install.

Khid, I tried replying to your PM but it says your inbox is full.

Can you tell me exactly what you did to get your P5K-E Working completely along with updating to 10.4.10?

Would be greatly appreciated.

hi.

so, the hardware I've got is this :

RAM : 2Gb Geil Ultra Low Latency 800Mhz 4-4-4-12 RAM

CPU : Intel CPU Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66GHz 1333FSB

MOBO: Asus Motherboard P5K-E/WIFI-AP Intel P35

GFX : Sparkle GF 7600GT 256Mb DDR3

HD1 : 250GB Western Digital Caviar SE16 SATA II 300 7200rpm 16MB cache

HD2 : 500GB Western Digital Caviar SE16 SATA II 300 7200rpm 16Mb cache

MON: Dell 2007WFP

CASE: Antec P150

I already had LG-GSA-4167B DVD writer that I stuck an IDE-SATA converter on. You have to do this as uphuck has no jmicron driver for the IDE built in.

I partitioned my 250Gb disk 4 ways, 3 50Gb partitions for different OSs and a 100Gb partition for data. The 500 Gb disk is all data. The mobo bios needed updating so that it recognised the CPU.

I formatted one of the 50Gb partitions as FAT32 and marked it active. Booted the machine with the uphuck 1.4i r2 DVD, converted the FAT32 partition to HFS, selected a couple of patches (the only one I think I needed was the Natit 0.2) and MacOS went straight on. Rebooted and used the F8 bios option to select which disk to boot from. Darwin came up and I selected MacOS and away it went. Booted up fine (even had the correct resolution for my monitor (1680x1050)) and logged me in and I found that networking and sound weren't working but I expected that. I used the asap18 script to get them going. To install, I unzipped it, opened a terminal and then ran it from there. Rebooted and it all seems to work fine. The only problem I've found so far is that I can't 'Wake from sleep'.

In terms of upgrading to 10.4.10, I downloaded the koolkal combo update and ran it. Made sure I'd checked the natit 0.2 patch again but I think that was about it. It updated and I had to reboot. It then rebooted itself again and after that, it's all been running fine.

One thing I did find useful was using Carbon Copy Cloner. Everytime I got something stable, I imaged the disk to my 500 gig partition as backup. Then, if anything went wrong (i tried to apple update to 10.4.10 and then manually patch. didn't work!) I just restored the image. Saved a lot of time!

hope it helps.

Matt

i'm not sure how it worked, it just works.

Just installed that driver and it worked.

sorry for not helpful.

here's my system.

e6750

p5k-e wifi

2g ram

geforce 7600gt

jas 10.4.8 ---> updated with koolkal version to 10.4.10

I've tried the realtek driver/utility several times with absolutely no luck. How did you get it to work?

Khid, I tried replying to your PM but it says your inbox is full.

hi.

so, the hardware I've got is this :

RAM : 2Gb Geil Ultra Low Latency 800Mhz 4-4-4-12 RAM

CPU : Intel CPU Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66GHz 1333FSB

MOBO: Asus Motherboard P5K-E/WIFI-AP Intel P35

GFX : Sparkle GF 7600GT 256Mb DDR3

HD1 : 250GB Western Digital Caviar SE16 SATA II 300 7200rpm 16MB cache

HD2 : 500GB Western Digital Caviar SE16 SATA II 300 7200rpm 16Mb cache

MON: Dell 2007WFP

CASE: Antec P150

I already had LG-GSA-4167B DVD writer that I stuck an IDE-SATA converter on. You have to do this as uphuck has no jmicron driver for the IDE built in.

I partitioned my 250Gb disk 4 ways, 3 50Gb partitions for different OSs and a 100Gb partition for data. The 500 Gb disk is all data. The mobo bios needed updating so that it recognised the CPU.

I formatted one of the 50Gb partitions as FAT32 and marked it active. Booted the machine with the uphuck 1.4i r2 DVD, converted the FAT32 partition to HFS, selected a couple of patches (the only one I think I needed was the Natit 0.2) and MacOS went straight on. Rebooted and used the F8 bios option to select which disk to boot from. Darwin came up and I selected MacOS and away it went. Booted up fine (even had the correct resolution for my monitor (1680x1050)) and logged me in and I found that networking and sound weren't working but I expected that. I used the asap18 script to get them going. To install, I unzipped it, opened a terminal and then ran it from there. Rebooted and it all seems to work fine. The only problem I've found so far is that I can't 'Wake from sleep'.

In terms of upgrading to 10.4.10, I downloaded the koolkal combo update and ran it. Made sure I'd checked the natit 0.2 patch again but I think that was about it. It updated and I had to reboot. It then rebooted itself again and after that, it's all been running fine.

One thing I did find useful was using Carbon Copy Cloner. Everytime I got something stable, I imaged the disk to my 500 gig partition as backup. Then, if anything went wrong (i tried to apple update to 10.4.10 and then manually patch. didn't work!) I just restored the image. Saved a lot of time!

hope it helps.

Matt

Thank you SO much for putting that here. My Inbox was suddenly filled over night lol.

So my problem was that I was using the JAS install and 10.4.9 updater. I'll have to follow your steps and do the uPhuck method instead to get it working. Good thing in foresight I got the uPhuck DVD and the same koolcal 10.4.10 updater.

You're a life-saver, thank you for detailing your steps.

Instead of Sata-to-IDE I think I'll go ahead and try to install upHuck from an external drive.

You had mentioned using uphuck 1.3, but does -v -s really work with that as well? Just trying to get to the installation screen here...

Here's where I'm at:

uphuck 1.4i r3 (i've looked at the readme from the DVD so I know its OK)

P5K Deluxe

E6300 @ 3.1ghz

2GB ram

8600GT

1x 250GB Samsung on red sata port1 (I actually have four drives, one with WinXP SP2, but I've pulled them all except for this one)

1x NEC DVDRW on the red sata port below it (using a Serillel SATA->IDE adapter)

ICH9's mode = AHCI

All onboard stuff is disabled (both lans, jmicron, audio, wireless, firewire, and serial)

USB is all Enabled (except for the emu setting)

Wireless Logitech LX700 keyboard/mouse attached to USB only

The HD has two partitions:

- front partition of 10gb formatted as FAT32 (I've also tried it as unallocated and as non-formatted)

- 100GB of unallocated space

- 130GB NTFS partition at the end of the drive (has data on it that I need)

AND that front FAT32 partition is set to Active using Windows Disk Management

When I boot up, I get the following: I've tried -v, -v -x, and -v -s, but they all get the same result:

HELP!!

post-128900-1187696889_thumb.jpg

WOW!!!!

FINALLY got it working!

what a treat...

only need ethernet and sound, which can wait til the morning.

runs smooth and fast and is utterly beautiful!

this procedure solved the issue of hanging on first reboot (i actually used uphuck v1.3 but this works as well)...thanks to OSX86tester for this one:

try rebooting then if you have the JAS dvd in. press f8 then type -v -s . then some text flies by. then type fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0

then you should see a fdisk: 1> then type PRINT, you will then see like partitiond and numbers. You will then select the partition IE im using partition 1. So you will Type flag 1 . then it should say partition 1 marked active. then you can quit then type reboot.

then darwin should load.

Wasn't there a package that someone had put together to fix the audio and lan on the P5K deluxe and premium? I am having a hard time finding it after a re-install.

It's a bash script, and it's in this thread

OK - a little bit closer now (see my post two up)...

I bought a USB2 external DVD drive and can now boot into the uphuck 1.4i r3 installer.

However - the Disk Utility is not seeing my HD. uphuck 1.2 DOES see my HD.

Any thoughts?

I had to make a custom extensions.mkext for r3, 1.2 is solid for us ICH9r people.

Basically use mkextunpack and kextcache to make a new one, edit the dvd and replace the old Extensions.mkext with it. It is difficult if you are new.

otherwise use 1.2.

AND yes my script works with the p5k-dlx/prem