Atheros AR5007EG, Who can help me?

Romil

97 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have an Acer Aspire 5315 using Leopard 10.5.4.(iATKOS 4i.iso) and Vista Ultimate

.In Vista under Device Manager it gives me an Atheros 5007EG but on another

hard Disk runing XP it displays Atheros 5006 so i did the following

1.Without installing Airport Update 2008-004 l use kext helper to install io80211family.kext (v.2.1.2)

2. After an restart l noticed that Airport turned on but yellow (No Network) I have tried at least 5

or 6 different versions of io80211family.kext but only version 2.1.2 loads properly and gives me

under System Profiler/Airport Card/ Airport Extreme (0x168c,0x428) and System Profiler/ Extensions

-AirPortAtheros v.3.1.5

-IO80211Family v.2.1.2

I noticed that the networkinterface.plist under /library/preferences/systemconfiguration is en1

If l delete all the mkext files and repair io80211family.kext permissions

(chmod -R 755 /system/library/extensions/io80211family.kext

chown -R root:wheel /system/extensions/io80211family.kext),

after the next restart the AirPortAtheros /IO80211Family are vanished!!!

3. So I tried the >-f< trick editing f to com.apple.boot.plist

from /Library /Preferences/SystemConfiguration/

as bellow

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key> Kernel Flags </key>

<string>-f</string>

4. Although it gave me kernel panic l rebooted as -v so l reboot again as root user

5.Then without Repair disk permission or repairing io80211family.kext permissions again or anything else

6.l started kismac went to preferences --> driver and add airport extreme passive mode --> Start scan

and after l see network detected, l close it .l went to the airport icon on the top right on my desktop

and my network was listed. I clicked on it

From System preferences/Network the Airport icon is green!!!!Surfing with safari the the wireless Lan LED is

always inactive like if it doesn't work?The only thing thats annoying is that l have to always start kismac.

IO80211Family_kext_v.2.1.2.zip

Atheros_5007EG_proof.zip

• 3 months later...

Hi

I couldn´t install the AirPort Extreme Update 2008-004... It say " it could only install with mac os 10.5.5"

What can i do now? I have an Fujitsu Siemens Esprimo U9200 with an Atheros 5007EG V_168C&DEV001C&SUBSYS_3067168C ...

Without the update, Kismac find nothing und didnt show an error...

Anybody idea?

greatz

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
I am a fish about Mac OS X, so I wonder if someone can help me with that Atheros AR5007EG.

All I want is to get it work.

I also got it working with Airport update from 2008 04 and IO80211Family.kext file patched via kext installers like Kext Helper or OSxTools on my Fujitsu Siemens ESPRIMO Mobile V5535, but I've to restart Kismac each time before using wifi, is there any solution to get it work normally?

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys!

I'm really happy to say that my Atheros AR5007EG is working! I'm typing on my laptop using it right now! Here's what i did:

1. Did a fresh install of Kalyway 10.5.2 on a new partition.

2. Updated to 10.5.3 using Kalyways update.

3. Went to their section on MediaFire, which you can find here: http://mediafire.com/osx86files

4. Downloaded the file "Atheros-AR5007.pkg.zip" and installed it.

5. Installed Kismac trunk r319

6. Went into Kismac preferences and selected "Apple Airport Extreme - Passive Mode"

7. Went to advanced tab and put "en0" in the bpf device

8. Clicked search and then.... It didn't work

9. Rebooted and tried again... It didn't work

10. Rebooted and tried again and... IT WORKED!!!

Oh, and don't forget don't update airport, or it won't work anymore!

I also attached the AR5007EG package: Atheros_AR5007.pkg.zip

Hope this helps you guys! :D

• 1 month later...

damn thanks i really hopes this works on ideneb 10.5.6 v1.4 going to try thank you going too do a clean install of osx now i had to reinstalll windows 7 just to get back online and research this card next imma be hunting for sound

• 3 months later...
To Aces, The AR5007 is a superb performer in my Acer notebook. I can sit outside in my garden at the very other side of my house and get a good signal with it.

Where the macbook has a usable signal and a powerbook none. It really has surprised me how good a reception it has / wireless link it creates. Must have good antennas too, I guess.

That said, it doesn't work with OS X and I am eager to find a solution for it in x86 with my Acer 5570z

I can't get wifi nor ethernet. JAS 10.4.8 & Uphuck v1.3 :D (no sound yet either)

Atheros AR5007EG wireless

Marvell Yukon 88E8038 PCI-E fast ethernet

Realtek High Definition sound

Select Azalia Audio