Dell Latitude D630 compatible?

76 posts in this topic

MacNeo,

If you are referring to the no QE/CI in Leopard there is no solution at the moment. People are working on the problem but to the best of my knowledge a solution has not yet been found.

errandwolfe,

I have a Dell Optiplex 745 with GMA3100 graphics. Leo ToH installed easy but no QE/CI of course. Do you know if GMA3100 & GMAX3100 are similar or the same? Are you trying to get kexts working for laptop or desktop?

oops- it's GMA 3000 not GMA3100.

D630 don't have the GMA X3100 but only GMA 3100...don't work at the moment :unsure:

965GMA AKA X3100 AKA GMA3100 AKA Crestline AKA SantaRosa.

post-42873-1195079142_thumb.png

Same card.. intel develop only a graphic chip for a generation of chipset.

on the table on this wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_GMA

GMA 3100 is associated with G31, Q33, Q35 G33 chipset

GMA X3100 is associated with GM965, GL960 chipset

the D630 have the crestline (GM965) chipset onboard.

post-42873-1195080200_thumb.png

X3100

post-42873-1195080503_thumb.png

the difference between HWID is possible on the "apple edition", but.. the tweaking IMHO is also possible.

i hope ! :P

LASTEDIT:

GPUz report a 667 clock for the vga (tipically GMA X3000), but i controlled the openGL support, is 1.5 (GMA X3100), previus card support only openGL 1.4.

The Dell Latitude D630 most definitely has the GMA X3100 NOT the GMA 3100. The excerpt below is directly from the technical specifications page on Dell's website.

ntel® Graphics Media Accelerator X3100 (Up to 256MB shared2)

The GMA X3100 graphics core is an intelligent and responsive graphics engine built into the chipset that is on the motherboard. This integration provides incredible visual quality, faster graphics performance and flexible display options

Page can be found at:

http://www.dell.com/content/products/produ...=biz&cs=555

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I have a D630 with a slightly different problem. It's has:

• Processor: T7300 Dual Core @ 2GHz
  • Video: Intel X3100
  • Memory: 2gb
  • Hard Drive: 120gb (Presumedly SATA)
  • Network: Integrated NIC
  • Modem: Integrated Modem
  • WiFi: Wireless 360 card (with Bluetooth integrated)
  • Optical: DVD-RW Rewritable
  • Battery: Ext. life 9-cell

When I boot Tiger 10.4 I can get Darwin to load (grey screen) and all looks fine until I go to select a volume for installation. There are no volumes listed to install to. I automatically theorized that this was because the hard drive is SATA, and MacOS doesn't support SATA (or my version of SATA). Is my theory correct?

Anomaly0617

Hi!

I'm newbie here.. I have D630 (2ghz/sigmatel 9205/broadcom/nvs135m/wifi 1490).. I tried JaS 10.4.8 first and I got sound working! But i was very excited about Leopard so I installed ToH RC2 and installation was almost without any problem.. I also tried EFI 5.1 and it was working fine!

But in Leopard I can't get my ethernet card working, soundcard as well..

wifi works out of the box..

I don't have any drivers for nvs135m but it's not big suprise.. i hope that one day..... :P

but i would like to get working at least the sound and the lan.. any solution out there please?

• 2 weeks later...

I have something similar but I have gone to lengths to make the hardware as compatible as possible.

My display is only GMA950 and I have also gone to purchase/swap to a Dell Wireless 1490 i think for wireless compatibility.

So the only thing I think is NOT working is the Dell Truemobile 360 bluetooth (2.1+EDR specs). Dell 355, 350 and 300 bluetooth based on the older 2.0 spec seems to be working flawlessly.

Any one can confirm that the Truemobile 360 bluetooth is indeed working to some extent??? Any kexts availability?

This is based on a broadcomm chipset I believe (Dell 360 bluetooth)

Jeff,

Unfortunately with 10.4.x you are never going to be able to move beyond VESA video. The AppleIntelGMAX3100 kexts are dependent on the Leo kernel to load.

To my knowledge no one has been successful yet getting either Audio or LAN to work or either Tiger or Leo.

I was succesfull with Audio in Tiger (JaS 10.4.8).. it was under VMware.. i tried to install JaS yeasterday w/o VMware but I wasn't succesfull... i wasn't able to load install screen.. so maybe I try to install JaS under VMware today..

but i've never seen my bluetooth or LAN working.. :D

but I'm so happy that I have QE/CI with nvs135m :)

Please tell me what bios settings yall are using.. i keep getting a acpi panic?.. only disk that booted up is jas 10.4.8, i all the kalyway releases and i cant even get into the installer screen.i have a d630 with nvidia quadro card, 2gb ramwtf.... i rebooted 3 times leting it panic, on the 3rd time it boots...... wierd....

Guys (and girls) I am curious....Why are you all installing 10.4.x? One of the most critical components (at least IMHO) is accelerated video. That is something you will absolutely never have on 10.4.x, the GMA X3100 kexts simply won't run on anything besides Leo due to kernel dependencies.

I really think that if everyone who has a D630 gets one the same page and we can work together then maybe we can get things like our sound and LAN working.

Please, again this is just my opinion, this is not an attack against anyone, just making a suggestion.

Please tell me what bios settings yall are using.. i keep getting a acpi panic?.. only disk that booted up is jas 10.4.8, i all the kalyway releases and i cant even get into the installer screen.i have a d630 with nvidia quadro card, 2gb ramwtf.... i rebooted 3 times leting it panic, on the 3rd time it boots...... wierd....

I have A04.. When do you get acpi panic? I'm getting panic after trying applehda patcher in leo (when i boot with -legacy I'm not getting it).. it's strange, i can't boot jas anymore.. and i killed my vista installation yesterday probably because gparted (maybe osx?) changed my drive letters.. i didn't have any problem with Leo - ToH RC2 (with efi v5) and iAtkos (w/o efi)..

and I don't know but I think that the sound card wasn't working with anything like applehda patcher.. I think that JaS is using something different..

Guys (and girls) I am curious....Why are you all installing 10.4.x? One of the most critical components (at least IMHO) is accelerated video. That is something you will absolutely never have on 10.4.x, the GMA X3100 kexts simply won't run on anything besides Leo due to kernel dependencies.

I really think that if everyone who has a D630 gets one the same page and we can work together then maybe we can get things like our sound and LAN working.

Please, again this is just my opinion, this is not an attack against anyone, just making a suggestion.

i am just trying my assortment of disk.. i have kalyway 10.5.1 with efi , i got it to boot once, i keep getting acpiosfree panics.. after i reboot a couple times it will boot to installer, installer runs fine.. panic upon reboot..

i guess ill try another distro of 10.5

btw my bios is A05

Leo 10.5.1 EFI_V8 working on D630

Used: KALYWAY iso

BIOS Setting: SATA-AHCI, USB Emulation enabled, all good stuff enabled.

Video: nVidia Quadro NVS 135M-Working using 10.5.2_NVkexts-download today. :D

Audio: SigmaTel 9205-NOT working. :(;)

Wifi: Dell 1390-Working out of the box

Ethernet: Broadcomm NetXtreme 57xx-NOT Working :)

Please advice on how to fix my not working hardware. Thank you.

I used iAtkos r2 efi_v8.. it didn't boot properly after install so I tried to boot it with cpus=1.. the second boot after install I didn't have to use cpus=1, it boots with 2 cores now.. so I need to fix sound, ethernet and bluetooth..

QE/CI is working with 10.5.2, but on the other side video is little bit laggy and the result in xbench or opengl extension viewer is really low.. maybe it's due to beta kexts maybe not..

Maccuriios1: can you try to run Xbench 1.3 (xbench.com) and post here all the results detailed? :D