My Experience With UpChuck's 10.4.9 Update DVD With Pics

13 posts in this topic

Part 1: The Download

The Download Was Vey Easy* To Find and It was Super-Fast Do To Lots Of Seeds. Left It Going Overnight And When It Was Ready When I Woke Up

Part 2: Burning

Not Much To Say About This, I Changed The .CDR Extension To .ISO And It Burned Fine. (Yes I was Told To Change The Extension, I Didn't Just Do it)

Part 3: Installing

post-99676-1179100965_thumb.jpg

My Disk

post-99676-1179100990_thumb.jpg

Insertion

post-99676-1179101068_thumb.jpg

Booting...&.Booting

post-99676-1179101116_thumb.jpg

Darwin Boot Menu

post-99676-1179101172_thumb.jpg

Lots Of Code, Makes You Think :whistle:

post-99676-1179101252_thumb.jpg

Signs Of Hope

post-99676-1179101319_thumb.jpg

Loading Install

post-99676-1179101345_thumb.jpg

Thank The Devs

post-99676-1179101443_thumb.jpg

I Like Things My Way, All The Time :dev:

post-99676-1179101499_thumb.jpg

Installing :)

post-99676-1179101526_thumb.jpg

Oh No, :help::turbin::whistle:

Part 4: Try, Try Again

As A Matter of Fact I Did Try To Reinstall And No Good Outcome, Unforunately.

Part 5: Overall

I Was Very Excited About This Release Even Thought I Really Didn't Need 10.4.9. I Hope This Will Give A Little Information. I Love Testing This Project And It Is Very Fun

Enjoy,

Scott

P.S: Make Sure To Check Out My Other Threads:

Trade My New Vista Key For An AppleTV

AppleTV Release For PC?

*Must Have A Demonoid.com Account.

You know I am beginning to think this may be a bogus release. In the other thread tracking this distro the only positive reports seem to be from people with under 10 posts. I find it hard to believe that guru's with 200 plus posts can't get this working while newb's who seem to have come out of the wood work and writing glowing reports of this distro. Would be nice to see someone with a history on insanelymac review this distro....Not to discount Microsoft_Whiz, good step by step evaluation on your part.

You know I am beginning to think this may be a bogus release. In the other thread tracking this distro the only positive reports seem to be from people with under 10 posts. I find it hard to believe that guru's with 200 plus posts can't get this working while newb's who seem to have come out of the wood work and writing glowing reports of this distro. Would be nice to see someone with a history on insanelymac review this distro....Not to discount Microsoft_Whiz, good step by step evaluation on your part.

I guess it depends mostly on your experience in installing and fiddling with the OS itself. To me it worked flawlessly (only had to replace a kext), probably because I was running it on a previous supported Intel platform on all other versions I tried (.6, .7, .8 etc.). I also noticed that some of the posts concerning difficulties were from people with little or no experience around osx86 installation and configuration. Call it free publicity if you want, but with my gear it worked (Asrock ICH5-865G, Nvidia 5200, Celeron D)! On par with a Tubgirl release...

Tried it once on a machine that works perfectly with 10.4.8 upgraded to .9

Selected same options for install, same kernel

Got the same error like first poster, Try again and then kernel panic on trying to boot from the HD

Tried again & this time did not select any applications, only Intel, Universal kernel 2 & remove acpi extensions

Done that on newly formatted drive with MBR option

Worked with no problems

sebus

Mac Os X : Uphuck 10.4.9 UB 1.2

Motherboard: UNKNOW

Prossesor: UNKNOW

Memory: UNKNOW

HDD: UNKNOW

Grapics: UNKNOW

Sound: UNKNOW

How could he install his black box?

Somebody know that?

Just skip over.......

Microsoft, MAC OSX is not same as Microsoft Windows.

• 4 weeks later...