Any Unreal Tournament games working?

macgirl

46 posts in this topic

• 4 weeks later...

i'm using my gma900 video card now, because of iWorks problems etc. But UT installation crashes after i enter my serial... :)

well, ok, i've downloaded them, but where should i point that patch??? i don't have any UT installed! it crashes after i enter a sn... :angry:

• 1 month later...

probably not because of it being programmed for a completely different os. and as far as i know theres no Mac/pc edition out there like there is for example for wow...

• 2 months later...

Just browsing this thread and I don't know why New001 doesn't realize this Geforce card doesn't have 3d acceleration. You need an ATI card, more specifically, a X1600 card or something close.

Don Luca I would saw the GMA950 since on Windows 2k4 ran like ass on onslaught levels with some cards so that card MIGHT be choking. What are your specs?

They are listed in my signature... :)

BTW...

I have a Celeron D 336 2.8 Ghz with EMT64 (useless).

512 Mb DDR @ 533 Mhz

GMA 950 with 128 Mb shared

Maxtor SATA-2 160 Gb

Everything is mounted on a MSI 945GM2-F.

I've read that UT2004 runs very good on other hackintosh with the GMA 950 and on Mac Mini and MacBooks (not pro).

I'm planning to get a Pentium D 930 and a x1600.

However... the first thing I'll try is exchanging the Celeron D with the Pentium D.

If UT2004 runs fine on GMA950, then I don't think I'll buy the x1600.

P.S.: I've tried using my Radeon 9550 256 Mb as well, but nothing changed.

...I don't think that putting another 512 Megs will boost my performance...

I've set the GMA950 as 128 Mb fixed... and the game should go smooth and only swap sometime. At least this is my experience with windows.

Maybe is the processor... because guys who have the most basic MacBook with 512 Mb play it without a hitch. the only difference between my config and a MacBook is the processor.

BTW, I was already planning to get another 512 Megs, especially for Rosetta apps like Word and Photoshop.

Thanks for your effort!

• 5 months later...
2k4? No thanks. The real question is how soon can someone make a Univeral Binary launcher for the original UT.

I second that. There was something about the original UT that just was more fun than the ones that followed.

Too bad someone isn't planning to make a UB for intel macs. :(

• 2 weeks later...