Broadcom 570x and 575x

ohpossum

936 posts in this topic

Installed Driver and my Netxtreme is now detected , however, it does not detect there being a cable plugged in even though the cable is plugged in. If anybody knows how to solve this problem your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks :guitar:!

Didn't work for me, I entered the device id (1677) in the plist and entered it into the ionetworking kext and moved it into my extensions folder then root :wheeled and owned it, but still nothing. my intergrated ethernet is still greyed out.

please i am gonna get crazied.please help me abaut kext edit or add info to info.plist

i am in the exact same boat, i dont know what to enter into the info.plist file or more importantly WHERE to enter it, could someone help? ive been searching the forums for a while too. even a link would be ok with me :D thanx

o and heres my info:

ven: 14e4

dev: 165d

someone PLEASE help, ive run out of things to do until i get my LAN card working, my problem is that i dont know where in the info.plist file to input my devID and venID. i kow the format, i think the sentry should be:

<string>0x14e4165d</string>

but i have NO idea WHERE it should be placed.

if you would rather i email you the file so you can paste it in the right place ill be glad to do that i just need internet on my OSX transvestite laptop.

I have a broadcom 5702 and I can't get it work...I know it doesn't work out of the box, but the patches I've tried have yet to work... Anyone know how to do it and be willing to help??? Dude, I'm totally using 10.4.4 and I can't get networking to work. any ideas? I've patched kexts but get an error about IOPCIFamily...asus p4g8x-deluxe mobo

Any updates on this? I've got a GX620 with a broadcom 57xx(pci14e4,1677), I'm still unable to configure this interface. Tried changing 0x37339 - 3733a from 59 16 to 77 16 and added my 1677 string to info.plist. Still no change.

AppleBCM5701Ethernet:4111cf01 669955aa CheckNVRam -- nvram does not start with magic constant

:: 0 0 getAdapterInfo - init/sanity check of nvram failed

:: 0 0 start - getAdapterInfo failed, giving up

It's sad, the patched DVD install went flawlessly on this GX620, boot to DVD install! Alas, no network is a killer, and this 620 is a low profile, and I've got no low profile cards lying around.

You can find it at /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext/Contents/info.plist

To look inside the IONetworkingFamily.kext and AppleBCM5701Ethernet, right-click(control-click on a single button mouse) and select Show Package Contents. The PCI ID listed by XP should be correct, as this is a physical characteristic of the card/chipset, and thus isn't OS dependent.

tinhead --

please help!

i have a Dell D610 with Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller.

i added the following (in BOLD) to the Info.plist:

<key>IONameMatch</key>

<array>

----

----

----

<string>pci14e4,1677</string>

</array>

i did all the stuff you said, but no luck. do i need to use hexeditor? if so, what do i patch?

Change/Add device into the Info.plist ( still needed, if this not help you must patch with hexeditor my kext )

thanks

the vinyl avenger

Works great on my Dell M170 with 570x. However , I invariably lose it on reboot. It's happen like 4 times now and it's getting annoying. How hard is it to get a driver to stay put and load on startup everytime. It's got to be something simple yeah? I don't suppose repairing the disk permissions will do anything. I just tried that and it says it repaired the permissions, hopefully in the correct way, not whatever it changes on reboot..

This is in 10.4.5 btw..

edit: seems to have worked after one reboot. fingers crossed that was it..

Im still looking for this driver everyones talking about but no luck :thumbsdown_anim:

I have the BCM5750A1 Broadcom NetXtreme 5750 Gigabit Controller but im not sure if its pci14e4,1677 or pci1462,0536 anyways i tried everything but i dont get my ethernet :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I also have the Intel 82562 EZ Pro Lan chip on my MSI 925X Neo board but its also not working.

Okay! I think I have bad news for some!

Inspired by tinhead I disassembled the AppleBCM5701.kext to get my BCM5750A1 (devID 0x1677) to work. So I patched all checks for "bad" nvram away. But than the driver can't initialize the card correctly. Instead it reports transmission errors and says network down.

I don't think with simply bruteforce-patching all checks away we get newer cards to runs! Very sad!!!

So, anyone wants to port the driver from Linux? :D

blah ...

<snip>

Patching with Hexeditor :

-Expample, device id 169c ( bcm 5788 )

-patch on hex 37336 from "66 81 FA 59 16" to "66 81 FA 9C 16".

Thats all. I will patch the 10.4.4 drivers too, but currently try to run the 10.4.3

Can someone explain how I run the hexeditor (I could not find it on my machine) and also what I should be editing the hex to be?

My card details are

Product Type : Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet

device id = 167D

VENDOR 14E4

Any idea?

No luck here.

I've got an Acer Aspire 1800 that has an onboard Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit VEN_14e4 DEV_169c that has been confirmed to work earlier in this thread.

I have added the <string>pci14e4,169c</string> to the Info.plist

And I have hexedited line 37336 from "66 81 FA 59 16" to "66 81 9C 16" the file in the MAC folder

Then I ran the earlier posted commands from 'sudo -s' onwards and rebooted.

But I still can't see it in OSX. Anything I can double check?

Anyone else getting this at boot:

Nov 28 01:37:10 localhost kernel[0]: AppleBCM5701Ethernet: 0 0 InitNVRam - found non-5701 with serial eeprom or unbuffered flash

Nov 28 01:37:10 localhost kernel[0]: AppleBCM5701Ethernet: 0 0 getAdapterInfo - init/sanity check of nvram failed

Nov 28 01:37:10 localhost kernel[0]: AppleBCM5701Ethernet: 0 0 start - getAdapterInfo failed, giving up

AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext is loading, but something about the actual hardware is not jiving. Any ideas?

op

Is this from the System Log? I have done all the recommended things but I don't see anything at all in the log about my broadcom adapter

blah ...

copy my modyfied extension into the /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins

Change/Add device into the Info.plist ( still needed, if this not help you must patch with hexeditor my kext )

then run

sudo -s

cd /

cd /System/Library/Extensions/

ln -s IONetworkingFamily.kext com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily.kext

rm /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions

kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions

and reboot.

Patching with Hexeditor :

Thats all. I will patch the 10.4.4 drivers too, but currently try to run the 10.4.3

I did exactly all of this, copied the kext into the Plugins folder as well as the /System/Library/Extensions folder, tried to load the AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext as root and it loaded successfully but my network card does not show up in the network setup box. Also when I restart the pc it doesn't automaticaly load the module.

What am I doing wrong ?

I am having trouble understanding his directions on patching the kext. I am running 1.4.3 with a netXtreme 5751 id: 0x14 e4 16 54. I do not know what to substitude in the hex editor. Basically I do not understand how he converts:

Can anyone tell me what I have to substitute or tell me how to covert my deviceid. I would appreciate it. I would also appreciate the dashing of my hopes. Is the 5751 compatible at all on 10.4.3? Any success or failure. It's driving my nuts, having to switch OS's to check forums for help.

I already did some patching and this is what I currently get:

Apr 9 19:52:47 localhost kernel[0]: AppleBCM5701Ethernet: 1 1659 setPowerLevels - returning early, have a 5721. onoff=, fPciDeviceId=

Apr 9 19:52:47 localhost kernel[0]: AppleBCM5701Ethernet: 0 0 InitNVRam - found non-5701 with serial eeprom or unbuffered flash

Apr 9 19:52:47 localhost kernel[0]: IOPCCard info: Intel PCIC probe: not found.

Apr 9 19:52:47 localhost kernel[0]: IOPCCardBridge::start failed

Apr 9 19:52:47 localhost kernel[0]: AppleBCM5701Ethernet: 0 0 getAdapterInfo - init/sanity check of nvram failed

Apr 9 19:52:47 localhost kernel[0]: AppleBCM5701Ethernet: 0 0 start - getAdapterInfo failed, giving up

Any suggestions how to fix this?

Thanks.

I am so glad to hear this news, but I can not access http://win2osx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2380, anybody can send me the Broadcom driver for me? many thanks!!

my email: ttxno@126.com or resetu@hotmail.com

I'm using 10.4.5 now and the network ist not functioning. :(

Can i get a copy of the patch too? vandyjay AT gmail.com

The link provided above is not working.

Thanks a lot.

Edit: I just found the answer in this thread: http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?showtopic=8162

The method posted by humanmx has both instructions and the file needed to fix the network problem related to Broadcom 5701 type cards.

BTW, my card is identified by venderid: 14e4, device id: 1696. Those id#'s were identified in the info.list file in patched DVD but doesn't work.