10.4.9 Combo-Update for 945 Chipsets out by koolkal

Mousse-T

17 posts in this topic

You must try this installer, after trying 2 packages available,,,and double kernel results, this one works for me, it reads very well the system profiler, now it show correct number of cores, must better, my pentium D is now a core duo 3ghz ;)

Thanks a lot to koolkal and all, that make this working, finder is now 10.4.7, just like my macbook

post-9796-1174539257_thumb.png

Yeah, just the sound and its not a big issue around the forum, just replaced the 2 audio related kext files, repair permission, deleted the 2 kext cache files and BOOM restart... I got a 1049 with 891 kernel with no double kernel panic....

I still have problems with my Intel Core T2050. System corectly recognizes processor even i disable core function (he still shows Core Duo - not Core Sole) but system works stable only when i disable dual core. When i enable it he hangs or can't boot :) I think that Core Duo isn't full compatible just like Core 2 Duo or maybe i'm wrong.

Installation on ASRock 775i945GZ (i945+GMA950). CPU was a Celeron D336. Used the 8.9.1 Kernel.

I installed the update and everything worked flawlessly, after reboot System Profiler showed me 4Ghz Core Solo instead of my Celeron D336, but hey, I can live with that. Sound had to be reinstalled, worked.

BIGGEST PROBLEM: Intel GMA950 support. System Profiler shows everything correctly, CI/QE suppoerted, Device was also shown correctly, GMA950. But here's the thing, in Quicktime I get only a white screen, no matter which format, VLC shows the Movie but the sound is stuttering.

Anyone with the same Problem? Btw, under 10.4.7 everything worked.

I've just installed koolkal 10.4.9 upgrade over a 10.4.8 installation and it messed it all up, when I start my computer with verbose mode it keeps throwing coreservices errors, till I get bored and shut it down, and when I booth on non verbose mode she gives me a shutdown screen right afterwards and hangs there... Any ideas for recovery?

kaly: Really, thanks for ur help! (fsb=133 did it)

I also used Software Update to install Apple Quicktime 7.1.5, now everthing works, movies where shown as before and no sound stuttering at all. And man, I got a serious speedboost with Kernel 8.9.1.

Awesome, thanks to all of you :-)

If you miss the option like SSE2 SSE3 etc on "About the Mac" System-Profiler.

Go and get the Colonel's System-Profiler Patch. You can check your option in the Terminal via: sysctl -a ;

look for the CPU Part.

You should always try to set the right FSB, or your system , sounds works not fine.

or get the new mach_kernel_10.4.9_autofsb on irc. *works great!*

• 1 month later...

Hi There

I installed this on top of my Jas 10.4.8 install. Everything has worked perfectly except for audio. I am using an Intel GTPLKR motherboard I think its sigmatel 9220.... how do I resolve this?

Which kexts do I replace?

Where do I get them?

Tim

• 2 weeks later...

A tip for those with Intel D945GNT MB:

I have an Intel D945GNT with P4 3.00GHz

3GB DDR2 RAM

Soundblaster USB

Just purchased a Sonnet Presto Gigabit PCI NIC

Runs beautifully with 10.4.7 JaS Repack with kookal 10.4.9 Update and Sonnet Gigabit NIC detected as built-in ethernet running 1000BaseT FD.

:)

However, NIC will not detect with JaS 10.4.8 AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2.iso + JaS.10.4.9.Combo.Update.Intel.SSE3

:thumbsup_anim: