alright, i need 10 people..

24 posts in this topic

it's to determine the frequency with which numbers will come up in a random setting against the laws of probability

the numbers 1 - 15 are placeholders for other randomly selected numbers, so i can measure the rate of occurance in 2 different ways.. first with the 1-15, then again for the numbers they represent

I could encrypt them if you like... ? :)

none of them will be truly random tho. we're all influenced by our subconcious in the numbers we choose. similarly, computer-generated random numbers are only pseudo-random.

:censored2:

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I was going to say something to the effect that if you're attempting to disprove some sort of mathematical model of probability, you need truly random numbers.

Actually there is a new process for generating trully random(actually chaotic is a more accurate word if you know anything about fractal math etc etc) numbers that doesnt reqiure a super computer. they place VERY sesnative thermometer on the processor and take the .0001th degree and attach some math to it. that way there is not internal calculation to be influence by clock cycles.

cool huh?

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I was going to say something to the effect that if you're attempting to disprove some sort of mathematical model of probability, you need truly random numbers.

Yea, mine are all prime numbers. :P

so..if people before say you the numbers, reads the previous post..not become the experiment useless, cause the all the numbers except the 1st one..are not trully random, no?

Our brain may view, in a not concience state, the others number, and response with a..diferent output, ...what the hell, i'm not doctor, but i think that is a correct theory no?

There's my number's in any case