Is Titan really a one-stop solution?

jhonny0099

13 posts in this topic

I've tried a few game demos on my hackintosh. Quake 4 graphics run decent, but no sound because I don't have OpenAL. I have a good Geforce 6600GT with Titan.kext, but I'm getting extremely poor performance in other (older) games (Call of Duty 2, Halo, etc).

I'm wondering if Titan is missing some elements of a true Nvidia driver. Am I supposed to install a natit driver before titan? Is Titan supposed to run as a "team" with natit, or are they the same thing? It seems like some games are not fully utilizing my card, and look like they're runnig in software mode. Is Titan missing proper OpenGL API? I don't understand why Quake4 would run well and not others.

Any ideas?

i get decent performance from halo (ub), settings are 'pixel + shaders' mode, detail objects unchecked, fsaa off, lens flare low, model detail high res: 1024x768. Never really checked the frame rates, but i can play it fine. my video card is a lowly geforce 6500.

• 4 weeks later...

You have got to remember that theses driver are hacked, Nvidia dont even have any official drivers for OS X so dont expect the optimizations to be as much as Windows or even Linux. I've found UT2004/Doom3 play better in Linux. Also 1080p trailers get slight slowness randomly so the drivers are not optimized as much as they could be.

You have got to remember that theses driver are hacked, Nvidia dont even have any official drivers for OS X so dont expect the optimizations to be as much as Windows or even Linux. I've found UT2004/Doom3 play better in Linux. Also 1080p trailers get slight slowness randomly so the drivers are not optimized as much as they could be.

EDIT: Duplicate post for some reason, sorry.

The drivers arent hacked at all actually they are origonal untouched apple drivers

Edited by curlyboy

i used to have a Pentium D 940 with 2GB of RAM, and a 7600GT.

the video is so slow , that i had hard time to play Warcraft3

what kind of video? do you try VLC player?

As for W3, do you update the latest patch which is UB (Universal Binary). I run W3(with the latest patch) about the same speed as in winxp. Btw, my pc rig is PD 2.66Ghz with 768mb RAM only and with Nvidia6800XT. Since my rig can play smoothly, i don't think yours had a big problem :hysterical:

what kind of video? do you try VLC player?

As for W3, do you update the latest patch which is UB (Universal Binary). I run W3(with the latest patch) about the same speed as in winxp. Btw, my pc rig is PD 2.66Ghz with 768mb RAM only and with Nvidia6800XT. Since my rig can play smoothly, i don't think yours had a big problem :wacko:

i mean, when i play WC3, i had to turn the details down just to have decent framerate in game. i don't know why it lags alot. it takes long to load than in windows too.

I have a MSI NEo with 945G Chipset(can be 945p, can't remember)