Attention All Oink Members

21 posts in this topic

from dec 22 to jan 1. downloading will not affect your ratio although uploading will still help your ratio.

I dont know about you but this will be a good time to convert my whole itunes setup to Apple Lossless.

:P :pirate2: :pirate2: :pirate2: :pirate2: :pirate2: :pirate2: :pirate2: :pirate2: :pirate2: :pirate2:

since ipod doesnt take flac i convert flac to ALAC (apple lossless .m4a) with something called XLD. Its pretty awesome to have such high quality songs.

I use v0 for the ipod, its lossy, but it saves alot of space and i cant tell the difference, oh, and if you use the rockbox ipod firmware then you can use flac and those other file formats.

max

I use v0 for the ipod, its lossy, but it saves alot of space and i cant tell the difference, oh, and if you use the rockbox ipod firmware then you can use flac and those other file formats.

max

Check Hydrogen Audio, they even recommend v2 for portable audio devices. Yes, the most extreme audiophiles admit they can't tell the difference between v0 and v2. Saves a good deal of space. Oh, and use vbr-new! :thumbsup_anim:

and again i say http://www.rockbox.org/ give that a try, then you wont have to convert your library

and sHARD>> im surprised they cant tell the difference between V0 and V2, but i just stick with V0 because even though i cant tell the difference, it is good to keep as close to lossless as possible (but i only have a mini gen 1 so i have to use some sort of lossy format ;) )

this is awesome. rockbox owns and now i set my theme as aqua with the default osx desktop. Iphone pshhhhhhhhhhh! :dev:

COOL!!! ive never used rockbox, i may give it a go ;)

http://www.rockbox-themes.org/ btw, for anyone else whos interested for the themes (the actual link to rockbox is in a previous post :pirate2: )