[pre-release] macOS Sonoma

1,844 posts in this topic

On 8/25/2023 at 11:04 AM, CloverLeaf said:

PS - Does anybody know if I can boot Sonoma from nvme plugged into the Pci slot of the MB ? I checked the manual (Asus Maximus VIII Gene) but no info is provided about such scenario. I have spare nvme's that I want to use for test. It's unconvenient to remove the GPU and replace the nvme everytime since I have only one m.2 pcie slot. 

Just to confirm that I was able to clean install MacOS Sonoma Beta 6 to a brand new WD SN770 1TB hooked on PCIe NVME Adapter AND BOOT from it without any problems. System is blazing fast and the NVME never exceeds 45'C under load. Thanks for the help!

• Like 8

7 hours ago, CloverLeaf said:

Just to confirm that I was able to clean install MacOS Sonoma Beta 6 to a brand new WD SN770 1TB hooked on PCIe NVME Adapter AND BOOT from it without any problems. System is blazing fast and the NVME never exceeds 45'C under load. Thanks for the help!

I boot and use Sonoma installed on NVME/PCIe adaptor an Ivy Bridge rig.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

I boot and use Sonoma installed on NVME/PCIe adaptor an Ivy Bridge rig.

Impressive! Did you modify the BIOS ? I sold my Ivy Bridge hack (Gigabyte Z77X-D3H + i7 3770K + GTX 770) with a fresh install of Mojave 10.14.2 (mid december 2018). Worked rock solid back then but never tried m.2 drives on it.

2 hours ago, CloverLeaf said:

Impressive! Did you modify the BIOS ? I sold my Ivy Bridge hack (Gigabyte Z77X-D3H + i7 3770K + GTX 770) with a fresh install of Mojave 10.14.2 (mid december 2018). Worked rock solid back then but never tried m.2 drives on it.

BIOS mod. Included NVME driver, updated other drivers, ME update........ Usual....... :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

All good here. OS is rock solid. Love it! :) I bought cheap RX 570 4GB for testing my Skylake rig but I am lazy enough so I just applied the OCLP and postponed it for the next week :D 

image.jpeg.4d851484ab25914ffe4787f014a3f0fb.jpeg

Edited by CloverLeaf
  • Like 7

The release will Probably be out in a couple of weeks anyway.

I Wait till then.

Have A New Toy To Try It On A SFF Dell

• Like 2

1 hour ago, STLVNUB said:

The release will Probably be out in a couple of weeks anyway.

I Wait till then.

Have A New Toy To Try It On A SFF Dell

Yup they're gonna announce it on September 12 and the next release will be the RC i guess.

• Like 3