[Release] macOS Ventura 13.3.1

Anto65

65 posts in this topic

Bad news with 13.3.1.

First sleep/wake I got deep lags of the system.

Next sleep didn't finalised I waited for an hour.

Every update apple erased my Python 2 framework but I need it!

Library not loaded: /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/Python
Referenced from: <96CAD5DE-C6C3-36F7-8BEF-5C0122A139AD> /Applications/0App/*/Hopper Disassembler.app/Contents/MacOS/Hopper Disassembler

I have to add it manually after each OS update.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

It appears that the Apple Watch unlock feature now seems to be working somehow after having applied the Ventura 13.3.1 upgrade. Would appreciate a low down on what one should expect when that feature is actually activated.

I experience the following:

1. When I boot the machine I end up at the login screen and require to type my password to access the Desktop

2. When the screensaver is configured with "require password" set, getting back to Desktop, once the screensaver has kicked in, requires one to type ones password, without a screensaver password set, one gets straight back to the Desktop.

3. When I wake the machine from sleep with a keypress or mouse click and the watch is on my wrist I am taken straight, to the Desktop without having to type in my password.

4. When I wake the machine from sleep with a keypress or mouse click without wearing my watch and the watch not being in close proximity to Ventura, I require to type my password in order to reach the Desktop.

The above are the only use cases, 4 of them, that I can think off, should I have missed some I would appreciate to learn what they are.

Also wandering wether what I am experiencing is actually correct.

Greetings Henties

Edited by Henties
  • Like 1

@Slice

Maybe. Sata (and old) Pata DVDs. I have read somewhere (don’t find the site) about AHCI errors when using DVD on latest Ventura. 
MacRumors has a post in the macOS 13 Ventura on Unsupported Macs Thread asking about this but no response. Post 4646. Page 186. 

Edited by miliuco

1 hour ago, miliuco said:

@Slice

Maybe. Sata (and old) Pata DVDs. I have read somewhere (don’t find the site) about AHCI errors when using DVD on latest Ventura. 
MacRumors has a post in the macOS 13 Ventura on Unsupported Macs Thread asking about this but no response. Post 4646. Page 186. 

I don't know Bro, I tested my old DVD player on my system running Ventura 13.4 Beta (22F5027f) after someone posted about the AHCI errors.

Just to see if I could induce the same errors mentioned in the post but I did not encounter any such problems. They reported they encountered errors at Boot-up and Shut down but I didn't see any of that on my system.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, eSaF said:

I don't know Bro, I tested my old DVD player on my system running Ventura 13.4 Beta (22F5027f) after someone posted about the AHCI errors.

Just to see if I could induce the same errors mentioned in the post but I did not encounter any such problems. They reported they encountered errors at Boot-up and Shut down but I didn't see any of that on my system.

I second that motion. No AHCI errors linked to DVD drive reported on my end. (MacPro 7,1)

Edited by Ellybz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Ellybz said:

I second that motion. No AHCI errors linked to DVD drive reported on my end. (MacPro 7,1)

Bro thanks for also confirming my findings at your end.

• Like 1

@Rocky12 and others please excuse my misleading post above on the DVD Player issue, I again attached my old LG Player, and checked the Boot/Logs and indeed saw the errors reported.

In saying that, I have to concede there is a problem between Ventura and these units although I didn't see any artefacts on the Boot or Shutdown Screens and as far as I can tell, the player performs as normal in operation in minimal tests.

Screenshot 2023-04-09 at 12.24.01.png

• Like 5