[Release] macOS Ventura 13.3.1

Anto65

59 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Rocky12 said:

I am not debugging expert but really want to know what that is or how to trace error 0xe0030005

Same here my friend, beats me as well and way above my limited knowledge.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rocky12 said:
@eSaFOh, c'mon man don't take it so serious, this is the way how we learn

Sorry Bro at my age the few brain cells I have left I use to figure out which leg to put first in my pants without falling over. :hysterical:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 4/8/2023 at 7:42 PM, Ellybz said:

I second that motion. No AHCI errors linked to DVD drive reported on my end. (MacPro 7,1)

Bingo, thanks for that!

With my x299 rig and SMBios of iMac Pro I get the AHCI spam

Same machine, SMBios of MacPro 7,1, issue is resolved.

Whatever has changed it would seem to based on the fact that you obviously couldn't put a DVD in an iMac.

Could someone else please confirm this?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, J Lamp said:

Could someone else please confirm this?

Did you check the Boot/Logs/ACHI? That's where the Errors shows up, at first I thought the problem was not on my machine, but on checking the Logs the error was there

although it did not affect the operation of the DVD unit or the machine.

• Like 2

I've always got the box set for verbose mode when booting. The AHCI errors would appear long before reaching the desktop and would significantly slow the boot process. With the MacPro 7,1 smbios there are no errors and the boot to the desktop is much quicker, as it was before the problem started.

The logs look fine (well, I mean at least no AHCI stuff.)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, eSaF said:

Did you check the Boot/Logs/ACHI? That's where the Errors shows up, at first I thought the problem was not on my machine, but on checking the Logs the error was there

although it did not affect the operation of the DVD unit or the machine.

I checked my boot logs and I concur that similar errors found by @Rocky12  linked to my DVD drive are reported on port 5.( ATAPI iHAS124 )

[ 1038.918994]: [AHCI][PRT][00170050] AbortCommands::5382:Port 5 - called, deviceWithError 0, errCode = 0xe0030005
[ 1039.922332]: [AHCI][PRT][00170050] AbortCommands::5382:Port 5 - called, deviceWithError 0, errCode = 0xe0030005
[ 1040.926057]: [AHCI][PRT][00170050] AbortCommands::5382:Port 5 - called, deviceWithError 0, errCode = 0xe0030005

However :

Startup, functionality or shutdown have not been affected (so far). Verbose boot Log is  pretty fast but does not stop or pause during this "Error".

The DVD Drive is fully operational,  and no change have been noted in booting speed or shutting down.

If it’s not broken, I won’t fix it. I’m weird like that. :hysterical:

Edited by Ellybz
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Ventura 13.3.1 is finally running on my HackBookPro6,2 (2010 Dell Latitude E6410, NVidia Tesla Graphics).  My previous attempts at upgrading to 13.3.1 had failed, but a clean install did the trick.  Patched with OCLP 0.6.3 and booting with OC 0.9.1.

About this hack: Ventura 13.3.1

Spoiler

712210164_Screenshot2023-04-15at8_55_51AM.png.50954c09b462d04bbb9ed4b98de96a29.png

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 3

On 4/10/2023 at 9:51 PM, Ellybz said:

If it's not broken, hold my beer and give me a minute.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I usually do not comment here the Ventura updates on my 2015 iMac 16.2 because they are "boring", very little useful information, everything usually works as expected, no issues of interest, I update Ventura, reboot in VGA mode, apply root patch to Skylake, reboot and all ok.

OCLP has made upgrading this iMac less interesting 😂

Of course, it is the credit of the OCLP developers.

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, miliuco said:

I usually do not comment here the Ventura updates on my 2015 iMac 16.2 because they are "boring", very little useful information, everything usually works as expected, no issues of interest, I update Ventura, reboot in VGA mode, apply root patch to Skylake, reboot and all ok.

OCLP has made upgrading this iMac less interesting 😂

Of course, it is the credit of the OCLP developers.

I'm beginning to feel that my skills may be lacking.  I easily have over a hundred hours in my hack and that was just to get it ready for OCLP.  For the lesser skilled like me, OCLP needs to include a plugin for ChatGPT that allows me to say "build an OC EFI for this old hack!" 😂

• Haha 5

• 3 weeks later...

Really struggling with this update. Was running Ventura 13.2.1 perfectly, but when I went through the motions of updating to 13.3.1... no dice.

The update appears to have downloaded and installed perfectly, but now the system will not boot - it reboots halfway through the loading cycle. There does not appear to be anything in the logs.

I haven't made any serious changes to the config.plist for aeons, and it was working on 13.2.1... but maybe some rules have tightened around a few things, perhaps? I am running OpenCore 0.9.1 though.

Anyway, any advice would be appreciated! Serials and SMBIOS deets removed for obvious reasons.

Intel i9-11900K

Gigabyte Z590 Master

64GB RAM

AMD Radeon RX 580

OpenCore 0.9.1

config.plist

2 hours ago, Stonemage said:

Anyway, any advice would be appreciated! Serials and SMBIOS deets removed for obvious reasons.

Maybe more helpful if you upload the entire EFI Folder so that it can be scrutinise and insure all files and config.plist entries are correct.

I had a Z590 running Ventura but found it too flaky, also had it as Mac 20,2 but in reality it would have been more suited to Mac Pro1,1.

I eventually swopped it out for a MSI Z490 Board and much happier with the performance. Anyway I have attached my Z590 EFI Folder that was running Ventura for you to do a comparison to your own.

OC files and kext versions are of the latest so I hope you can get to the bottom of your problems and solve them. Good luck.

EFI.zip

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

With the release of Xcode 14.3 available only with Ventura, Apple is dragging me kicking and screaming away from Monterey which has served me so well as my production macOS on my HackMini8,1.  I just installed Ventura 13.3.1 + 13.3.1a RSR on my hack.  Install was painless and all appears to be working perfectly.  Many thanks to everyone else who has patiently tested and debugged Ventura to pave the way for the late adopters like me and special thanks to the boot-loader developers who tirelessly work through the issues with each new macOS release.  I'm booting macOS with OC 0.9.2.

Spoiler

1901703122_Screenshot2023-05-16at12_50_08PM.png.2eb76ce8a897cf801e8594072de2ba8b.png

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/11/2023 at 9:51 AM, Ellybz said:

I checked my boot logs and I concur that similar errors found by @Rocky12  linked to my DVD drive are reported on port 5.( ATAPI iHAS124 )

[ 1038.918994]: [AHCI][PRT][00170050] AbortCommands::5382:Port 5 - called, deviceWithError 0, errCode = 0xe0030005
[ 1039.922332]: [AHCI][PRT][00170050] AbortCommands::5382:Port 5 - called, deviceWithError 0, errCode = 0xe0030005
[ 1040.926057]: [AHCI][PRT][00170050] AbortCommands::5382:Port 5 - called, deviceWithError 0, errCode = 0xe0030005

However :

Startup, functionality or shutdown have not been affected (so far). Verbose boot Log is  pretty fast but does not stop or pause during this "Error".

The DVD Drive is fully operational,  and no change have been noted in booting speed or shutting down.

Hi, how to fix this issue about errCode = 0xe0030005 during booting since Ventura 13.3.1 ?

Changed SMBIOS to MacPro7,1 can not fix it yet !

[Solved]

After disconnect internally DVD this issue about errCode = 0xe0030005 during booting since Ventura 13.3.1 disappeared !

That means no AHCI DVD no such an issue !

Edited by jsl2000
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1