[Release] macOS 13.2.1

Cyberdevs
85 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, antuneddu said:

Работай, работай, работай  🙃   В следующий раз повторю (возможно, завтра 😁  )

Вопрос с OC 0.8.9 Dev. у вас есть какие-нибудь причуды, как это, после нажатия Enter при загрузке? (Я предполагаю, что это исправится с релизом)

Показать скрытое содержимое

277378751_Screenshot2023-02-13alle21_02_49.thumb.png.dc8fac096a27627ac5c67f65900c04cf.png

There are no such problems, maybe you use a configurator? I used to have this if the versions of the OC and the configurator did not match, so I stopped using it

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, ANTIKO said:

There are no such problems, maybe you use a configurator? I used to have this if the versions of the OC and the configurator did not match, so I stopped using it

So you're saying if we configure our EFI by hand that anomaly will go away!!?? I will put that to the test sometime today and see. If your post is about the verbose text on the Boot Menu.

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, eSaF said:

Итак, вы говорите, что если мы настроим наш EFI вручную, эта аномалия исчезнет!!?? Я проверю это как-нибудь сегодня и посмотрю. Если ваш пост о подробном тексте в меню загрузки.

I forgot to clarify - do you have a release version 089? not debugging?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ANTIKO said:

I forgot to clarify - do you have a release version 089? not debugging?

I use Nightly Versions, not debugging ones. What I am about to do now is build OC 0.8.9 and populate the EFI Folder without the use of a configurator (without the use of OCAT) as I normally do when updating the OC EFI Files and kexts. I will report any findings good or bad when completed.

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, eSaF said:

I use Nightly Versions, not debugging ones. What I am about to do now is build OC 0.8.9 and populate the EFI Folder without the use of a configurator (without the use of OCAT) as I normally do when updating the OC EFI Files and kexts. I will report any findings good or bad when completed.

I don't think OCAT has something to do with it... Anyway the OC 0.8.9 release is out... Try it directly... Before tonight I can't verify 😔

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, antuneddu said:

I don't think OCAT has something to do with it... Anyway the OC 0.8.9 release is out... Try it directly... Before tonight I can't verify 😔

Yes I was somewhat sceptical about that premise, anyway here is what I did as a test.

1. Built OC from scratch using Xcode.

2. Made sure all kexts are the latest released versions.

3. Populated the files and kexts within each respective EFI Folder for my particular machine.

4. Checked the completed Config.plist with the Ovalidate Utility from within the newly built OC folder which returned no errors as well as double checking all the Config.plist entries.

5. Placed the newly built OC EFI Folder onto the Partition of the drive after backing up my original one.

6. Boot off the new EFI, clean the NvRAM twice, rebooted and the anomaly is still there (see attached)

So as you stated it has nothing to do with OCAT, yes I did build the released OC 0.8.9 version. To be honest it is a bit unsightly but it's only there for approximately 2 seconds or so, one way out of it I suppose is to disable Verbose mode although I like to inspect any potential Boot up missteps.

14121752.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, eSaF said:

Yes I was somewhat sceptical about that premise, anyway here is what I did as a test.

1. Built OC from scratch using Xcode.

2. Made sure all kexts are the latest released versions.

3. Populated the files and kexts within each respective EFI Folder for my particular machine.

4. Checked the completed Config.plist with the Ovalidate Utility from within the newly built OC folder which returned no errors as well as double checking all the Config.plist entries.

5. Placed the newly built OC EFI Folder onto the Partition of the drive after backing up my original one.

6. Boot off the new EFI, clean the NvRAM twice, rebooted and the anomaly is still there (see attached)

So as you stated it has nothing to do with OCAT, yes I did build the released OC 0.8.9 version. To be honest it is a bit unsightly but it's only there for approximately 2 seconds or so, one way out of it I suppose is to disable Verbose mode although I like to inspect any potential Boot up missteps.

14121752.png

Thank you @eSaF for clearing up doubt regarding the cause of this issue- as you say it has nothing to due with what is used to edit OC. Personally I always use OCAT, never OC Configurator cause as you pointed out in one of your earlier posts, OCAT has the ability to 'sync' the config.plist and EFI which I find ensures boot errors are eliminated correctly. I now ignore this verbose intrusion in the Picker and true it only happens for seconds.  Like you -I love seeing verbose output and will not disable it-

Build 1: iMac20,2, i5-9400F, Samsung 16GB DDR4 RAM, MSI Z390 Gaming Plus, Radeon RX 580 8GB, OC 0.8.9

Edited by ndungu6678
  • Like 2

Smooooooth upgrade!  OC0.8.9 booting Ventura 13.2.1 on my HackBookPro6,2 (OCLP 0.6.1, Dell Latitude E6410).  Developers, you continue to amaze me!

437382639_Screenshot2023-02-14at9_40_04AM.png.9ecd0ed93f17e44501fd6bf7a64dffd1.png

EDIT: On this Legacy Hack, I am continuing to use FakeSMC3 instead of VirtualSMC.  Switching to FakeSMC3 as noted here has resolved all boot issues.  Big Sur, Monterey and Ventura boot flawlessly with the same EFI on this old hack.  I continue to use VirtualSMC on my KabyLake-R and CoffeeLake hacks, but for me, FakeSMC3 is best for this legacy Arrandale/NVidia hack.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, eSaF said:

Итак, как вы сказали, это не имеет ничего общего с OCAT, да, я собрал выпущенную версию OC 0.8.9. Честно говоря, это немного неприглядно, но оно существует только примерно 2 секунды или около того, один из выходов из этого, я полагаю, - отключить подробный режим, хотя мне нравится проверять любые потенциальные ошибки загрузки.

Very sorry... But I just shared my observations, I don't observe this at home. I hope you will fix it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

image.png.4b43b573f2fccc78233c6b78a27a048b.png

😎

On 2/13/2023 at 11:12 PM, antuneddu said:

Question with OC 0.8.9 Dev. do you have any quirks like this , after pressing enter on boot ? ( I assume it will fix itself with the release )

Reveal hidden contents

277378751_Screenshot2023-02-13alle21_02_49.thumb.png.dc8fac096a27627ac5c67f65900c04cf.png

Same for me. OC 0.9.0

• Like 4

7 hours ago, miliuco said:

Good night. I don’t have such text lines in the picker, OC 0.8.9. Ventura 13.2 and 13.2.1. 

Look at this pull request 

https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/pull/424

17 hours ago, ndungu6678 said:

Thank you @eSaF for clearing up doubt regarding the cause of this issue- as you say it has nothing to due with what is used to edit OC.

20 hours ago, antuneddu said:

5 hours ago, HyperX7 said:

Same for me. OC 0.9.0

Success removing Verbose Text overhang on Boot Menu as reported in Bug Tracker, Strange some systems were affected and some wasn't - Built OC EFI from unreleased acidanthera/OpenCorePkg 0.9.1 (see attached).

PS - Sorry for polluting the Ventura Release Thread, Mods/Admin please move to appropriate section. Thank you.

Spoiler

15074754.thumb.png.562095e4fe02a45c0e706f5ea3476e83.png433654177_Screenshot2023-02-15at07_51_38.thumb.png.acbc26a434b2d1b0adefbb54d19b29e2.png

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 2/13/2023 at 10:04 PM, fantomas said:

macos_13_2_1.png

MacOS Ventura 13.2.1  ( 22D68) 

Full Installer:

http://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/26/15/032-48342-A_OG2YEE7OSX/8sd3qpy79cimb7cjiy47cytps0gm7m0z5l/InstallAssistant.pkg

Build 1: iMac20,2, i5-9400F, Samsung 16GB DDR4 RAM, MSI Z390 Gaming Plus, Radeon RX 580 8GB, OC 0.8.9

Edited by ndungu6678
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1