Installing new macOS on unsupported hardware (OCLP patcher and others)

ruslan61
322 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Stefanalmare said:

OCLP team fixed the USB1,1 issue on legacy machines. But somehow killed the USB3 functionality. My USB3 A,C pci card give always kernel panic if is installed after root patch. Anybody else have this problem?

@Stefanalmare Same here. After the UHCI patch, I get kernel panic with USB 3.0 expansion card attached but it boot normally once disabled via deviceproperty. Does USB1.1 work for you? I still don't have it working even after the patch. 

5 hours ago, FirstTimeCustomac said:

@Stefanalmare Same here. After the UHCI patch, I get kernel panic with USB 3.0 expansion card attached but it boot normally once disabled via deviceproperty. Does USB1.1 work for you? I still don't have it working even after the patch. 

USB 1,1 works pretty nice. Root patch is not enough. You should install in OC -> Kexts, USB1.1-Injector.kex, but just the plug-ins are necessary, not the main kext.

USB1.1-Injector.kext.zip

Update: https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/issues/1021

Edited by Stefanalmare
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Stefanalmare said:

USB 1,1 works pretty nice. Root patch is not enough. You should install in OC -> Kexts, USB1.1-Injector.kex, but just the plug-ins are necessary, not the main kext.

USB1.1-Injector.kext.zip 399.02 kB · 3 downloads

Update: https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/issues/1021

Thank you it is now working. But not after the sleep/wake.

Edited by FirstTimeCustomac

5 hours ago, Stefanalmare said:

In my rig it works after sleep/wake. USB map is tricky on legacy machine. For sure this is your problem.

Nice. Yeah it has been a problem for many including myself since Monterey. For me, UHCI hotplug is functional only when USB3.0 expansion card is present.  I am just going to continue to use internal usb hub to force EHCI until we can boot Ventura with USB 3.0 PCI card.  Surely, USB1,1 in Ventura, can't appreciate and thank enough to khronokernel for these development.

• Like 1

The OCLP-generated config.plist for MBP6,2 includes boot-arg amfi=0x80.  Does anyone have a link to documentation on this boot-arg?  Thanks!

EDIT: More specifically, I'd like to know how / if this is different from amfi_get_out_of_my_way=1 boot-arg.

Edited by deeveedee

After installing Ventura 13.2 and Monterey 12.6.3 (patched with OCLP 0.6.1), initial testing on my HackBookPro6,2 indicates that Ventura runs better than Monterey.  If my testing continues this way, there will be no need to continue updating / testing Monterey on my hack.  I continue to experience occasional boot issues with Monterey 12.6.3, but no such issues with Ventura 13.2 and OCLP 0.6.1 appears to have resolved Nvidia graphics acceleration issues with Ventura.  OCLP 0.6.1 looks like a winner.  Great job OCLP developers!!!

• Like 2

Answered my own question: I was able to click the "I" information icon for the "sh" login item and see that it is for NVRAM hook.

Spoiler

1851973303_Screenshot2023-01-25at10_12_59AM.png.52b01ac775032e9c1bd59a40ffbbbf54.png

===============================

After upgrading Ventura to 13.2 and applying post-install patches with OCLP 0.6.1, I have a login item "sh" that I didn't notice before.  It may have been there before - I just didn't notice it.

Does anyone know anything about the "sh" login item (from unidentified developer) and why it's there?

Ventura login items

Spoiler

1027705388_Screenshot2023-01-25at10_07_15AM.png.a1a1a39dcc449d3344a11b299e258617.png

Edited by deeveedee

I'm reviewing the OCLP-generated EFI to see if I can learn any more about USB patching for my old hack.  USB ports are working well on my hack, but I'm always trying to learn.   For the MacBookPro6,2, OCLP generates USB-Map.kext with an Info.plist that includes the property kUSBCompanion (boolean: false) as shown below.  Does anyone know anything about the kUSBCompanion property?  I added this to my USBPorts.kext but am not noticing any difference in behavior.  Thank you for any suggestions.

USB-Maps.kext

Spoiler

436097131_Screenshot2023-01-25at11_32_30AM.png.badb124d293a4662607fe4e3a74534a8.png

For those who are interested, I have posted my latest HackBookPro6,2 EFI for Ventura here.  This EFI includes the Open Core elements necessary for running macOS on a Dell Latitude E6410 (Arrandale CPU, Nvidia graphics) and incorporates some of the MacBookPro6,2 elements from the EFI generated by OCLP 0.6.1 that are necessary for running Ventura.  Some of my current Ventura test results are here.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 1

I could probably debug this issue with the extensive debugging options offered by OpenCore, but I'll admit that I'm lazy.  My HackBookPro6,2 will boot Ventura 13.2 (patched with OCLP 0.6.1 and booting with OC 0.8.8) only if I add boot-arg -v (verbose boot).  With -v, my rig reliably boots Ventura 13.2 100% of the time.  Without -v, my rig always freezes at the Apple logo with no progress (progress bar displays but is frozen at no progress).

Has anyone seen this before, where their hack boots only when boot-arg -v is added?  Thanks for any suggestions.

@ruslan61 I read something from Slice somewhere that indicated that such a verbose output indicated an issue with graphics.  Are you sure you have patched graphics correctly?

EDIT: Here are a few things I noticed in your config.plist:

• You have Booter > Patches Reroute HW_BID to OC_BID and Skip Board ID check both enabled.  OCLP 0.6.1 uses only Skip Board ID check for my hack (I think OCLP switched to Skip Board ID check and discontinued HW_BID with version 0.5.2, but not certain).  Are you sure you should have both patches enabled?
  • You are using AAPL,ig-platform-id which looks to be for Ivy Bridge.  Is that correct for your rig?  If so, did you read and follow this to be sure you are using the correct AAPL,ig-platform-id?
  • I'm not familiar with some of the kexts you are injecting, so I can't comment.  Are they all from the EFI generated by OCLP?
  • You have DeviceProperties > PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0) > layout-id = 0x0b (11) and boot-arg alcid=1.  I think you only need to define one of them?  When you define both with AppleALC, the boot-arg overrides the DeviceProperty.
  • You are using SMBIOS iMac20,2 for your Ivy Bridge system.  If your CPU is Ivy Bridge, shouldn't your SMBIOS be iMac13,x?  Not sure, but this is something to check.  Here's more info.
Edited by deeveedee

1- Amd kartımı çıkardım. çünkü siyah ekranda kalıyor.
2-Daha önce  hd4000 oclp 6.1 ile denedim çalışmadı
3-Daha sonra hd4000 oclp 5.3 ile denedim yine olmadı.
4-KDK inmedi mi?

Edited by ruslan61