Installing new macOS on unsupported hardware (OCLP patcher and others)

ruslan61
322 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, chris1111 said:

AMFIbeta2 work on Hackintosh
HP Probook 650 G1
I use the Binary kext AMFIPass.kext with my EFI, no OC install from the patcher, only RootPatch from AMFIbeta2
Good news I will Integrate this Future on   HP-Probook-EliteBook-Package-Creator-OC

Great @chris1111  I don't understand what is AMFI ? Is it necessary on Hackintosh ? 

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 1

EFI generated by OCLP amfipass beta2 can be used with latest OCLP nighly builds. I have disabled the AMFIPass kext in Kernel -> Add and added amfi=0x80 in NVRAM -> boot-args before installing latest OCLP build. After, revert the changes and all good: latest build + AMFI enabled.

Edited by Stefanalmare
  • Like 2

I installed 'Colossal Cave Adventure' on my HackBookPro6,2 running Ventura 13.4 (OCLP 0.6.7, AMFIPass, AMFI and Library Validation both enabled).  Graphics are awesome!  🤣

612324982_Screenshot2023-05-30at8_50_14PM.png.3934d3bfedc367cd67b3f4717febf3c4.png

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 1

@Matgen84, in addition to the info in Chris1111's post, AMFI needed to be disabled in order to allow legacy non-metal kexts (e.g., Nvidia kexts from High Sierra) to be installed in Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur, Monterey and Ventura.  Starting with Ventura 13.3, AMFI needed to be disabled in order to allow legacy metal kexts to be installed.

When AMFI was disabled to permit the installation of these legacy non-metal and metal kexts, side effects included breaking app permissions (e.g., camera and microphone permissions prompts no longer worked in macOS) and some reported that there were Virtual Machines and VPNs that didn't work when AMFI was disabled.

With the introduction of AMFIPass.kext by the OCLP team, we now have a way to keep AMFI enabled when we install the legacy non-metal and metal kexts.  This development gets us closer to having perfect operation of new versions of macOS on legacy Macs and Hacks.

EDIT: It should be noted that non-metal legacy systems will still have problems with metal apps and legacy systems with SIP partially disabled will still require SIP to be partially disabled.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 1

After resetting NVRAM, the OCLP 0.6.7b2 EFI works as-is with no changes.  The change I describe below is not necessary.  Sorry for the false alarm.

=======================================

Is anyone else noticing this after updating their EFI to remove the AMFI and Library Validation kernel patches?

Edited by deeveedee

On 5/30/2023 at 6:22 PM, Stefanalmare said:

EFI generated by OCLP amfipass beta2 can be used with latest OCLP nighly builds. I have disabled the AMFIPass kext in Kernel -> Add and added amfi=0x80 in NVRAM -> boot-args before installing latest OCLP build. After, revert the changes and all good: latest build + AMFI enabled.

Hopefully we won't have to disable AMFI before installing root patches after the release and AMFIPass branches are merged.  I just tried to install O.6.7 Release root patches, but installation blocked because AMFI is enabled.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

Hopefully we won't have to disable AMFI before installing root patches after the release and AMFIPass branches are merged.  I just tried to install O.6.7 Release root patches, but installation blocked because AMFI is enabled.

I doubt that.

Before re-applying Root Patches you have to temporarily disable AMFI via boot-arg (AMFI=0x80 or the other one, both do the same)

OC-Little has a new section dedicated to installing macOS Ventura on Wintel Systems and applying patches from OCLP: https://github.com/5T33Z0/OC-Little-Translated/tree/main/14_OCLP_Wintel. It covers Sandy Bridge, Ivy Bridge, Haswell/Broadwell and Skylake.

Chris1111 has written a tiny script which makes it a lot easier to extract AMFIPass from OCLP 067 beta: https://github.com/5T33Z0/OC-Little-Translated/blob/main/14_OCLP_Wintel/AMFIPass.md

Edited by cankiulascmnfye
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

Before re-applying Root Patches you temporarily have to temporarily disable AMFI via boot-arg (AMFI=0x80 or the other one, both do the same)

OC-Little has a new section dedicated to installing macOS Ventura on Wintel Systems and applying patches from OCLP: https://github.com/5T33Z0/OC-Little-Translated/tree/main/14_OCLP_Wintel. It covers Sandy Bridge, Ivy Bridge, Haswell/Broadwell and Skylake.

Chris1111 has written a tiny script which makes it a lot easier to extract AMFIPass from OCLP 067 beta: https://github.com/5T33Z0/OC-Little-Translated/blob/main/14_OCLP_Wintel/AMFIPass.md

I have done this manually on first nightly OCLP after "AMFIpass" in a few legacy's. The method works also below Sandy Bridge.

• Like 4

@Stefanalmare I've done it manually, too. But the instructions encompassed about 20 steps in the end. So I was glad when Chris1111 provided the script. Unfortunately, I don't have any legacy system here which I can test this on. Is it always the same in procedure as far as preparing the config is concerned: Booter Patches, SurPlus Patches, AMFIPass, APSS-Override, Cryptexfixup, RestrictEvents and Appleintelpowermanagement kexts? How far back can you go: first Gen Intel Core, Westmere-EP, Core Duos?

12 minutes ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

@Stefanalmare I've done it manually, too. But the instructions encompassed about 20 steps in the end. So I was glad when Chris1111 provided the script. Unfortunately, I don't have any legacy system here which I can test this on. Is it always the same in procedure as far as preparing the config is concerned: Booter Patches, SurPlus Patches, AMFIPass, APSS-Override, Cryptexfixup, RestrictEvents and Appleintelpowermanagement kexts? How far back can you go: first Gen Intel Core, Westmere-EP, Core Duos?

More or less is the same procedure, except in some Library Validation is enabled, in others no. If you have 64 bits processor (Ventura installed), it works.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

Don't update to 13.5 beta. The update installs fine, but after that the system won't boot (at least on Ivy Bridge). I hope this is not related to the Cryptex dyld workaround to bypass AVX 2.0 requirements…

I have two Ivy Bridge, Ventura 1.35 beta2. It works just fine. AMFI and Library Validation enabled.

• Like 2

Okay. I think I know what went wrong: since switching to the developer seed via terminal is no longer possible, I had to download the beta Installer through OCLP instead. And then I didn't have enough space left on the volume to install it. So I copied the installer over to my Big Sur volume and ran it there. But before running it I deleted the Ventura volume for a clean install. And I think that was the mistake.  Because after that some cryptex related files were missing from the pre-boot volume so the installation wouldn't continue in the 2nd stage.

I think for a clean install to work on Ivy Bridge and older it's mandatory to use the OpenCore Patcher to create a "patched" installer which uses the cryptex dyld (or whatever) from the .ipsw installer instead of the x86 installer since it doesn't require AVX 2.0. I think that's what happened. Got 13.5 beta 2 now

12 hours ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

I think for a clean install to work on Ivy Bridge and older it's mandatory to use the OpenCore Patcher to create a "patched" installer which uses the cryptex dyld (or whatever) from the .ipsw installer instead of the x86 installer since it doesn't require AVX 2.0. I think that's what happened. Got 13.5 beta 2 now

Wrong!

Actually I have! Because I saw you making some affirmations, one after another, I decided to install Ventura 13.5 beta2 in an external USB2.0 on Ivy Bridge. It took me a couple of hours with downloading, installing and patching. But I wanted to demonstrate  you that you are wrong. See pics!
Will be nice to not give conclusions about something you'r not sure. A lot of people are reading this forum and you can put them in difficulties. Thank you for your understanding!

Spoiler

After installing.png

Spoiler

Final.png

Spoiler

Patching.png

Edited by Stefanalmare
  • Like 3

@Stefanalmare Uhhhm, what you have tested has absolutely zero to do with what I was doing when the installation error occured. So, next time you are trying to accuse me of spreading false information  – because this what you are doing – you should at least do it based on the procedure I was using. In other words: your accusations are pointless. Thank you for your understanding!

On 6/3/2023 at 1:35 PM, miliuco said:

@cankiulascmnfye

Thanks for the info. Good script by @chris1111 and good instructions by 5T33Z0.

With OCLP beta AMFI (No log is created)

1 ) DL OpenCore-Patcher-amfipass-beta-2.app.zip
2 ) Unzip OpenCore-Patcher-amfipass-beta-2.app.zip
3 Launch OpenCore-Patcher.app (just launch, nothing else) --> payloads is now mounted in /var/folders/.....
4) Open terminal and select/copy/paste the command below ... execute it
    cd $(find /var/ -type d -name OpenCore-Patcher.app 2>/dev/null | grep payloads | sed 's?payloads/.*$?payloads/Kexts/Acidanthera?')
5) Copy kext(s) you need or want

Regards

• Like 2