[pre-release] macOS Ventura

3,556 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, MorenoAv said:

Update made, macOS 13.0 (22A379), all is working, I think...

can you give me ( and probably others ) the link 

• Like 2

Real Mac (MacBook Pro 13'' Retina Early 2015) - OCLP 10-19-22 Root Patches. OpenCore 0.8.5 with Latest Kexts.

macOS Ventura 13.0 - RC.

All Working OOB.

image.thumb.png.cef227db38f52fa254125bcde328c7b1.png

Update OTA works again without any issues.

Need to re-patch with OCLP 0.5.0 (ventura-alpha) branch.

EFI - Real Mac - OpenCore 0.8.5 - OCLP 0.5.0 10-19-22 - MacBookPro12,1 =>  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aUL27JqvStHAlGv_oNxvwX8DeVkIC8x-/view?usp=sharing

Ready for Windows 11 22H2 Dual Boot - EFI.

Edited by fernando.c.neves
  • Like 7

@miliuco

Indeed, it seems my fenvi has different card inside, after some research this is it ( Broadcom_BCM943602CS ). I was looking at my friend late 2015 MacBook Pro 12.1 ioreg and system info and is perfect match with mine. Now I have to find why is not working, is strange how everything continuity related works both ways (handoff, universal clipboard, import from iPhone, even when I'm in FaceTime call on my iPhone XR it appears on my hack to transfer the call there but If transfer it hangs (the call). If I use my iPhone with cable, I can use continuity camera only audio without video (no video error)but I will try more times after you said it does not work every time, time to spam Photo Booth :)). I will come back with news, it seems I won't have a boring weekend :D

@fernado.c.neves I see you have a real 2015 MacBook, is your bluetooth card PID 0x8290, have you tested continuity camera? I'm really curious about this :D

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PoMpIs said:

The monitor is a Huawei Mateview GT  (165Hz)

https://consumer.huawei.com/es/monitors/mateview-gt/

Taking photo with iPhone works great.

I click on the option and the iPhone camera automatically opens😆

392362931_Capturadepantalla2022-10-19alas20_20_14.png.f896194d214ef579a302caee2bcc30ff.png

And the result: 

Imagen.thumb.jpeg.284eb695b400281bb22993f7a0a2aa5f.jpeg

I have never used these options, today is the first time I try it and I am entertained 😁...

It works perfect on the Lenovo and on the Alder Lake... and now I have the Lenovo next to the i5 and I use the keyboard and the trackpad to control the Lenovo... the invention is very cool:w00t:

Have you tried using iPhone for FaceTime on your AlderLake?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, STLVNUB said:

can you give me ( and probably others ) the link 

I don't have the link for the full installer, as someone said in the thread, isn't available yet.

It was an incremental update...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, $tealth said:

Hi I want to install MacOS Ventura on Haswell i5 CPU. Is it advisable to wait for the final release of OCLP 0.5.0 and Ventura 

Ventura is supposed to be released on October 24, not sure, wait for it. But OCLP is going to be beta for a few weeks or months, now is stable enough to try it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PoMpIs said:

Have you tried using iPhone for FaceTime on your AlderLake?

I have just done an experiment out of curiosity, with the last Beta FaceTime Continuity worked flawlessly between my iPhone and Hack with the Fenvi T-919 Card installed but I decided to utilise the native Intel Card aided with the recommended kexts and config.plist entries which works quite well plus freeing up the extra slot on the M/Board. I just reverted to the Fenvi Card to see if F/Time and iPhone features return with the change but alas the search was fruitless so in essence, something has changed preventing the operation. All other Continuity aspects and features remains unchanged and working apart from F/Time.

• Like 5

I have a failure of wake from sleep issue in my below signature machine(Asus Gene IV with X77 + GTX670) since upgraded to Bigsur and it stayed in Monterey and Ventura. It sleeps but when I try to wake up by clicking mouse or keyboard, machine wakes up but monitor stays black. Power led on the case blinks as if it is trying to open the screen. Can any body help me to find the root cause and solve the issue? This is a triple boot machine and it sleeps and wakes up in Windows 11 and linux

22 hours ago, miliuco said:

Ah! I was thinking it was a new feature included in Continuity Camera 🥴

@Donw35

What is your 144 Hz monitor?

ViewSonic OMNI VX2768-2KP-MHD 27 Inch 1440p 1ms 144Hz IPS Gaming Monitor with FreeSync Premium, Eye Care, HDMI and DisplayPort

• Like 4

4 hours ago, eSaF said:

I have just done an experiment out of curiosity, with the last Beta FaceTime Continuity worked flawlessly between my iPhone and Hack with the Fenvi T-919 Card installed but I decided to utilise the native Intel Card aided with the recommended kexts and config.plist entries which works quite well plus freeing up the extra slot on the M/Board. I just reverted to the Fenvi Card to see if F/Time and iPhone features return with the change but alas the search was fruitless so in essence, something has changed preventing the operation. All other Continuity aspects and features remains unchanged and working apart from F/Time.

Thanks for doing that experiment mate. I also have Fenvi T919 but FaceTime refuses to work no matter what I tried. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

@all

Hi,

Just a remind...

If someone ask you to post the full macos installer link, be careful to post ONLY direct links from Apple servers.

Any post that does not respect it will be deleted w/o warning. And in case of recidivisme, the user will be warned.

Thank you for your understanding.

BR

fantomas

• Like 7

11 hours ago, MorenoAv said:

I don't have the link for the full installer, as someone said in the thread, isn't available yet.

It was an

Have you the link to the incremental update... my Ventura has no internet, thanks 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, antuneddu said:

macOS 13 RC 2 (22A380)  🤣

807501572_Screenshot2022-10-20alle19_31_03.png.dce45b76e77af8c5df7fc9acd0bbc216.png

:thumbsup_anim:   

Reveal hidden contents

217769545_Screenshot2022-10-20alle20_00_58.png.54ee653192755ba90b9b6726c5cb7801.png

⌘  Powered by Clover revision: 5149 (master, commit 93002679f)

More updates??  

I sign up quickly :hyper:

EDIT:    

First updated computer... everything went well...

64115299_Capturadepantalla2022-10-20alas20_33_23.thumb.png.5681c2ad37cb81143340267f069a1f18.png

But tomorrow I receive a 13900k and an Asus z790... so the i5 has arrived here... I will sell it and the raptor lake will remain in its place...

Let's see if Raptor Lake works just as well on MacOS Ventura 

Edited by PoMpIs
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

@dogansan

Do you have a CPU Sandy Bridge E, right? Extreme, without GPU.  It's an old hardware but capable of run modern macOS with the suitable settings.

I see that you have a very elaborated config.plist, with patches coming from OpenCore Legacy patcher. I don't see strange things in configuration file but this hardware is very very little known by me.

Did you have succes with CryptexFixup? Does it work fine?

I think that you miss SSDT-PM.aml, created on macOS with ssdtPRGen, but it can be the existing ssdt.aml, if it's so don't pay attention to this item. But if you haven't generated your own SSDT-PM you have the instructions in the Dortania Guide (Sandy and Ivy Bridge Power Management section).

I hope a more experienced user will say something useful to you.

@ruslan61

Did you get previous betas well displayed in Software Update? Did you change any setting?

• Like 4