SSE2 vs SSE3: The Poll

i.wanna.corndog

SSE2 vs SSE3  

204 members have voted

1. 1. What instruction set does your processor use?

• SSE3
    • SSE2
    • I have at least one processor of each
    • I'm still waiting for SSE support :)

20 posts in this topic

We have an old wisdom here. There are lies, big lies and statisics.

I made some polls earlier on other forums and compared the total voters against the members. They results werent at all usefull.....

With 10.000 members. You need at least a few thousand to get anywhere near a real estimate.

btw i didnt vote because i dont want you to use this "poll" as an instrument to try to change sempthex his plans. I dont know or that is what you want or not. But it tasted a bit like it. Hearing what you said last.

It would be better to have a field in your forums-profile, where you can add weather you need sse2 support or not. Just make that field essential for registration and consisting users and you have the representative results in a few weeks.

It would be better to have a field in your forums-profile, where you can add weather you need sse2 support or not. Just make that field essential for registration and consisting users and you have the representative results in a few weeks.

Ja, das stimmt.

BUT not all users here know about SSE stuff so why bother them during registration ?

Tilt, cool sign. ! :)

I have an Opteron 165 with SSE3 and it is installed in a nForce 4 MoBo, I also have the old AMD 64 3500+ SSE2 alone, no MoBo at all, but if this works well maybe I buy one :P

Ahh, yes, I also have a Celeron with SSE only, but there is no vote option for SSE3 + SSE2 + SSE :tomato:

Ja, das stimmt.

BUT not all users here know about SSE stuff so why bother them during registration ?

You are right. Add a "don't know"-field :)

Tilt, cool sign. ! :tomato:

It was designed on my real Atari ST MEGA1 which is standing next to my Amiga 500. Still the best gaming-platforms ever created by humans :P

We have an old wisdom here. There are lies, big lies and statisics.

I made some polls earlier on other forums and compared the total voters against the members. They results werent at all usefull.....

With 10.000 members. You need at least a few thousand to get anywhere near a real estimate.

btw i didnt vote because i dont want you to use this "poll" as an instrument to try to change sempthex his plans. I dont know or that is what you want or not. But it tasted a bit like it. Hearing what you said last.

Nah, I've got an SSE2 laptop and an SSE2 desktop. A guy made a comment in the Semthex SSE2 forum that nobody needed SSE2 and that they should upgrade to SSE3, and I was trying to prove the point that actually, quite a few of us need that SSE2 support :(.

1x SSE3 Support - my dell

1xSSE3 Support - my COMPAQ Presario M2512AU - AMD Mobile Sempy 3000+

2xAltiVec [1337ness] - my mac mini and my iBook

so for me.....SSE2 is just.....well......ummm

SSE2 ... looks like SSE2 and SSE3 are both strong markets

both at best taking 50\50 market share.

I think there is an importance to keep up with both proccessors.

Or else, half of your community will move on to the darker side (eg: Windows or Linux) - and i';m sure you dont want to do that,....

I'm sure we all want to be all cozy with OS X!

SSE2 ... looks like SSE2 and SSE3 are both strong markets

both at best taking 50\50 market share.

I think there is an importance to keep up with both proccessors.

Or else, half of your community will move on to the darker side (eg: Windows or Linux) - and i';m sure you dont want to do that,....

I'm sure we all want to be all cozy with OS X!

Oh boy, because blowing less than $100 on a new processor is out of the question. So is going to a new Mac. Windows or Linux it is!

It was designed on my real Atari ST MEGA1 which is standing next to my Amiga 500. Still the best gaming-platforms ever created by humans :2cents:

i second and third that TiLT. no other computer manufacturer managed to do what amiga and atari did. real new technology that makes your jaw drop. copper list, bit blitter fat agnus, denise, ... RIP hardware wizardry.

mirage3d

this poll is useless and doesnt provide a valid sample, i bet more SSE2 users visit these forums simply because of the recent kernel being released and because of the SSE2 problems from last security update.