OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,766 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, pkdesign said:

What is the name of this background/theme?

Theme name is  Flavours-AppleMonterey

Edited by chris1111

28 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

Theme name is  Flavours-AppleMonterey

This one is probably  the next Flavours-AppleVentura 😀

Preview-Ventura.png.c80574c726bc261688eace4a2b93550a.png

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 7

Hi all, is there a guide or tool that I can use on my custom DSDT for my laptop to make dual booting work with OC without having to use the EFI picker? 
Or someone who can do it for me? I’ll pay someone if needed lol. I would rather learn to do it myself but I am limited on time and resources. 

Also to add to the above I’m having issues with google chrome crashing with OpenCore. If I use Clover it works fine.  - Was a SIP problem - Solved

Next question is how do i remove the 2 circled entries? I have tried all sorts of scan policies and some work.....too well and remove all linux and winblows drives.

Spoiler

IMG_5734.jpg

Edited by SavageAUS

@SavageAUS Without knowing anything about your physical drives and volumes, I'm just guessing.  I'm assuming your "NO NAME" drives are non-bootable.  Have you tried removing the EFI partition on the "NO NAME" drives?

14 hours ago, deeveedee said:

@SavageAUS Without knowing anything about your physical drives and volumes, I'm just guessing.  I'm assuming your "NO NAME" drives are non-bootable.  Have you tried removing the EFI partition on the "NO NAME" drives?

All of my drives have EFI partitions for a reason. NVMe1 has macOS, NVMe2 has winblows, SSD has Linux. All have EFI partitions, my guess it’s either the root or home partitions for the Linux installs I have. 
Would you like the output of diskutil list or something?

Edited by SavageAUS

40 minutes ago, PoMpIs said:

@chris1111 

Thank you very much for the opencore themes 🙇‍♂️

Until now I was using "Flavors-AppleMonterey"  from now on I'm switching to "Flavours-AppleVentura". it's very nice 😃

Thanks @PoMpIs

I just Add Ventura disk Icons in the Flavours-AppleDisk, Flavours-AppleMonterey themes

6 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

All of my drives have EFI partitions for a reason. NVMe1 has macOS, NVMe2 has windows, SSD has Linux. All have EFI partitions, my guess it’s either the root or home partitions for the Linux installs I have. 

I think no name entries are EFI partitions on windows or linux disks. You can rename them within each operating system or play with ScanPolicy values. 

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, miliuco said:

I think no name entries are EFI partitions on windows or linux disks. You can rename them within each operating system or play with ScanPolicy values. 

I already have the two required entries for linux and the one for winblows.

Just want to hide the no name partitions :( 

Everytime i play with scanpolicy it ends up removing everything except macOS drives.

12 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

I already have the two required entries for linux and the one for winblows.

Just want to hide the no name partitions :( 

Everytime i play with scanpolicy it ends up removing everything except macOS drives.

Try with  2687747

• Like 1

2 hours ago, miliuco said:

But this hides NTFS partitions and @SavageAUS has windows. Better 2718467 (it doesn't hide NTFS but EFI).

As long as the Mac drives don’t get hidden I’ll try anything. 
I did notice that if I disable the openlinux driver the named Linux partitions disappear which leaves the no name ones. I have renamed those partitions in gparted to there respective OS but OC still says no name and no icon. 
Using OCAT I have ticked everything except efi and that for some reason hides all drives except macOS. 

Edited by SavageAUS

1 hour ago, antuneddu said:

Yes, because I assume that everyone has the custom entries declared in Misc 😜
Either way you can experiment with the most appropriate value with 

https://oc-scanpolicy.vercel.app/

Is there a guide for setting custom entries for OC?

After reading some more of the dortania guide it says about having ext4_x64.efi which I do not have. I only have OpenLinuxBoot.efi, could this be the problem? A missing driver?

Edited by SavageAUS

Yes miliuco wrote one, if I find it I'll link it to you

Here 

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/348097-how-to-custom-entry-in-opencore-to-boot-windows/

Same procedure to find the Linux path
... in the end you should have so in the plist

1738261372_Immagine2022-06-13134159.thumb.png.f2a3dca392545dfbfb69d6c80cac65b3.png

Edit : That way you don't need it
Open Linux Boot.uefi or other driver

Edited by antuneddu
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, 5T33Z0 said:

@SavageAUS The ext4 filesystem driver is included in the of OC Binary Data package: https://github.com/acidanthera/OcBinaryData/archive/refs/heads/master.zip

Yeah I added the driver in the drivers folder and my config but entries didn’t change. I’ve got one more scan policy to try then I’ll set about doing custom entries if scan policy doesn’t work. Thanks all. 

So i am working on the custom entries, i have winblows added without a problem but with Linux how does one know what to put in for the Flavour? For windows i used windows11:windows

I have Arch Linux and Pop!_OS.

Would they be

ArchLinux:Linux

Pop!_OS:Linux

Edited by SavageAUS

Guest 5T33Z0

@SavageAUS The theme you are using needs to have an Icon for the distro you are using stored in the Resources/Image/AuthorName/ThemeName/ folder

And then you can set the name of the icon as Flavour to the name of the icon (if it's not assigned automatically).

This has some Icons for Linux distros: https://github.com/blackosx/BsxM1

Edited by 5T33Z0

19 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

@SavageAUS The theme you are using needs to have an Icon for the distro you are using stored in the Resources/Image/AuthorName/ThemeName/ folder

And then you can set the name of the icon as Flavour to the name of the icon (if it's not assigned automatically).

This has some Icons for Linux distros: https://github.com/blackosx/BsxM1

The theme I am using has an Arch Linux icon. I’m just chasing the right syntax to use to get them to appear. I couldn’t find anything in the OC configuration pdf. 

Nevermind found it. 
https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/blob/master/Docs/Flavours.md

Edited by SavageAUS
  • Like 1

OCS: No Schema printed on display for 100 milliseconds or less, take many many times to take photo because displayed for too short time.

Is possible increase time this critical informations is displayed?

If the OpenCore not wanna boot because of config issue, user need time to take photo and do research to fix.

iPad camera too too slow to take the photo, it need time for the autofocus

Now so I need figure out what is all this means:

OpenCore-No-Schema.jpg

@drayonnno schema means that Opencore does not recognize that value, most likely because it was taken out and replaced by something else (or moved). If you tell Opencore to write to a log file (look for details under Misc->Debug, I don't remember exact values needed), it will write those errors in there as of OC 0.8.1.

35 minutes ago, 1Revenger1 said:

@drayonnno schema means that Opencore does not recognize that value, most likely because it was taken out and replaced by something else (or moved). If you tell Opencore to write to a log file (look for details under Misc->Debug, I don't remember exact values needed), it will write those errors in there as of OC 0.8.1.

Thanks.

I ran ocvalidate, found 17 missing keys, copied from sampleconfig.plist to mine removed the No Schema ones so now boots not messages 😉

Last issue to resolve, AirDrop macOS to iPad. 

AirDrop iPad to macOS works but not mac to iPad.

GBU521 BT 4.0 Broadcom BCM920702

Maybe macOS Ventura fixed this.

or Maybe in my config Kernel/Add I need entry for the other two:

BrcmFirmwareData.kext

BrcmPatchRAM3.kext

cos have entry only for:

BlueToolFixup.kextimage.thumb.png.f21c4ec29b026888d70ae530f8c10eca.png

these the kernel extensions i have:

image.png.05f017a778ad155afdc54580e0224c3b.png

Edited by drayon
fix up add images