Testing

Jief_Machak

105 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Jief_Machak said:

Ok, ok, so the need for newer kext is most likely linked to the newer version of Big Sur, not a regression in Clover. Am I probably correct ?

I think it's correct. More tests are needed of course.

finished the test round on my hacks
passed all
only side always a little strange is that after the first start of high sierra then the systemversion of the big sur preboot is changed
this on X570, Z370 and Z97
so in the GUI you see the bigsur startup preboot with high sierra icon, obviously if you try to start it freezes, they restore the systemversion in the big sur preboot and it all comes back in place

• Confused 1

• 2 months later...

Hi.

There's been 2 releases without extended tests (5127 & 5128). We are now thinking to make a new version. That will be 5128 + BS recovery support.

It'll be nice to be sure that it's working correctly for everyone of you.

I've prepared a spreadsheet to record your result : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AsobMYlCfQRREav_wG0ywbx-r_UaQqCnj2ULCBGWacM/edit?usp=sharing

For this test, it'll be nice if you can try to boot some recovery partition (BS and previous), and maybe some installers if you still have them. Create one line per test. For example, a line for Catalina 10.15.7, a line for Catalina 10.15.7.recovery and a line for Catalina 10.15.7.installer

Each macOS version has potentially 3 tests : one for the installer, one for the installed OS and one for recovery. That could be a lot of tests, especially for those who have more than one config. So please, don't push yourself too hard. Just do what you have at hand. If you don't have the installer anymore, that's fine. Do not hesitate to put some line to N/A to indicate you won't do it.

Thanks,

Jief

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jief_Machak said:

Hi.

There's been 2 releases without extended tests (5127 & 5128). We are now thinking to make a new version. That will be 5128 + BS recovery support.

It'll be nice to be sure that it's working correctly for everyone of you.

I've prepared a spreadsheet to record your result : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AsobMYlCfQRREav_wG0ywbx-r_UaQqCnj2ULCBGWacM/edit?usp=sharing

For this test, it'll be nice if you can try to boot some recovery partition (BS and previous), and maybe some installers if you still have them. Create one line per test. For example, a line for Catalina 10.15.7, a line for Catalina 10.15.7.recovery and a line for Catalina 10.15.7.installer

Each macOS version has potentially 3 tests : one for the installer, one for the installed OS and one for recovery. That could be a lot of tests, especially for those who have more than one config. So please, don't push yourself too hard. Just do what you have at hand. If you don't have the installer anymore, that's fine. Do not hesitate to put some line to N/A to indicate you won't do it.

Thanks,

Jief

Hi 
Can you put  write access for testers, please 

43 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

Sorry, looks like that when you copy a google doc, permissions are resetted to "viewer".

Fixed, I think.

Don't fix. I can't select result choice (Todo, Pass, N/A) or edit :cry: All the testers tabs are locked

Edited by Matgen84

8 hours ago, iCanaro said:

but they noticed this testClover 5129 RC1 @SavageAUS @PG7 @MifJpn @D-an-W ?

thanks iCanaro

come to see now!

I will test Haswell with the BigSur 11.2 RC

tested 25-01-2021 

r5129 RC boot OK 

Haswell i5-4590T 
HD 4600

Spoiler

1141807470_Capturedecran2021-01-24a23_42_08.thumb.png.a398d701502ee3ae5bf29a45c2ddda8e.png

Edited by PG7
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, PG7 said:

thanks iCanaro

come to see now!

I will test Haswell with the BigSur 11.2 RC

tested 25-01-2021 

r5129 RC boot OK 

Haswell i5-4590T 
HD 4600

Hide contents

1141807470_Capturedecran2021-01-24a23_42_08.thumb.png.a398d701502ee3ae5bf29a45c2ddda8e.png

If you wonder about Clover info then look your config SMBIOS->NoRomInfo

• Like 1

@MifJpn : you're welcome.

@PG7 : I see 2 tests passed. For each one, did you test the recovery boot ? If yes, we'll put "Recovery ok" in the next column so we'll remember.

Please all remember to put N/A on tests you won't be able to do in the next 2/3 days. That way, I'll know when you're finished.

Again : fell free to put N/A on some tests. There is no commitment to test all configs all the time...

@SavageAUS : no news of you. Hope you're fine. Are you still with us ? 

• Like 2