Testing

Jief_Machak

105 posts in this topic

On the dashboard. But wait, this efi just crash. I guess a compilation problem. Let me fix that. I'll get back to you all.

Yeah both my machines get stuck at white dot ️ top left of screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Incredible : it's a compiler bug. Gcc 9 fails to produce a runnable binary in release mode (=optimized). Debug mode is fine. I never noticed it.

These bug are hard to find, because you don't expect them.

Ok, this efi doesn't crash at start, at least on VMWare !

Is that the third time today I'm telling you you can test :yes:...

I'm just going to run a fresh install of Big Sur Beta 9 now I know I need kexts in the \Other folder for now.

EDIT: Had to use OpenCore to start the installer, just got a black screen when trying with the last two Clover commits (Apologies if this already known). 

Edited by D-an-W

Good. Did you fill the spreadsheet ?

I have now for my laptop, Desktop I’ll try do later today.

Good. Did you fill the spreadsheet ?

I have now for my laptop, Desktop I’ll try do later today.

I have updated 11.01, have to go through OC only, can't update via clover V.5126, why is that? Can someone please tell me

Edited by Slice
don't use red color. It is for moderators

Hi @Jief_Machak @Slice

To be sure, I made another test of Clover r5127 Slice test-1. This time, I updated all my kexts (Beta 10/24): this commit works. I can boot Big Sur 11.0.1 RC  :thumbsup_anim:

For this test, I keep kexts both in 11.0 and Other folder. Which folder do you prefer that I keep !

debug.log

Edited by Matgen84

56 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

@Matgen84 Does that means that your old Kext were ok with 5126, but only newer works with @Slice test1 ?

@Jief_Machak 
My USB test key contained September 13th kexts. I replaced them first with the ones compiled October 24th and after with the ones compiled today to start Big Sur 11.0.1 Release candidate with @Slice test 1. I don't know if the old kexts works with r5126, but I suppose so. On the other hand, it did not work with the RC

Edited by Matgen84