Open source cross-platform OpenCore Auxiliary Tools(OCAT)

ic005k
571 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, ic005k said:

@eSaF

The reason for this may be that you have not upgraded the OC main program, but only the configuration file. The OC main program can be downloaded here: https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/actions

Or use OCAT's own OC database, copy the following files from the database to your EFI to overwrite the previous files to upgrade.
BOOT/BOOTx64.efi
OC/OpenCore.efi

These two files are the most important for OC upgrade.

Thank you for your quick response, I will do some more testing but in practice I always update all files not just the config.plist but for clarity I will follow your suggestions. Thanks again. :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

@ic005k Hi - Just to report back, you were absolutely right in your assumption about my error. I followed your advice and all is well, I don't know why I made that mistake in the first place by just updating the config.plist and not the other components in the EFI Folder that is the pattern I usually follow but obviously I did not do that this time but as they say ........All's well that ends well. Thanks again for your guidance.

@eSaFCongratulations. The next version of OCAT will add the feature of "upgrading OC main program". Users only need to specify the target EFI folder, and the rest will be done automatically. This is very simple and easy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ic005k said:

@eSaFCongratulations. The next version of OCAT will add the feature of "upgrading OC main program". Users only need to specify the target EFI folder, and the rest will be done automatically. This is very simple and easy.

That is fantastic news for a future feature making OC updating even easier - Looking forward to that new development. :thumbsup_anim:

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, eSaF said:

That is fantastic news for a future feature making OC updating even easier - Looking forward to that new development. 

* New: Data check when inputting, including all tables and input boxes.
* New: Upgrade OC main program (under Edit menu), this feature is added to make OC upgrade exceptionally easy. Note: The button lights up when the configuration file where the OC directory is located is opened, otherwise it turns gray.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, eSaF said:

between OC Auxiliary Tools and OC official OCValidate in the outputs (See attached).

Oh, you are so ahead of your time, my brother. This is the latest version of OC with new content added, OCAT has been adapted but not yet released. If OC doesn't add any more new content in the next couple of days, I will release a new version of OCAT so that everything is OK.

16 minutes ago, ic005k said:

Oh, you are so ahead of your time, my brother. This is the latest version of OC with new content added, OCAT has been adapted but not yet released. If OC doesn't add any more new content in the next couple of days, I will release a new version of OCAT so that everything is OK.

:lol: - Very sorry my bad, yes Bro I do tend to leap before I look :hysterical: Sorry If we are keeping you busy. :)

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ic005k said:

* OC new AppleInput and sub items, there are more entries involved, so I won't list them all here.
* APP multiple details improvement and optimization.

Excellent work with the new update and implementations. :thumbsup_anim: Is it possible in a future update to add to the Mount ESP which particular disk to mount e.g disk0s1, disk2s1, etc, etc, for those of us that has multiple disks systems as it can be a bit confusing to which ESP we are mounting, just to prevent confusion but all in all an excellent piece of kit to have.

1 hour ago, eSaF said:

Is it possible in a future update to add to the Mount ESP which particular disk to mount e.g disk0s1, disk2s1

This is one area that needs to be improved in the future, but is not a high priority. In short, "Rome was not built in a day." , but please believe that this app will get better and better.:D

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ic005k said:

but please believe that this app will get better and better.:D

I have no doubt my friend, keep up the good work, you're doing just great. :thumbsup_anim:

@eSaF Mounting ESP partition under Mac has been rewritten, please download the latest version.

* New: Search overlay Tab text.
* Rewrite Module: Mount ESP partition under Mac, you can freely choose which partition to mount.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ic005k said:

@eSaF Mounting ESP partition under Mac has been rewritten, please download the latest version.

* New: Search overlay Tab text.
* Rewrite Module: Mount ESP partition under Mac, you can freely choose which partition to mount.

Brilliant work as usual my friend. :thumbsup_anim:

@ic005k - Works absolutely perfect, thank you.

• Like 1

@ic005k, would you mind updating Qt to the latest 5.15 development branch? This will resolve the ugly bug with the tab button alignment on macOS. See an example here: https://github.com/vit9696/qpdfview/blob/master/brew/qt.rb.

It will also help to build the program with GitHub Actions to increase the transparency. Thx for your work by the way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This current version doesn't add new features, it just tests automated builds.

Starting from this version, the app is completely built, packaged and distributed automatically by Github Actions to increase the transparency of the whole process and the possibility of errors due to human intervention. We would like to thank @vit9696 for his suggestion.

Note: The APP "check for updates" and download policy has been changed temporarily, now please download directly here: https://hub.fastgit.org/ic005k/QtOpenCoreConfig/releases

• Like 1

@ic005k - Hi I don't know if this is a glitch on my system, but the version before this one notified me of an update, when I clicked the update button, it downloaded the Windows version instead of the Mac version. It has never done that in the previous versions so just wondering why this happened, I had to go on the website and get the correct version. Thank you.

25 minutes ago, eSaF said:

@ic005k - Hi I don't know if this is a glitch on my system, but the version before this one notified me of an update, when I clicked the update button, it downloaded the Windows version instead of the Mac version. It has never done that in the previous versions so just wondering why this happened, I had to go on the website and get the correct version. Thank you.

Yes, the update and download strategy has changed for the new version. Subsequent versions are going to go directly to the website to download, and no longer pinpoint to a specific file, as automated builds may include more platform support in the future.

By the way, this has nothing to do with your system.

Edited by ic005k
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, ic005k said:

Yes, the update and download strategy has changed for the new version. Subsequent versions are going to go directly to the website to download, and no longer pinpoint to a specific file, as automated builds may include more platform support in the future.

By the way, this has nothing to do with your system.

OK understood thanks. :thumbsup_anim:

@ic005k, thx for the update. Some ideas when you have time:

- `ConsoleAttributes` are essentially colours for the text and background. You may want to show it as two dropdowns with user-visible colours. You can find hex colours here in 0xARGB format.

- `Target` is also a mask, and you are best to display it as a set of ticks as well (like Enable logging, Log to file, Log to screen, and so on).

- It will help to provide password hashing for the user, please call ocpasswordgen for that.

-  SecureBootModel allows several more values, it will be handy to include them in the dropdown with a minimal macOS version, like `j137 — macOS 10.13.2 (17C2111)`

- ROM can also be generated and it does not really need to be a MAC clone, you can often generate a random value, but preferably with Apple vendor.

- MinDate in APFS is best to have some calendar picker in case custom dates are desired.

- It might be a good idea either to hide all the menu icons on macOS or to at least add a dummy transparent icon to each entry, as otherwise it does not look nice (see below).

1893856569_2021-04-1203_51_58.png.01b21c8d185fa9efa1ae0c2719781ca0.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

* `ConsoleAttributes` selects the color visualization.
* `Target` add automatic calculation.
* Password hash and password salt for users (refinement in progress)
* SecureBootModel allows more values, add minimum macOS version in dropdown list, e.g. `j137 - macOS 10.13.2 (17C2111)`.
* ROM can also be generated.
* Add calendar selector to MinDate in APFS in case you need to customize the date.
* Hide all menu icons on macOS.

Thanks to @vit9696 for the suggestion.

Edited by ic005k
  • Like 3