[Release] macOS Catalina 10.15.6

gengik84

15 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, sl0wtarget said:

That doesn't appear as an option when Clover pops up, just macOS and Pre-Boot

Then the other option is try booting from Pre-Boot and see.

Well, this was a bit stressful. Shortly after the update started, the screen began to turn on and off (it was black even when ON), so I rebooted it after about 20 minutes, selected the data drive twice, then allowed it to (successfully) boot into the (now updated) system.

I'm using Clover 5119 with the latest WhateverGreen and Lilu kexts and the "agdpmod=pikera" boot flag. My RX 5700 is set as the primary card in BIOS.

My screen also gets black in the second stage of booting, just before the login screen, when the progress bar is at around 70% and - I assume - something gpu-related happens. The system works (gpu acceleration included), but it would be great to do something about it (and see the bar going to 100%/avoiding "blind" updates, if there are any left for Catalina).

Not sure if this is a thread for this, but if anybody has any hints, do let me know, please.

Screenshot 2020-07-17 at 02.56.09.jpg

Edited by HorseloverFat

I Had a bit of a problem with the update. updated from apple store. but hung on progress bar. just over half way. saying 42 minutes.(like that for 30 minutes. i forced shut it down and rebooted to the installer

progress bar then got stuck at 9 minutes then shut down and i the rebooted from the os.  

Screenshot 2020-07-17 at 02.36.40.png

10 hours ago, iCanaro said:

what version of Clover are you using? I hope the 5119

Yes. I double checked that while attempting to upgrade again and again—although I suppose I should be happy the update didn't bork my being able to boot into anything.

Edited by sl0wtarget