[GUIDE] ASUS Z170-DELUXE - i7-6700K - HD 530 & RX 5700 - [From macOS El Capitan 10.11.6 to Big Sur 11 - Windows 10]

kushwavez

57 posts in this topic

On 12/28/2020 at 5:27 PM, albertoacj said:

Thanks for help, but I don't understand  it, there is no kext for usb in this build, ASMedia controller is native supported ? 

Yes, it is natively supported.

13 hours ago, kenlgj said:

hi man !! I am use BCM94360HMB mini pic-e. but just wifi working.can't open the BT. can you tell me how to work perfectly in big sur.

According to the picture it is recognized, but the FW isn't loaded. 

Are you using BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext, BrcmPatchRAM3.kext and BrcmFirmwareData.kext? If not, try with them.

19 hours ago, kushwavez said:

Yes, it is natively supported.

According to the picture it is recognized, but the FW isn't loaded. 

Are you using BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext, BrcmPatchRAM3.kext and BrcmFirmwareData.kext? If not, try with them.

yes,I have used these .kext..still can't working...may these not update !!

19 hours ago, verdazil said:

kenlgj, you have a natively supported device, you don't need additional kexts, drivers, and so on. Should work right away, even when installing the system to a blank disk.

However, you must have a properly configured USB subsystem, using any of the available methods.

year !!I think so!but I don't kwon how to set that config....can you teach me or give me some adivce!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
49 minutes ago, kushwavez said:

@atomizasser yes. you can download the drivers from asus.com: https://www.asus.com/us/supportonly/Z170-DELUXE/HelpDesk_download/

Thanks! I've tested with my combination: adapater m.2 + BCM94360CD + WIndows 10 + Asrock Z490m-ITX/AC and it doesn't work. Windows recognize the card, but not show any wifi network (like others drivers tested). In macOS worked perfectly.

With this combination of drivers have you made them work on the laptop T440?

Thanks for your help.

In Z170-Deluxe there is a BCM94360HMB by OEM default. For that the linked driver should work. BCM94360CD is an Apple card, therefore I think you should use the official Apple Bootcamp drivers for that.

T440 is unfortunately a miss. I tried BCM94360NG and BCM94352Z. Unfortunately none of them worked on Windows. Same symptoms, on macOS it's okay, but on Windows there are no available WiFi networks, but the driver is installed and the cards are working in another notebooks (for example my X1 Carbon). BCM94352Z was native in Windows, no drivers needed, for 94360NG I used the bootcamp drivers for 94360CD.

I think on T440 it is something has to do with BIOS. I don't really use that notebook so I didn't test it so much, but I will debug if I have some spare time.

Edited by kushwavez